Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2007 Bandsters

Hello march bandsters! I am scheduled for surgery on the 30th. Iam trying not to think about it being so close. Anyway is there anything you wish you would've done to be better prepared for your surgery, For example: things you did not buy, things you needed but did not have while in the hospital etc. I am a make a list person and i don't want to forget anything. Thanks for your help!

Congrats! I'm 6 days post op and doing fine--especially since I started mushies today. Mmmmm. I don't know if you found this thread on this site but it was really helpful for me: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/post-op-checklists-t14814.html

I basically used everything there and have been glad I had them on hand. I, also, would add the Magic Bullet--it did a great job on my mashed potatoes, yams, winter squash, and ham today. I also use it for my Protein Shakes. Good luck to you! We'll be anxious to hear how you are doing. People are different but just expect some discomfort (I still have gas--both intestinal and surgical--but every day is better. My biggest complaint is my port site. It still hurts when I bend, twist, sit too long, etc. I find myself often "protecting" my port and kind of splinting it when I move or cough. Not bad though!). Best wishes for your new life!

Hi Everyone,

I had my surgery on 3/14 at UCI Medical Center in Orange, CA. I have lost 20 lbs. and feel almost back to normal. Energy level is still low. Happy to have the surgery over and a new beginning! ;)

Good Luck!

Julie

Welcome jag65. You were only a week behind me. I was 3/7. What is your post-op diet like? Try to get in as much protien as you can. Do you take a one a day Vitamin? I do.....when I can remember. When are you scheduled to get a fill. My doctor doesn't put any in at surgery time. Take care and keep us posted.

Well my surgery was the first day of spring. I was supposed to come home Thursday but wasn't cleared to drink liquids until after noon. They finally brought me fluids around 1:30 which is when I found out I could only drink about 2-3 oz at a time, and then found out I couldn't leave until after I was able to keep down 32 oz of Water. I wasn't able to do that Thurs before 7PM so I stayed an extra night!

The pain has been a lot more intense than I originally expected. My port site was the most painful up until last night. As of last night the incisions all have toughened up and don't feel as tender, but I think I overdid it last night with taking a walk at Walmart :lol:

I'm having an intense pain on my right side about 3 inches from my belly button incision and about 5 inches down from my port site. I called the surgeon's office and spoke with the on-call doctor who believes it is perfectly normal to have the areas of pain change as I get more mobile and do more, so he wants me to go back to taking 2 percocet every 4-6 hours instead of 1 like I have been doing.

I'll see how that goes tonight.

I also have found that there is NO WAY I can sleep in my bed. After 2 days of it, and having to get up every 3-4 hrs to urinate, I need to stay in my chair with the recliner which I find easier to deal with.

I also ;) am unable to bend around to wipe myself without excruciating pain, so my wonderful husband is helping me out in that regard. Nothing shows true love like your husband being willing to wipe your butt for you :roflol:

Ok, I think I've had enough sitting up for now, so here is my story so far :)

I also ;) am unable to bend around to wipe myself without excruciating pain, so my wonderful husband is helping me out in that regard. Nothing shows true love like your husband being willing to wipe your butt for you :roflol:

Ok, I think I've had enough sitting up for now, so here is my story so far :lol:

That's what the toilet tongs are for (listed on the pre-op checklist). I use those with the Cottonelle adult wipes and can do it "all by myself!" You might want to give it a try. Those tongs will definitely be headed for the garbage when this is over--no doubt about it!

That's what the toilet tongs are for (listed on the pre-op checklist). I use those with the Cottonelle adult wipes and can do it "all by myself!" You might want to give it a try. Those tongs will definitely be headed for the garbage when this is over--no doubt about it!

My hubbie would wipe my tushie too ;)

My hubbie would wipe my tushie too ;)

Oh mine would, too. And offered several times. But even after 39 years of marriage, I just don't want to go there if I don't have to. I'm so old-fashioned (and old compared to others here!). Honestly, he didn't have a problem with it. It's totally me--I'd find any alternative I could and did. I think the worst is over for me now, though. Hope everyone recovers well!

March Bandster Babes!

This is the list that I will be keeping up to date for us.. PM me if you want to be added or just post a message on the end of this thread....

