Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tortilla 5weekspost op.

As anyone had a tortilka wrap 5 weeks out. I was thinjibg of making one with Turkey and cheese and cutting it into 4ths. Any input? Too early??

Tortilla is recommended over bread. I'm 9 days out and my doctor told me to start regular food since I tolerated full liquids and Soups with chunks so well. So I had a small tortilla with chicken on it today. My only suggestion would be small bites and chew it up well.

I did the exact same thing the other day. A small tortilla, a slice of turkey deli meat and a slice of swiss cheese. Rolled it and popped it n the microwave for 25 seconds. Tasted awesome!

I've had tortillas with deli slices and cheese melted in the microwave and also egg and cheese tortillas. When I stop at half, I feel okay, but if I eat the whole thing, I feel nauseated for a while. I'm almost 8 weeks out. I have eaten rice, bread, Pizza Crust, and rolls, but not a lot at a time. I did eat a whole McD hamburger in two settings. Except for feeling a little nauseated, I seem to tolerate just about anything I try.

My problem is I'm getting tired of having to be so selective about what I eat. I look at lots of stuff and don't want any of it. Thinking about just not eating at all anymore. Good luck to you.

Wow I'm amazed y'all able to eat what you are! I'm starting my 5th week and are on soft foods. I have been having issues tolerating chicken, eggs, and ground beef! I don't seem to be able to eat much. Breakfast consist of 3 tablespoons of cream of wheat. I can't imagine eating a wrap! Believe me I would like too but it isn't happening just yet! :(

What kind of tortilla? Soft hard? Low fat? Im 4 weeks and havent had any bread stuff.

I had a vegetable soft tortilla (Mission Wraps - Garden Spinish Herb) with eggs this morning. Taste and smell was Amazing!!

I've had tortillas with deli slices and cheese melted in the microwave and also egg and cheese tortillas. When I stop at half' date=' I feel okay, but if I eat the whole thing, I feel nauseated for a while. I'm almost 8 weeks out. I have eaten rice, bread, pizza crust, and rolls, but not a lot at a time. I did eat a whole McD hamburger in two settings. Except for feeling a little nauseated, I seem to tolerate just about anything I try. My problem is I'm getting tired of having to be so selective about what I eat. I look at lots of stuff and don't want any of it. Thinking about just not eating at all anymore. Good luck to you.[/quote']

That's me. Eating has become a chore :(

Where so u buy these?

Walmart or Local grocery stores.

Here you go...

post-68462-13813670165941_thumb.png

[ATTACH]18664[/ATTACH]

Thanks i will check into it. Turkey and swiss sounds good.

If you are wanting something low in carbs you can also make a lettuce wrap instead of the tortilla. Works if you are high on your carb count for the day. :)

Had my 1st tortilla last nite (11 wks out) and regretted it. I've been eating 1 pc of bread (toasted) every morning without problems. I made homemade soft tacos last nite and I was starving. Not sure if it was the tortilla or the fact that I ate about 3/4 of a taco in about 5 mins.

Luv, luv, luv warm tortilllas with melted butter. If someone told me I could never have tortillas again Id have been really sad.

I waited till 8 wks before adding bread tho.

Sleeve Master,

I would say you ate it too fast. I have eaten tortillas several times now without issue. NUT says if a food actually makes you sick, wait 3 months and then try it again. I don't know if I would wait that long, maybe a month. I'm 8 weeks out today. I've eaten bread, bread sticks, bits of rolls, flat bread from Subway. I have even had a couple bites of egg rolls. If you eat slow and not too much, it seems to work for me. Good luck. We all know that we can't do without bread items completely and be happy about it!