Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wireless signals in Tijuana - Tracfone or Page Plus

Hi everyone

Okay, I have two wireless phones - one is Page Plus and the other is Tracfone. Does anyone have either of these and has successfully used them in Tijuana (or anywhere in Mexico for that matter)

I called both of these carriers - Page Plus said NO not unless I can catch a Verizon signal (gee that helps)

Tracfone was even more ridiculous and said NO - and went onto say that no tracfone will work outside the contiguous US - which is utter baloney folks as I have an Alaska Tracfone number which works just dandy in Alaska.

So I did try the carriers first but their answers are less than helpful - would LOVE to hear from anyone with Tracfone - Page Plus or Verizon about this - did your phone work in Tijuana Mexico ?

I don't have either of those phones but I'm lmao at the sarchasm.

I have Sprint and have determined that my phone will be going into Airplane mode while in TJ to avoid outrageous fees the will be charged for any texts or calls, including incoming. I'm just hoping that my hospital and hotel have free wireless connections cuz I'm just going to "say no to cell phones" while in TJ. Good luck to you!

Italiancurves - thanks and I definitely understand you turning off your phone to avoid roaming. FYI - if you have Skype app on your phone you should be able to make wifi calls just fine. I have my iPhone on prepaid page plus for $29.95 a month so roaming can't do too much damage to me as it can't go any higher than my plan but what bugs me is you cannot get a straight answer from these companies - so I guess I'll just find out when I get there (but hey there's always email)

I have AT&T so I called and talked to someone in the international dept. I explained my trip situation and was told for $60.00 I can get 200 minutes and that once I got there if I could not get a signal, to call them and they would get me on someone else's tower. I will be traveling alone, so it is very important to have cell service once I get to the hotel.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches