Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 7/31 and i have only lost 18 pounds

I was revised on May 6th at 165 pounds. I lost another 25ish in the first 2 months or so and than stopped.I am happy where I am at but I feel I should be loosing at least a pound or two with the little bit of food I eat.

I agree I eat about 900 calories a day give or take and I still loose very slow

I think a lot of us revisionists lose slower than the rest because think about it are we eating huge plates of food? Thousands of calories a day? NO we are not. Even if you didn't have good restriction with your band you did have restriction. So in my case instead of 3/4-1 cup of food' date=' I can eat 1/2 a cup. That is a 25-50% reduction, and don't get me wrong that's huge! But nothing compared to others that were eating 2 plates at a sitting! We ARE going to lose slower in most cases. Also some of the excitement is not there of the first time![/quote']

This makes so much sense.

It can be discouraging to lose slower than others. I was becoming frustrated with this as well but after speaking with my surgeon he assured me this was normal for a revision patient. He said because I had a lap band and had "shocked" my body with it my weight loss would be slower but assured me it would continue. I'm happy about losing 30lbs since my revision 3 months ago and I need to remember to include the 70 lbs I had lost with the band. 100 lbs lost isn't too shabby! :-)

ONLY 18lbs - girlie girl...gain 18lbs and see how you feel - I've put on weight over the last six months due to broken band and praying for the sleeve! Be happy that your loosing and if your working out 5 days a week let me assure you muscle weighs more than fat and your looking better, toning, - be proud of 18! I saw this on FB the other day and its me - "I wish I was as fat as I was when I thought I was getting fat" - That's me - I was teetering on the 200lb - got to 205, 212, 222, 227 - I'm 241 today - and it sucks the big fatty!

i was discouraged about my stall. 3wks after surgery i lost 17lbs and haven't lost a bit since!!! i have been taking my measurements and and am constantly losing so thats great!! not to mention a comment i received, which was, "u lost a loooot of weight!!" i would like to see a decline on the scale but i'm staying motivated by the lost of inches and clothes getting roomy.

When i got the band in 2007, i lost 30lbs in the 1st month so i was kind of expecting to lose that with the revision. i'm still understanding the sleeve and practicing new eating habits as well as exercising. stay faithful to your good health and it will happen. :):rolleyes:

Edited by HoneyBadGirl

I'm in the same boat. I am over two months out from revision, and down 19 lbs from surgery day. 202 down to 183. But I must say that I notice so much with that 19 pounds lost. Bones I have not seen in decades. I was 18 years old the last time I was in the 180's (I'm 40 now).

Also many people have commented on my shrinking, and every time my husband hugs me he says "You are so skinny!" Gotta love that. When I went from 255 down to 215, 40 pounds, no one really noticed. When I hit 205, a few people asked and were shocked I had lost 50 lbs. It was like, really?? Then looking me up and down to see where. But now, losing this 19, I am getting comments like "wow you have lost a lot of weight".

We all just have to hang in there! Esmeralda, it's been a month since you posted this thread, how is it going?

I don't know what I would do without this forum. I started out at 197 lbs 6/16/13 and lost the first 14 lbs quickly. Wow, it was awesome and then I was tested for my Type 2 diabetes and it is gone!!! I was in the 180s for sooo long and I was getting discouraged then today I weighed 174. I am 60 years old and I feel like a new woman but reading everyone's blogs really helps me realize that because I started out with a lower BMI means that I will lose slower. I do not feel alone and am encouraged that I am doing alright. Thanks for everyone's excellent comments to us slower losers.

I'm in the same boat. I am over two months out from revision' date=' and down 19 lbs from surgery day. 202 down to 183. But I must say that I notice so much with that 19 pounds lost. Bones I have not seen in decades. I was 18 years old the last time I was in the 180's (I'm 40 now). Also many people have commented on my shrinking, and every time my husband hugs me he says "You are so skinny!" Gotta love that. When I went from 255 down to 215, 40 pounds, no one really noticed. When I hit 205, a few people asked and were shocked I had lost 50 lbs. It was like, really?? Then looking me up and down to see where. But now, losing this 19, I am getting comments like "wow you have lost a lot of weight". We all just have to hang in there! Esmeralda, it's been a month since you posted this thread, how is it going? [/quote']

Hi how nice of you to remember me as of today I am 181 down 23, coming down slowly but surely it's kind if discouraging

I don't know what I would do without this forum. I started out at 197 lbs 6/16/13 and lost the first 14 lbs quickly. Wow' date=' it was awesome and then I was tested for my Type 2 diabetes and it is gone!!! I was in the 180s for sooo long and I was getting discouraged then today I weighed 174. I am 60 years old and I feel like a new woman but reading everyone's blogs really helps me realize that because I started out with a lower BMI means that I will lose slower. I do not feel alone and am encouraged that I am doing alright. Thanks for everyone's excellent comments to us slower losers.[/quote']

That's awesome can't wait to be at that weight keep it up

It's very discouraging to come to this page a read how well everyone is doing' date=' I started this at 204 and as of today I am at 186 what the heck. I work out five days a week and log my food.

Can everyone give me an example of what they eat a day?? Please I feel desperate!!!![/quote']

Also don't forget that with working out 5x per week you are building muscle which weighs more.