Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Pam and Sugarbear-I have to wait for 8 weeks May 8th I believe for the fill. I have to fly to France.I have a question for you guys though, my dr. here, primary, says he is very familiar with ports and would be happy to do any fill/unfills. What do you all think about that? Too risky? Too technical? Too much of a speciality? Just would save me an enormous amount of time and money. For the first 2 I would prefer to go back to the lovely Dr. Frering.

pills, the only one i take is a Vitamin and I split it. Any hair losers? Should i freak? Mom is bringing Nioxen and bioten. Can you reccomend anything else?

Sue

I have not had a fill yet, I am only 1 week in front of you. I eat salad no problem, I love salad. I would be cautious about allowing another dr. to do a fill other than the surgeons office or hmmmmmmmmmmm. I am not experienced enough with that.

I would go to the January board and ask them. I have heard of people doing their own fills, I would NEVER do that, it scares the heck out of me.

Hair loss? Did you call your dr. (how much hair?) Are you eating enough fat and Protein? One of my friends went on a liquid diet for 6+ months and she lost alot of her hair, it was only temporary, but I would ask your dr. what he thinks. Also there is a dr. who posts on this quite often, try and find him on the members search.

eggs? I am making deviled eggs for a BBQ this Sunday. :) Eggs are a great source of protein and fat.

OH I love south beach diet frozen lunches.

I have to share with you. I am slightly nauseated everyday mid afternoon for about 1- 1 1/2 hrs., I get through it but it would be very easy for me to throw up. YUK! wierd.

I'm coming down with a really bad cold tonight. Does anyone know what cold medications are okay? Nyquil? It always works for me. I'm on mushies now--only banded 10 days so I want to be really careful. Ideas? Thanks (cough, cough, sniffle, sniffle)...

Go look at a couple of pages back, somebody posted the ok and not ok meds.

BUT my daughter had sore throat and head cold, took Airborne for 3 days and I believe it made a huge difference on her speedy recovery. It is homeopathis; alot of Vitamins and herbs.

momlambert;

TRY and get rid of the cough QUICK! I think you should call your PA and see if she will give you something because you are only 10 days post op, maybe no big deal though. I would assume it uses similar muscles as throwing up,maybe I am wrong.

NSAIDS: Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (painkillers which includes ibuprofen. Banded people should try to avoid because they can add to ulcer risk).

DRUGS THAT CLAIM / CAN DAMAGE THE POUCH:

Advil

Aleve

Amigesic

Anacin

Anaprox

Ansald

Anthra-G

Arthropan

Ascriptin

Aspirin

Asproject

Azolid

Bextra

Bufferin

Butazolidin

Celebrex

Clinorial

Darvon compounds

Disalcid

Dolobid

Erythromycin

Equagesic

Feldene

Fiorinal

Ibuprofen

Indocin

Ketoprofen

Lodine

Meclomen

Midol

Motrin

Nalfon

Naprosyn

Nayer

Orudis

Oruval

Pamprin-IB

Percodan

Ponstel

Rexolate

Tandearil

Tetracycline

Tolecin

Uracel

Vioxx

Voltaren

DRUGS THAT ARE CONSIDERED SAFER FOR THE BAND:

Benadryl

Tylenol

Dimetapp

Robitussin

Safetussin

Sudafed

Triaminics (All)

Tylenol (cold products)

Tylenol Ex Strength

Gas-X

Phazyme

Imodium Ad

Colace

Dulcolax-Suppositories

Fleet Enema

Glycerin-Suppositories

Milk of Magnesia

Peri-Colace

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Go look at a couple of pages back, somebody posted the ok and not ok meds.

BUT my daughter had sore throat and head cold, took Airborne for 3 days and I believe it made a huge difference on her speedy recovery. It is homeopathis; alot of Vitamins and herbs.

Yeah, I looked but no Nyquil. Robitussin is listed as "safe" but I don't have any. My kids took my Airborne last time they were coming down with a cold. Also took the Emergence C (sp?) so, unless I go out in the snow, my choices are limited. Thanks for your help, though! K.

momlambert;

TRY and get rid of the cough QUICK! I think you should call your PA and see if she will give you something because you are only 10 days post op, maybe no big deal though. I would assume it uses similar muscles as throwing up,maybe I am wrong.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about--actually more about moving the port because of the abdominal muscles engaging when I cough. I often get viral-induced asthma when I get a cold so I'm hoping/praying it doesn't come to that. Yuck. Don't know how this happened--I must be run down from the surgery or something--I get sick so seldom that it's strange for me. I'll call first thing in the morning if I don't feel better. Thanks for your input. K.

Well right now I am wearning a size 20 pair of jeans. They are snug on me, but as loose as the 22s were getting, I decided it was better to go with snug for the moment. They aren't as tight as they were even a few days ago! I can sit in the comfortabley and so forth, so really not bad. Just snug. I think a few more pounds will help them get to that not snug spot. So I figure this is a good NSV! I can fit in smaller jeans!

