Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Thanks Sophie,

and I love that quote too by anng. This morning I woke up and felt a lot better...'no grummy feelings!' Over the yrs I have bought about 15 + diet books, and I looked on my shelf, and found one I hadnt really read similar to the ones you quoted, its called: Overcoming Overeating (conquer your obsession with food) by Jane Hirschmann & Carol Munter. I bought this book yrs ago, so Im finally gonna read it. Thats a really good tip, reading about why we over eat whilst recovering from the op, and after, so you address the emotional leavel, as well as the physical level.

Hi Scarlett, yes I am english and live in the UK, I live in Dorset, in the sticks. I live in a place called the 'Purbecks' near corfe castle and Swanage, by the sea and the Purbeck hills, but I work all over the South West of the UK (Dorset, Hampshire, Devon, Somerset, Isle of Wight etc). Where did you used to live here?

Kyethra, I agree being nice to my DH is needed badly at the moment, I have been awful to him lately, its not done on purpose, but I have been really tetchy, and irritable. I woke up this am though feling much better, hopefully once this weeks out of the way, I will be back to my old normal self!!

Love Sara xx

MY surgery is Monday the 26th! I am waking up with anxiety attacks! I am so scared, but also excited!!!

AHH Help!!!!

:welcomeB: snowangel and Good Luck tomorrow!!!!!!!

March Bandster Babes!

This is the list that I will be keeping up to date for us.. PM me if you want to be added or just post a message on the end of this thread....

HERE WE GO........... Current as of 03/27

CarolynB - 03/01

dec0578 - 03/01

Pam~bander 2/22 - 03/01

bikergirl360 - 03/01

Tea Time - 03/02

hlayne - 03/02

wilma - 03/02

analee - 03/02

laralynn86 - 03/03

Sophie248 - 03/05

GloGirl - 03/05

Fur Ellie - 03/05

ThickChickTexas - 03/05

Band STAR - 03/05

Nikki - 03/05

emilymor - 03/05

Char - 03/06

anniegs- 03/06

Sugarbear - 03/07

gailannr - 03/07

Sue in Russia - 03/07

planoltxgirl - 03/08

HeatherPA - 03/08

Denise - 03/08

bronnie70 - 03/09

lokiluvr - 03/09

GC53 - 03/11

Mommy202 - 03/12

Sharon67 - 03/12

Hazelbunny - 03/12

nurseamy - 03/12

magnolia - 03/12

pianoplayer - 03/12

babylovestoys - 03/12

Hotpink Bubbles - 03/13

Tabithan - 03/13

aprilmarie - 03/13

Kyethra - 03/14

Charlif761 - 03/14

x-ray chic - 03/14

demsvmejm - 03/14

CuddleNymph - 03/14

gret1964 - 03/14

sharrism - 03/14

jag65 - 03/14

TammyJ - 03/15

Scarlett - 03/15

ohiobluegal - 03/15

Rosi - 03/15

sushiqwn's DH - 03/15

Machele - 03/16

RowdyReptile - 03/16

countrygirl1404 - 03/16

mnkbrly - 03/16

stacy16 - 03/16

tm1019 - 03/16

WendyJ - 03/19

vcarozzolo - 03/19

ebony868 - 03/19

SueA - 03/19

demmemoon - 03/19

momlambert - 03/19

ladybug390 - 03/19

Theresa Ann - 03/19

berry - 03/19

deshar - 03/19

purplemonkey - 03/19

lindsay - 03/19

charsweb - 03/19

kuebel j - 03/20

TRANAM1955 - 03/20

GOOD&READY - 03/20

amrdmr - 03/20

Reesh - 03/20

Janine - 03/20

Mrs Husker - 03/20

CrazyCran - 03/21

lilnena - 03/21

blondylocks - 03/21

Famos - 03/21

eclipse - 03/21

dawnie1856 - 03/21

anon - 03/21

jaysd74 - 03/21

Seahawkfreak - 03/21

chatgirl6 & DH - 03/22

LoriPA - 03/22

Desiree1970 - 03/23

Maggief - 03/26

tiredofbeingfat - 03/26

snowangel - 03/26

sushiqwn - 03/27

Rockn4u - 03/27

lisa - 03/27

Deb - 03/28

kssunflower - 03/28

neveragain - 03/28

my5grlz - 03/29

alaverde - 03/29

Syrah - 03/29

SGDodge06 - 03/30

slikchik10 - 03/30

Medge - 03/30

late - 03/30

Bubbles - Bumped to April 11th

Fenton - pending

tootsiepop - pending

ClickerSister - pending

Sara Mos - Bumped to April 2nd

ginabobeana - pending

mdicurn - pending

Laurend - pending

SusaninKC - pending (tentative date 03/19)

TracyinKS - Bumped to April 26, 2007 (insurance approved 1/30!)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Wow! there are lots of us on here aren't there!

Maggie, Tiredofbeingfat and Snowangel good luck for tomorrow, I hope you op goes as well as mine... virtually painless experience!

