Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 7/31 and i have only lost 18 pounds

It's very discouraging to come to this page a read how well everyone is doing, I started this at 204 and as of today I am at 186 what the heck. I work out five days a week and log my food.

Can everyone give me an example of what they eat a day?? Please I feel desperate!!!!

Everyone looses differently, this is your journey- no one else's. the people dropping weight fast are NOT better off- their skin will sag, they are at risk for mal nutrition, hairloss, the list goes on......You need to only compare you to you. Monitor calories, log them, increase Protein, increase Water, cut carbonation and caffeine. It took me 6 yrs to lose 80# !!! I know the frustration. It will happen, your patience, perserverence is essential. Tie a knot in your rope and hold on !! You can do it!

I can understand your frustration. I also started at 204. Was 196 day of surgery 9/16 and 188 as of today. I'm not complaining but am concerned about slow weight loss starting out at a lower weight. How many calories are u eating a day? Did you lose a lot in the beginning and then stall? Has it been a steady slow loss?

Everyone looses differently' date=' this is your journey- no one else's. the people dropping weight fast are NOT better off- their skin will sag, they are at risk for mal nutrition, hairloss, the list goes on......You need to only compare you to you. Monitor calories, log them, increase Protein, increase Water, cut carbonation and caffeine. It took me 6 yrs to lose 80# !!! I know the frustration. It will happen, your patience, perserverence is essential. Tie a knot in your rope and hold on !! You can do it![/quote']

That's very nice of you to respond, I agree but it's very hard not to not compare I even stopped reading and posting here for the same reason

I can understand your frustration. I also started at 204. Was 196 day of surgery 9/16 and 188 as of today. I'm not complaining but am concerned about slow weight loss starting out at a lower weight. How many calories are u eating a day? Did you lose a lot in the beginning and then stall? Has it been a steady slow loss?

Your only out a few weeks I am almost two months, I wish I would lose as fast as you, great job

Girl, lots of us would love to be in your shoes, with so little to loose! I bet that the problem is you are comparing yourself to the wrong people. You can't compare pound for pound. You didn't say what your goal weigh is, but lets say for arguments sake that it is 130 pounds. That would leave you with a desired weight loss of 74 pounds. You have already lost 25 percent of your excess weight! That is a major accomplishment! I have only lost 20%.

Girl' date=' lots of us would love to be in your shoes, with so little to loose! I bet that the problem is you are comparing yourself to the wrong people. You can't compare pound for pound. You didn't say what your goal weigh is, but lets say for arguments sake that it is 130 pounds. That would leave you with a desired weight loss of 74 pounds. You have already lost 25 percent of your excess weight! That is a major accomplishment! I have only lost 20%.[/quote']

I would like to weight 145, my highest has been 260 before my band in 2005

Well, there you go. You have lost 31% of your excess weight! That's amazing, not slow!

I think a lot of us revisionists lose slower than the rest because think about it are we eating huge plates of food? Thousands of calories a day? NO we are not. Even if you didn't have good restriction with your band you did have restriction. So in my case instead of 3/4-1 cup of food, I can eat 1/2 a cup. That is a 25-50% reduction, and don't get me wrong that's huge! But nothing compared to others that were eating 2 plates at a sitting! We ARE going to lose slower in most cases.

Also some of the excitement is not there of the first time!

What I've noticed is you can not compare apples to oranges. Those that have dropped tons of weight, all seem to be in a higher weight class...mostly high 200's and over 300.

As long as you're sticking the program, I say, keep doing that..and don't compare yourself to others.

I started at 174 on July 16th and have only lost 18 lbs. So ur actually ahead of me. My dr told me to expect slower weighloss cuz I started out lower, but its getting ridiculous.

I sposed I could cut my calories more, work out more, or diet. But I had wls to avoid dieting again. My goal is still 26 lbs away and I've heard the last 20 r a b****. I actually think its the last 26!!! Even if I never egt to goal of 130, I'm happy with not weighing 248 anymore. I'm now a size 8 and am thrilled with that. Even if I never get into a 4, I'm happy I'm not a 22 anymore.

Hang in there. The less u weigh, the harder it is to lose.

Everyone is right, I still ate small portions with my band and it's a little less now so my body didn't have that radical change like the first time I got my band, I am still logging my food and working out I don't want to give up

I had a band to sleeve revision on 4/22 @ 245 lbs. 5 months later, I'm 218...only 27 lbs. I saw my surgeon yesterday and HE was pleased!

I was revised on May 6th at 165 pounds. I lost another 25ish in the first 2 months or so and than stopped.I am happy where I am at but I feel I should be loosing at least a pound or two with the little bit of food I eat.