Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know most people or carb crazy but will I ever be able to eat a sandwich again?

Well said! I have wondered if I would be able to eat a kids subway sandwich. I know it is only three or four inches, but it seems pretty daunting right now. I loved subway and can't imagine not having it again

I never thought about the kids portions! Great idea! I am still only 2 weeks out from surgery so I can't eat it right now but I am always on the lookout for new and innovative ways to eat.

Jimmy Johns has the unwich. If you have a Jimmy Johns in your area you can order a sandwich and it comes wrapped in lettuce instead of bread. I wonder if people would be interested in that.

So i saw something cute on pinterest yesterday. Little tiny sliders made from one meatball each. Like this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3443/3306861303_6638d65637.jpg

Totally doable' date=' right??[/quote']

Want! They look very tasty. That is three meals for me right there :-)

I never thought about the kids portions! Great idea! I am still only 2 weeks out from surgery so I can't eat it right now but I am always on the lookout for new and innovative ways to eat.

Jimmy Johns has the unwich. If you have a Jimmy Johns in your area you can order a sandwich and it comes wrapped in lettuce instead of bread. I wonder if people would be interested in that.

That sounds better though I can't eat lettuce, bread goes down easier!

Thinking of sandwiches, I wonder why most just don't make it themselves at home? It is cheaper and healthier. You know what you are eating and you can plan your portion size perfectly.

I have put all fast food on the extreme end of occasional food. It is all **** food, really. I would have a Wendy's chilli before i touched subway. I would even have a McDonald's sundae before I had subway! Because if I am going to have something unhealthy I will go for ice cream every time! Subway is one of the worst in my opinion because they pretend to be healthy. But they aren't.

Thanks for responding guys and letting me know what you can have. I am going through some mental hurdles right now trying to decide if this decision was the best decision of my life or the absolute worst. It does seem to get easier daily though. This is where the rubber meets the road though with me. I am 2 weeks and 1 day out. By now' date=' if I were on a diet and not sleeved it would have flown out the window by now and I'd have a heap of McDonalds sitting in front of me as I typed this. But I can't now, this is my path. In a way I am mourning my old self but on the flipside to that coin, that person was literally killing me.

So thank you for sharing, it does get better.[/quote']

I'm with you, although I haven't had surgery yet. I hope to eventually be able to eat in moderation.

*note* If you're a CARB NAZI (and you know who you are) please don't comment. Your advice is appreciated but not needed. I respect balance now in my life.

((((LOVE THIS ^^^^^ COMMENT RIGHT HERE)))))

Early on' date=' I said it was a lot like breaking up with someone who was bad for you. You know you need to kick him to the curb, you know he's horrible for you, but a part of you still loves him just a little and wishes he'd change so you could still be together, and some warped part of you still misses that loser!

Why would this be any different, right? :)[/quote']

Great analogy...I'm stealing this for my book of quotes that I will rely on post op!

I am 6 months post op and I can eat about 3/4 of a piece of toast. I know that a 6 inch sub would be too much, but maybe a 3 inch would be do- able. Occasionally I will do 1/8 to 1/4 cup of rice or potato. I eat a few crackers from time to time. Personally, I wish that I waited longer before eating rice, potatoes, bread and etc. I feel like I am more hungry and eat more when I started eating those items. I may cut those carbs out and go back to just Protein and veggies.

I want to be able to be moderate as well, so not do without anything. My surgeon explained that bread, rice and Pasta can swell when they hit your sleeve and cause problems. I am seven weeks out and know I still have swelling because of the symptoms I am feeling and the very little I can eat and drink.. I am allowed to have toast so long as it is whole grainy. I have a brand called Burgen which is yummy but I can only eat a very small amount and it has to be toasted. I have only had it twice but it gives me hope for the future sandwich scenario. I don't have the problem where having carbs makes me crave more. Pre sleeve I only ever had two slices of bread a day. Other things caused my weight problem. Also most veges and fruit have carbs I thought?

I just had a turkey ranch club wrap for Breakfast today' date=' made with 1/2 a light Flatout (8 carbs, 4.5 G Protein, 45 calories for 1/2 a Flatout). It was yummy, but didn't sit as well as some things- it was my first bread since surgery July 2nd. But the Flatouts are not a bad find![/quote']

I found the Flatout Pinwheels even easier. I eat about a quarter of one. They are a firmer texture and sit a little better for me.

Burger King has a new chicken wrap with grilled chix, blue cheese, dried cranberries and apple slices. It is delish. I ate almost all of the insides. I left 2 pieces of the chix it was too much. Left all of the thick wrap. I am 10 months out and when I order a sandwich I usually eat the lower bun with the insides but can not finish the whole thing. Since you are a male your sleeve may be longer or bigger than females.

I am curious if anyone has tried out this bread?

Julian Bakery smart carb bread. http://www.julianbakery.com/bread-product/smart-carb-1/?gclid=CIXk7YXI6bkCFY9eQgodYDkA1g

Only 4 net cards and 10 grams of Protein! They carry it at Whole Check..err..Whole Foods.

I've TRIED eating a 6in...meatball. ...sad face. ... all I got in was 1 meatball. ..be before the burping began. ... so now. My husband buys 3ft longs....and ILL share WITH my 7 yr OLD. ..cut off bout 1in....IM DONE

I am 3 1/2 yrs post op. there are occasions that I eat a 6" sub with light veggies and the end pieces cut off since it is usually harder bread. It still fills me completely but I try to only do this in moderation. It's all about balance and I'm still a work in progress lol

I am curious if anyone has tried out this bread?

Julian Bakery smart carb bread. http://www.julianbak...CFY9eQgodYDkA1g

Only 4 net cards and 10 grams of Protein! They carry it at Whole Check..err..Whole Foods.

I've tried their paleo bread and it was $10 for a package of gritty nastiness.

Just curious... for those who are post op out 3-4-5-6 months or more. Can you eat a sandwich? Like a 6 inch sub from Subway?

Or is this just a pipe dream that I'll just have to forget about in my future?

*note* If you're a CARB NAZI (and you know who you are) please don't comment. Your advice is appreciated but not needed. I respect balance now in my life.

I've been coming here for a long time and I must have missed something. Who are the carb nazis?