Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2013 November Sleevers

The countdown has started.....9 days and counting to my sleeve on November 20th 2013.

I've got my surgery on 22 Nov and I am so nervous. But at the same time I can hardly wait to start my second life. I am putting everything into this and have started to write my thoughts down in a diary. Good luck to everyone who's got their surgery in Nov.

Nov 19th!! On day three of my liquid diet!! Hungry!!

Have had any problems with headaches? I start my liquid diet Wednesday but I'm allowed to have raw, fresh veggies also. Good luck!

hea

Have had any problems with headaches? I start my liquid diet Wednesday but I'm allowed to have raw, fresh veggies also. Good luck!

Oh yes I'm start day 7 of my liquid pre-op tomorrow. First 3 days constant headache.. also seems to be the consensus for a lot of liquider's on our FB support group too....so drink lots and lots and lots... if you wake up through the night, drink, turn over, drink. You may have to pee couple times through the night but that's a much better option than the headache. It did go away on day 4.. Good luck

I'm scheduled for Nov 26 and very excited/scared at the same time. I guess I'm not really scared because I feel so ready and have already been eating a very healthy diet for several months. I've lost 23 pounds in 3 months, so I hope that's a good head start. Last weekend I laid in a supply of liquids to have on hand for post-surgery. I am not sure what to expect re how I'll feel.

Also, a confession. Is anyone else out there trying to go "under cover"? I just don't feel like discussing or talking about this very personal journey with friends/family/coworkers. My support is my partner and my clinic. I feel secure in that, but a little weird about being secretive.

How about it? Anyone else going the stealth route?

<p>I'm scheduled for Nov 26 and very excited/scared at the same time. I guess I'm not really scared because I feel so ready and have already been eating a very healthy diet for several months. I've lost 23 pounds in 3 months, so I hope that's a good head start. Last weekend I laid in a supply of liquids to have on hand for post-surgery. I am not sure what to expect re how I'll feel. </p> <p> </p> <p>Also, a confession. Is anyone else out there trying to go "under cover"? I just don't feel like discussing or talking about this very personal journey with friends/family/coworkers. My support is my partner and my clinic. I feel secure in that, but a little weird about being secretive. </p> <p> </p> <p>How about it? Anyone else going the stealth route?</p>

I am scheduled for Monday, nov 18th. I am not telling anyone except a specific few, not even my mother. I may change my mind, but until I do, I feel this isn't something anyone else needs to know. My struggle with obesity has been easily witnessed over the years. I just don't want to be subject of the discussions, and especially the Negativisms...when I am sometime into recovery, I think I will feel differently.

hea

Oh yes I'm start day 7 of my liquid pre-op tomorrow. First 3 days constant headache.. also seems to be the consensus for a lot of liquider's on our FB support group too....so drink lots and lots and lots... if you wake up through the night, drink, turn over, drink. You may have to pee couple times through the night but that's a much better option than the headache. It did go away on day 4.. Good luck

I have had some headaches, but their not bad ones. I think you observation about Fluid intake is sound. However, I have a really dry mouth feeling immediately after my Protein Shake. I am well hydrated so I don't think it is that. Has anyone else noticed this? (I am day 3 of the last pre-op stage of clear fluids)

Thanks, Dianne! You have totally nailed it....I just don't want to be the topic of discussions/opinions/advice etc. If people have not been overweight for many years, they don't really know the armour you build around you to ignore the deflect all the little indignities. I am looking forward to fitting in chairs, walking up stairs, buying smaller clothes, feeling more energetic. I will be happy to have people notice that I've lost/am losing weight but they don't need to know HOW I did it or what it took. Whew! Guess I am invested in this being a personal journey, not a public one.

Let's keep in touch to see if we continue to feel the same.

I'm not telling a ton of people either, my brothers are staying in the dark.. it's a very personal choice. I don't know how I'll feel about telling people post but for now I'm keeping it close to home. It is very freeing to share the experience on places like this though. And in groups where judgement is based in understanding or left at the door altogether.. I know I'm pushing the whole secret/private november Facebook thing, but it really is an amazing group of people and most are very involved on the page and it's all about the positive.. we have over 100 members and 3 surgeries are on the 18th and 4 on the 26th.. regardless it's no one's business how you live your life but yours!

Can I be added to the FB group please? :)

Can I be added to the FB group please? :)

Certainly Kelly just message me your fb email and i will send one asap! :)

Just sent the message! Thank you in advance!!