Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dropped 3 pants size in 2 months

<p>SuperKen and Brothamike, Both doing great. SuperKen, that is an amazing loss on the waist and weight, you may be in onederland by now. Hope things are still going well for both of you.. </p>

Hey NJVSTuser, thank you for your kind comment. I have quite a ways to go to get to Onederland, but when it happens (well it's still hard for me to even imagine hitting that milestone) I'll be ecstatic.

I was shocked. Before my massive weight gain I was 270lbs. Avg pant size 38. I started to develop sleep apnea which really got bad over time. When I finally got checked it was in the severe stage 65 episodes a minute. by time I was diagnosed I was 380lbs and pants size 52 (I like them loose). All this happened within 3 years. I had about 10 new pants I havent wore since weight gain.

Im 10 weeks in, and now im at 287lbs. Im still very big, but the weight loss didnt hit me until I didnt have any clean pants (havent done laundry... I work 2 jobs.. dont judge im not lazy..lol). I had to attempt to try one of these pants on since I had a party to go to and all stores were closed. I jumped into a size 44 and it was still too big. I believe im currently a size 40 I jist havent checked. Its summer I been wearing shorts all summer and surgery was in jun. So we will see.

Sorry for long story im just really happy with my surgery getting to sizes I havent seen in years.

SuperKen, Yes you had a lot further to go than I did to get to onederland but think with some staying power on the diet hopefully, you will make it this year. I know I was amazed that I got below 200 as I know the average is losing 65% of the excess weight and the docs will be happy if you get to that. My fear is having lost 100% of the excess it may be tougher to keep it off as the years go on but the surgeon think I will probably settle down 10 lbs higher than I am now. Only time will tell.

Godson, You are doing great it sounds like and are seeing results around the waist. Good luck and hope it all goes as well for you as it has for me so far. Great when everyone shares their stories.

This one of the most encouraging threads I've read so far. Thanks for all your stories! should be having surgery by the end of the year if insurance approval goes through. Just finished all lab work and the end of a 6 month weight loss trial. Only thing left now is the scope and insurance approval. This is starting to be very real and I'm both nervous and excited. I'm really looking forward to dropping back to normal waist sizes and weight though.

I went from a size 48 to a 34. Congrats on your success!!

You can do it! I went to Walmart and bought something to wear for the first time since grade school. And went back to exchange for a smaller size.

You guys sound great. Keep up the good work. Just keep doing the right thing. Don't focus on stalls and plateaus.

I was plateaued 60 pounds AGO.

THE STALLS WILL BREAK,!

I'm stalling right now!!! Lost 2 lbs this entire week. I was upset...but just went ahead and worked out this morning and I will keep it moving! I'm down 36lbs in last 4 weeks. Just focusing on my goal target for month 2, October. Hopefully weight will start to come off again soon.

I am 7 months out and have gone from a 54" to a 40" so far. Shirt size from a 3-4xl to a 2xl (almost xl) with 50 more pounds to go. Feels great to see everybody's accomplishments.

I'm stalling right now!!! Lost 2 lbs this entire week. I was upset...but just went ahead and worked out this morning and I will keep it moving! I'm down 36lbs in last 4 weeks. Just focusing on my goal target for month 2, October. Hopefully weight will start to come off again soon.

Don't get too wrapped up in monthly weight loss goals. If you want a monthly target to strive for .......make it following your food and nutrition regimen and a rigid exercise program. The weight will come off on the schedule your body decides. And trust me.....if you adhere closely to your routines.....it will continue to come off, regardless of the many stalls along the way. ;)

I agree with Recycled. I was " stalled" at 262# for the longest time. That was 64 pounds AGO.

Now I'm stalled at 198. Boo.... Fickin..... hoooo!

Keep to your plan and the pounds will come off.

It's a lifestyle change, a lifelong marathon. Not a sprint or a diet.

My nurse practionactor Told me: if you can look YOURSELF in he mirror and say I am eating the right things;

MOST MEALS

MOST DAYS

MOST WEEKS

MOST MONTHS

MOST YEARS.

You will get there.

No one is perfect.