HERE WE GO........... Current as of 03/25

CarolynB - 03/01

dec0578 - 03/01

Pam~bander 2/22 - 03/01

bikergirl360 - 03/01

Tea Time - 03/02

hlayne - 03/02

Mommakitty3 - 03/02

wilma - 03/02

analee - 03/02

laralynn86 - 03/03

Sophie248 - 03/05

GloGirl - 03/05

Fur Ellie - 03/05

ThickChickTexas - 03/05

Band STAR - 03/05

Nikki - 03/05

Char - 03/06

anniegs- 03/06

Sugarbear - 03/07

gailannr - 03/07

Sue in Russia - 03/07

planoltxgirl - 03/08

HeatherPA - 03/08

Denise - 03/08

bronnie70 - 03/09

lokiluvr - 03/09

GC53 - 03/11

Mommy202 - 03/12

Sharon67 - 03/12

Hazelbunny - 03/12

nurseamy - 03/12

magnolia - 03/12

pianoplayer - 03/12

babylovestoys - 03/12

Hotpink Bubbles - 03/13

Tabithan - 03/13

Kyethra - 03/14

Charlif761 - 03/14

x-ray chic - 03/14

demsvmejm - 03/14

CuddleNymph - 03/14

gret1964 - 03/14

sharrism - 03/14

TammyJ - 03/15

Scarlett - 03/15

ohiobluegal - 03/15

Rosi - 03/15

sushiqwn's DH - 03/15

Machele - 03/16

RowdyReptile - 03/16

countrygirl1404 - 03/16

mnkbrly - 03/16

stacy16 - 03/16

tm1019 - 03/16

WendyJ - 03/19

vcarozzolo - 03/19

ebony868 - 03/19

SueA - 03/19

demmemoon - 03/19

momlambert - 03/19

ladybug390 - 03/19

Theresa Ann - 03/19

berry - 03/19

deshar - 03/19

purplemonkey - 03/19

lindsay - 03/19

charsweb - 03/19

kuebel j - 03/20

TRANAM1955 - 03/20

GOOD&READY - 03/20

amrdmr - 03/20

Reesh - 03/20

Janine - 03/20

Mrs Husker - 03/20

CrazyCran - 03/21

lilnena - 03/21

blondylocks - 03/21

Famos - 03/21

eclipse - 03/21

dawnie1856 - 03/21

anon - 03/21

chatgirl6 & DH - 03/22

Desiree1970 - 03/23

Maggief - 03/26

tiredofbeingfat - 03/26

snowangel - 03/26

sushiqwn - 03/27

Rockn4u - 03/27

lisa - 03/27

Deb - 03/28

kssunflower - 03/28

neveragain - 03/28

my5grlz - 03/29

Bubbles - 03/29

alaverde - 03/29

Syrah - 03/29

SGDodge06 - 03/30

slikchik10 - 03/30

Medge - 03/30

Fenton - pending

tootsiepop - pending

ClickerSister - pending

Sara Mos - Bumped to April 2nd

ginabobeana - pending

mdicurn - pending

Laurend - pending

SusaninKC - pending (tentative date 03/19)

TracyinKS - Bumped to April 26, 2007 (insurance approved 1/30!)<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Oh NOOOOOOOOOO! I've been rescheduled from March 29 to April 11, what a disappointment! I was so mentally ready (well as much as I could have been) for the March 29th surgery. I have really appreciated all of the comments from everyone. It has helped me so much to hear other people's stories, struggles and victories. I'm so glad that I found out about this site.

I was banded on March 22 and am doing great! No sore throat from the tube being put down there, and outside from a little soreness around the incision sites, no problems at all nearly four days post-op:clap2:

I'm still doing liquids, but should be going back for my first post-op appointment this week to head to the full liquid stage since I am tolerating the clear ones so well. My bandages just fell off tonight and the incisions look good outside the bruising around them.

Banded on Wed, 3/21! Things are going excellent! 4 days out of surgery and I'm feeling about 85%. MD found a hernia while in there and fixed that too so I don't know what pain is from what.

The "i forgot" when i got home:

1. Protein Powder (duh)

2. A shaker to mix shakes - blending in the blender added too much air and the gas in general was already driving me crazy.

3. Book: Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery. Partner bought it for me as soon as we got home. Looks really cool with lots of recipes that show what you can eat 'x' weeks out and how much. Can't wait to use it starting next week.

Alright - getting late...gotta run.

Ciao - Jason

The anticipation is killing me!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!:faint:

Awwww, I know how you feel, but it will be here soon enough and you'll be amazed that you can eat like a normal person.

How long does it take for the bloating to go down in your stomache.?

Late, I could not handle the tylenol with codeine from my doctor, I became very nausueous. I was not getting enough relief from the kids chewables

so my advice is to have some regular tylenol crushed and ready to go.

Maggief - 03/26

tiredofbeingfat - 03/26

snowangel - 03/26

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:welcomeB: jag65, late, LoriPA, and jaysd74!!!!!! Good Luck to all of you!!!

Congratulations to those newly banded! I hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great week!!!

<TABLE class=tborder id=post425114 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>Sugarbear user_offline.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_425114", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Nov 2005

im_aim.gif im_yahoo.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_425114><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- message -->I had surgery 3/7. Dr. Keilin Precision Surgery, Texarkana, TX.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DO YOU LIVE IN TEXARKANA? OR NEARBY? I LIVED THERE FOR 11 YEARS!! JUST MOVED BACK TO MISSOURI 3 YEARS AGO.. SMALL WORLD... WHERE IS YOUR SURGEON AT? WADLEY OR ST MICHAELS? INTERESTING NEVER KNEW THERE WAS ONE THERE.. BUT NEVER KNEW ABOUT LAPBAND THEN EITHER!!