Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can u take to much protein

I've had about 99 grams of Protein today is that to much. Being a female should I just stick to the 64g a day. Anyone know...

Not too much. I try to stay between 60-100. Average 80.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using VST

My understanding of to much Protein is that once you hit the amount your body can absorb for the day then it all basically runs through you and really doesn't make any difference. That's what I have read anyways. :)

Unless you have kidney disease, or some other sort of metabolic problem, no, not too much.

You have to remember too, your body can only absorb 30-40 grams of Protein at once.

But unless you've got kidney issues I don't think it'll hurt. Especially if you're working out ;)

How can you get that much in? I get diarrhea with the Protein Shakes, and am having problems getting even 30!

How can you get that much in? I get diarrhea with the Protein shakes' date=' and am having problems getting even 30![/quote']

I'm 3 weeks out and rarely drink Protein shakes and get 60-80 a day. I personally eat 3 meals and 2 Snacks every 2-3 hours and put Protein first. I have been super crazy about chicken as of late.

I think it depends on height, goal weight, etc., but my doctor said a minimum of 80 grams for me. They want me to get 80 to 110 grams a day. I'm 5'8"

Whatever Protein ur body cant use ull pee out. Learned that in college nutrition class. Body builders who drink like 150gms of protein a day are literally putting it down the toilet!

Ok thanks for the advice an I was on the bothhouse Protein Drink :-( they didn't have enough Protein an wayyyyyyyy to much sugar. My system has never been regular, so I'm not in the bathroom. I'm now back on my Unjury :-) with soy milk or almond. Today is just day two. The last six months I've been over eating bc I was stressed. No job an raising my son. I'm ready to lose this weight I'm going back to just the shakes Water an soy burgers. I'm determine to lose 30 pounds so my dad will stop smoking. We agreed on 90 pounds. I'm a year an four months out an haven't done my best bc I picked up old habits. Now I'm more focused n determined to lose this weight . Plus when I lose the 30 I'll be in the onederland :-)