Ok,

Last night DH took me to Red Lobster! I had the Lobster Lovers Dream. I think this week will be a week of last supers for me. We arent going to go food shopping. Just bring home dinner. Today I am not as nervouse as I have been. My poor mommy lost her job. She was a receptionist in a law firm for 15 years. Last year her boss died and he was the head partner. Since then others have left and there are only 2 partners left so they said they cant afford to pay her anymore. She was pretty upset, but was looking for another job anyway. She is 62, but a very young 62! She may just take off and collect for now, and hope something good comes her way. Now she can come to the hospital with my DH for my sugery though! I never expected that. I was always very independant as a child so she wasnt always there for me in certain situations. (like when I was in college and went from 170-113 in 3 months from puking everyday (cough cough) she said she figured it was "my" body. Well she is 5'4, blonde hair, blue eyes, size 7 since she eats almost nothing.)

Well back to reality! Sorry I ranted dont know where all that came from.

Anyways 5 days till sugery ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anyway my biggest concern for my journey was that I have chosen never, ever, to eat or drink anything using any type of sugar free substitutes. I hate it. YUCK!

I feel even if I am a slow loser, I will be ok with my decision.

When I met with the dietitian I shared my concerns, she said I do not see a problem, if I was to have the Gastric Bypass I would have to have sugar free for the rest of my life for "dumping". But not a concern with the lapband.

Also I am a huge ice tea addict. Just ice tea from a tea bag, ice, and a squeeze of lemon.

Since being home I have had regular popsicles, regular Jello, and broths. Then went to full liquids having regular fudgcicles, and puddings and custards, and yogurts and coco wheats. I am however having fat free cream Soups.

So I went to the hospital weighing 266 I crested at my highest from the IV's at 271. I am now officially 5 days post op and I am down 15 lbs at 256.:clap2:

So here is my thought.....you have surgery, your body is in complete shock, then you recover by being told to have only sugar free products and broth. I think that you throw your body into a survival starvation mode. I feel that you need some sugar and calories to stabilize your system. My thought may come back and bite me in the tush, but I am not convinced sugar free with the chemicals is the best. I would love your thoughts ,I think :nervous. Yikes!

Here is a rumor I heard, for every hour that you are under sadation, that is how many days you will feel foggy from the anestitia(SP)?

I am feeling much better.

Good luck to everyone having surgery next week.

Hi Everyone,

I had my surgery on 3/14 at UCI Medical Center in Orange, CA. I have lost 20 lbs. and feel almost back to normal. Energy level is still low. Happy to have the surgery over and a new beginning! :)

Good Luck!

Julie

Hello march bandsters! I am scheduled for surgery on the 30th. Iam trying not to think about it being so close. Anyway is there anything you wish you would've done to be better prepared for your surgery, For example: things you did not buy, things you needed but did not have while in the hospital etc. I am a make a list person and i don't want to forget anything. Thanks for your help!

Hello march bandsters! I am scheduled for surgery on the 30th. Iam trying not to think about it being so close. Anyway is there anything you wish you would've done to be better prepared for your surgery, For example: things you did not buy, things you needed but did not have while in the hospital etc. I am a make a list person and i don't want to forget anything. Thanks for your help!

The Magic Bullet blender has been great for the mushies stage - My meals would have been much more boring without the ability to blend up the meals I prepared for my family.

HOLY MOLY!!

I am on soft foods now and I was eating very soft cooked veggies yesterday. I did not eat slowly enough or chew well enough for the first couple of bites (out of habit). All of a sudden I had a golf ball flare of pain inthe middle of my chest - it brought tears to my eyes. I didn't PB but I felt like I was going to die.

I called my surgeon and he said that is part of the "behavioral conditioning" of the band. No kidding - I don't want to ever go through that again!! - It only lasted a few minutes but it got my attention.

Hi "Late",

I had my surgery March 20th in Mexico (Dr.Ortiz). For some reason, though I have had many surgeries before, this one really did freak me out beforehand. I was banded the same day as 2 other women and every one of us was totally surprised at how easy a time we had (everyone's different, I know that!). So, try to relax, though I sure do understand that is easier said than done. The one thing that really, really helped with MY postop soreness and gas was the heating pad EVERYONE recommends. That, plus walking as much as you can. I even survived the all day trip home, cross the border, in the San Diego airport, plane ride, airporter bus....ugh! But I was fine, just tired and sore when I got home.......and SOOOOOOO glad to be HOME! and have the surgery DONE! YAY! Oh, and although the GAS-X thing doesn't help everyone, but it sure did help me with some of the gassiness, so I would have them handy. They did give me medicine for the gas in the hospital/clinic, but the strips really helped in the first few day after the surgery. The whole postop diet/food situation seems to be so dependent on what your doc tells you, how you live, etc. I stocked up on stuff that was recommended on these boards and it turned out Dr. Ortiz's nutritionist thinks Jello is a solid. Fine with me, I have no cravings for Jello. If you are the type that wants everything pre-made, then stock up on all the things you've seen on the lists. But today is day 5 post surgery and I am supposed to be on full liquids and am bored with canned/boxed soups/chicken broth and am using the Magic bullet to whip up my own "full liquid" Soups, with no chunks. Especially because, with type 2 diabetes, the juice they gave me in the hospital sent my blood sugar through the roof, so am sticking to protein-based liquids. Anyway, ramble, ramble......just wanted to let you know it is going to be FINE. And SUCH a relief!

AMRDMR

Hi SnowAngel,

Don't be scared....it wasn't that bad. Yes, you will have some gas pains but in 3 or 4 days they will subside. I had my surgery last Tuesday and was out all day yesterday with my son shopping. The only discomfort I have is the gas pains but as I said it's getting easier each day. Just think about Tuesday....surgery will be behind you and your new journey will be ahead. I'll be praying for you......Reesh