Hello all,

Its finally happend. I am now banded. My DH and I went to Mexaclli

on March 21 and just got back March 29th. I have been feeling great since the second or third day. However my DH (which stands for everything) Had

some reactions with his Diabetes, and throwing up too much from anasthesia. So they had to go back in and Carve more fat from around his stomach pouch to loosen the band. SO.... needles too say 8 days later. I am finally home and wil be able to sleap in a bed instead of a Recliner. yippy. Dr Aceves and his staff were GREAT though. Really helped through the whole ordeal. they fed me every day even though I wasnt really checked in the hospital. (but really how much can broth, Jello, and apple juice be right). but it is the thought that counts. I would recomend Dr Aceves to any one wanting to go the Mexico route. Very good care, and very nice and caring man. SO here I am back at home and already trying to figure out how I can alter the broth to make it tast better.....Any suggestions on the liquid portion of the process?:)

Hello all,

Its finally happend. I am now banded. My DH and I went to Mexaclli

on March 21 and just got back March 29th. I have been feeling great since the second or third day. However my DH (which stands for everything) Had

some reactions with his Diabetes, and throwing up too much from anasthesia. So they had to go back in and Carve more fat from around his stomach pouch to loosen the band. SO.... needles too say 8 days later. I am finally home and wil be able to sleap in a bed instead of a Recliner. yippy. Dr Aceves and his staff were GREAT though. Really helped through the whole ordeal. they fed me every day even though I wasnt really checked in the hospital. (but really how much can broth, Jello, and apple juice be right). but it is the thought that counts. I would recomend Dr Aceves to any one wanting to go the Mexico route. Very good care, and very nice and caring man. SO here I am back at home and already trying to figure out how I can alter the broth to make it tast better.....Any suggestions on the liquid portion of the process?:)

Happy Band-day :clap2:

but I found a computer at the hotel where I am staying and I just wanted to say HAPPY BANDING DAY TO:

my5grlz - 03/29

alaverde - 03/29

Syrah - 03/29

SGDodge06 - 03/30

slikchik10 - 03/30

Medge - 03/30

late - 03/30

TallgirlTX - 03/30

Congratulations and Good Luck to All of You!

I'm sure we have some new March bandsters and I will update our list as soon as I can. Have a great weekend everyone!

I was hoping to feel a little more restricted since I got my first fill on 3/27 (1.2 cc), but I still feel the same.

We went to Black Eyed Pea one night for take out- I ate some that night, yesterday for lunch and I will finish it today for lunch. Thats a good thing, but I feel like after I get the "Full" Feeling it doesn't last. I'm trying not to snack, but since I'm back at work I can't go and just eat. I hope this gets better.

Good Luck to all.

Got up this morning to the most beautiful site, the scale read 199!!!!! I havn't been under 200 lbs for about 5 years.

Yesterday for supper I had the most amazing creamed pea Soup. It was just campbells Soup that I put in the bullet, but I have never tasted anything better.

Sugarbear-Thanks for the encouragement

Neveragain-Keep you Protein up and walk, walk, walk.

LoriPA-I know what you mean about the SF popsicles-Orange and Cherry rock!!!

Momlanbert-I got a cold the day after surgery. Sudafed PE quick dissolve strips really helped.

Kyethra-Way to go. I wear 20-22 and have a few pair of 16-18 somewhere that I am now glad I didn't get rid of. Hope the be in them soon.

I have been out of pocket for a few days and it will take me some time to catch up on everything.

But just wanted to let you know I had my first fill on March 26th and it went well. I am feeling more restricted but doing fine. I can't believe I am already to this point just 20 something days past surgery.

I am also hitting the exercise trail everyday now and still feeling good1

Will post more later after I get caught up!

Luck to everyone being banded today!!:)

Got up this morning to the most beautiful site, the scale read 199!!!!! I havn't been under 200 lbs for about 5 years.

Yesterday for supper I had the most amazing creamed pea Soup. It was just campbells soup that I put in the bullet, but I have never tasted anything better.

Sugarbear-Thanks for the encouragement

Neveragain-Keep you Protein up and walk, walk, walk.

LoriPA-I know what you mean about the SF popsicles-Orange and Cherry rock!!!

Momlanbert-I got a cold the day after surgery. Sudafed PE quick dissolve strips really helped.

Kyethra-Way to go. I wear 20-22 and have a few pair of 16-18 somewhere that I am now glad I didn't get rid of. Hope the be in them soon.

Barb,

I just had to jump in here and say :clap2: to you! It must be a great feeling! I am about 1 pound away from doing the same thing! So send good vibes my way! Good Job!

Gail

Gail,

Oh boy does it feel good!!! I can't get this stupid smile off my face. People who don't know about my surgery keep asking what I am so happy about and I just say that "Life".