Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV ....so great!

So I am a Lane Bryant girl by necessity and I haven't been there in a while because I had clothes in my closet that were smaller from on my way UP. So I walk in and they know me there and the sales lady says "wow ! Look at you getting all skinny! You look great!" I was in shock I guess because I have been losing slow so I guess I didn't realize the impact. I am almost 3 months out and have lost 25 pounds since surgery and 35 since preop. That s slow compared to a lot of others but I feel like as long as I keep losing ill be fine. To top off the whole visit to Lane Bryant, I need work pants and and 18 looked great! My 22's were falling off so I thought I old need a 20 but nope! It's an 18 and not tight at all :) I was pushing a 28 when I was at my highest so I have lost 10 sizes. One word...Unbelievable!..... So if you are undecided on whether you want to take the leap of faith, I tell you that NOTHING has worked for me. Even the lap band along with every diet you can imagine. This is working and I feel great. I can exercise without feeling like I am going to die. I can eat healthy and be ok with it. Life is great and I love my sleeve :D

Awesome! Congratulations! I can't wait to follow in your footsteps :)

Noticed u had a lap band..any slippage prob..did u have surgery to remove band snd sleeve at same time. Congrats on your success. This is a good reminder that the scale is not the only tool that says u are making progress, I find that weighing too often can be discoraging when expectations fall short of reality. Just started process to get the sleeve surgery..however I have lots of fear since. I have the lapband, that did not work for me.. At my first meeting with my doc he did say that removing the lapband and having the sleeve puts me at greater risk..this made me very fearful to continue with the sleeve..but I am the end of the rope with yoyo dieting for the last 40 years. I will be 60. In January. Can you all give me encouraging words to relieve some of my fears. Thanks.

Any loss is a major victory, congrats!! What a self esteem boost with dropping a couple sizes. Keep up the great progress.

Noticed u had a lap band..any slippage prob..did u have surgery to remove band snd sleeve at same time. Congrats on your success. This is a good reminder that the scale is not the only tool that says u are making progress, I find that weighing too often can be discoraging when expectations fall short of reality. Just started process to get the sleeve surgery..however I have lots of fear since. I have the lapband, that did not work for me.. At my first meeting with my doc he did say that removing the lapband and having the sleeve puts me at greater risk..this made me very fearful to continue with the sleeve..but I am the end of the rope with yoyo dieting for the last 40 years. I will be 60. In January. Can you all give me encouraging words to relieve some of my fears. Thanks.

Hello Carlotta! I had the lapband in 2007 and I got a piece of food stuck 7 months after surgery and had problems ever since. I was completely unfilled and when they tried to fill it after my incident I would have restriction then all of a sudden I couldn't eat at all. I went for every test under the sun and they think the stitch may have popped and it was moving. Long story short, I threw up most of the time and couldn't eat at all for awhile other than Soup. . In 2010 I found Dr Nick and he removed all of my Fluid. I was fighting my insurance to be approved for about 1 year then gave up, then tried again and gave up. Finally this year in January I changed jobs and with it the insurance and I was approved to have the band out and have the sleeve. My surgeon normally does it in two surgeries, but my employer was electing to go with a different insurance starting July 1 so he agreed to do it all in one surgery because I was approved after fighting for so long. Whew! Tried to make it short.

I knew that there was a little more risk with a revision, but I could not possibly have my band out and not have anything to help me with weight loss. So I chose the sleeve. This is the best decision I have ever made. I am not going to lie though, the first month was really rough after surgery. But it was a small price to pay to reclaim my life ... Hope I answered all of your questions!

Thanks all :)