Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2013 November Sleevers

I am getting more nervous each day but seems this week is taking forever to go by. Can't believe surgery is on Monday already. I wish I still had fb took it down due to crazy stalker issues, I use my husbands from time to time still.

Hi everyone - I have made the decision to have Gastric Sleeve surgery on November 25th in Mexico with Dr Ortiz and A Lighter Me - I have been thinking about having something done for almost a year now and I just finally decided to go forward. I'm nervous and excited - going from Canada to Mexico is a bit nerve wracking I have to admit. If there is anyone else going for that date I would love to hear from you - going to start taking some before pictures and measurements - and lots of prayers for a good outcome!

Jen

Hi everyone - I have made the decision to have Gastric Sleeve surgery on November 25th in Mexico with Dr Ortiz and A Lighter Me - I have been thinking about having something done for almost a year now and I just finally decided to go forward. I'm nervous and excited - going from Canada to Mexico is a bit nerve wracking I have to admit. If there is anyone else going for that date I would love to hear from you - going to start taking some before pictures and measurements - and lots of prayers for a good outcome!

Jen

We have 12 sleevers on that date in our fb support group, admit not sure if any are going to mexico but could look into it... Good luck. I'm Canadian too.

I am getting more nervous each day but seems this week is taking forever to go by. Can't believe surgery is on Monday already. I wish I still had fb took it down due to crazy stalker issues, I use my husbands from time to time still.

You could create a new one with an anonymous name to use. We have 3 members that share your date :-)

Can't believe surgery is on Monday, I am excited but yet very very scared. How is everyone else doing who has had the surgery this month? Any regrets?

My surgery is Monday, too!

Did you have a pre-op diet?

Another Texan :) I am in Katy (Houston) and I just started the Process on Novemeber 13th.(The day after my 44th Birthday) I've done the consultation, Nut is next week, EGD is December and in the process of scheduling the Pshych. I am nervous and excited both.

Thanks, Dianne! You have totally nailed it....I just don't want to be the topic of discussions/opinions/advice etc. If people have not been overweight for many years, they don't really know the armour you build around you to ignore the deflect all the little indignities. I am looking forward to fitting in chairs, walking up stairs, buying smaller clothes, feeling more energetic. I will be happy to have people notice that I've lost/am losing weight but they don't need to know HOW I did it or what it took. Whew! Guess I am invested in this being a personal journey, not a public one.

Let's keep in touch to see if we continue to feel the same.

Could you add me to the FB group as well?

How are ya'll doing that have had your sleeve done the first half of the month? I had mine on the 4th, not quite 2 weeks yet but doing well. So far no issues with any liquid I have tried, dairy doesn't bother me, spicy doesn't bother me. I am so pleased with my decision, I feel so much better already. Today was day 2 at the gym, very slow consistent 20 minutes on the treadmill but you have to start somewhere, right?!?!? Only down 8 pounds since surgery, scale is stuck but everyone is telling me they can see it especially in my face. I still need to measure, maybe I'll go so that now. Lol! Ya'll have a great weekend!

Janae- I'm having mine the 26th too! Mine will be done in Mexico. Good luck! And pm me, we can be sleeve buddies!

Hi everyone - I have made the decision to have Gastric Sleeve surgery on November 25th in Mexico with Dr Ortiz and A Lighter Me - I have been thinking about having something done for almost a year now and I just finally decided to go forward. I'm nervous and excited - going from Canada to Mexico is a bit nerve wracking I have to admit. If there is anyone else going for that date I would love to hear from you - going to start taking some before pictures and measurements - and lots of prayers for a good outcome! Jen

Jen

I am going on the 25th also.. Good luck had gage a safe trip!!

Really nervous. Surgery scheduled Tuesday. Band is slipped so have to have surgery anyway! Anyone want to buddy up? I could use some friends to keep on track with.

I am scheduled for Monday, nervous and scared as well. Just went OCD today and cleaned everything and reorganized everything.