Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay, so what does it mean if my poop is white? I mean, white, not a variation of. It started two days ago, I've had a tiny bit of lower back pain, and have had off and on nausea. I've been really tired lately but I've been putting that to horrible work hours. But even on my days off, I am sleeping a lot this week. I have a doc appointment in the morning with my PCP, until then, ideas???

P.S. If this is some weird gallbladder symptom or anything that's going to make me have to miss work I am going to freak. I have no more sick days!!!

I'm not a doctor - but I remember being curious about my changes in stool. This helped (link below) But always remember that even a simple symptom can lead to life threatening diseases that will make you die in 7 days, ACCORDING TO THE INTERNET. That was supposed to be a really bad joke by the way, my mom always tells me that when I run to her with my self - diagnosis... Definitely tell your doctor though.

http://www.doctoroz....ling-you?page=3

9 days out my poop is all kinds of messed up and changes on a daily. But white poop? weird. lol

No idea, but do keep us updated. Hope you feel better soon. Glad you are going to see the dr. If nothing else, it will relieve your mind to know what the cause is.

Thanks!

I'm not a doctor - but I remember being curious about my changes in stool. This helped (link below) But always remember that even a simple symptom can lead to life threatening diseases that will make you die in 7 days, ACCORDING TO THE INTERNET. That was supposed to be a really bad joke by the way, my mom always tells me that when I run to her with my self - diagnosis... Definitely tell your doctor though.

http://www.doctoroz....ling-you?page=3

Will do!

No idea, but do keep us updated. Hope you feel better soon. Glad you are going to see the dr. If nothing else, it will relieve your mind to know what the cause is.

I did a quick search for white poop and it doesn't seem to be normal. Good thing you have an appointment already. I did not have that as a sign of anything with my gallbladder. My gallbladder issues were severe pain from chest through to back and severe acid in my stomach.

I remember reading something about that before. I want to say something with your liver.

Did you just have a swallow-test or other xray where you had to drink barium or something?

Weird. Are you letting food sit in your stomach for a while or washing it through with Water? In other words, are you drinking while or right after you eat? I would call the doctor in any case. That seems unusual.

Sounds like a gall bladder issue with no bile being produced--at lease that's what it is for babies. Hope it's something simpler but it's definitely a symptom to share w your doctor.

That with the back pain is classic gall bladder! If you haven't had a swallow study, like stated earlier, it is definitely something to bring up to your PCP. I had the white poop very late stage before my gall bladder was removed and I was seriously ill by the time I had surgery.

Well...let's talk about white poop. With my gall bladder not functioning at all I had white poop and felt like someone had taken a sword and impaled me from front to back. It was awful. Sounds pretty similar.

Right after the surgery? I had both.

Did you just have a swallow-test or other xray where you had to drink barium or something?

So it's been a long day. I went to the doctor this morning and at first she said:

'Lets run some blood tests and get a stool and urine sample. If I don't find anything with those I will send you to have an ultrasound.'

I said sure and waited while she left to print off my paperwork to take downstairs to the lab. A few minutes later she walked back in with a frown and told me she had done some research and wanted me to have the ultrasound right now. So they called down to radiology and had someone brought in just to give me the total abdominal ultrasound. (Which btw is no longer painful now that they no longer have to dig the stick into me to get a decent picture! NSV!!!!)

While I was having the ultrasound done, the tech turned the screen to me and pointed at it. She showed me my gallbladder, which showed up very clearly, then pointed at a massive amount of white spots. 'These, are gallstones.' she told me. 'But I am not a doctor so I can't say that for sure.'

Grrrreeeaaat! There was a LOT of stones in there. Sigh.

I don't have any vacation or sick days left if they decide to take it out. Will have to pray I can get leave or something. On the bright side, I met my out of pocket awhile ago.

P.S. Digging through my poop was disgusting!!!