Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck & babies

I am 4months out of my surgery (VSG) and I feel good! Way more confidence! But I was looking into getting a TT done but. .. I'm 24 yrs old single no children, I'm not sayin i'm gonna go get preggers right now but being that I've been big all my life I feel like my "dating life" is just going to start and I want to look my best so I want a TT done by like next year or so, my question is would I be able to have kids after that? Any advice is welcome. I like realistic answers but idk..... please help! !

You would definitely be able to have kids, but it would basically undo your TT and you would need to do it again. I definitely recommend waiting until you're done with kids to have any plastics that involves your belly or boobs. Arm/leg stuff shouldn't matter.

Actually, having a baby won't undo your Tummy Tuck. I think it would help if you did some research and found out for yourself? Youtube "baby after tummy tuck". In almost all of the cases, people who had tummy tucks before they had their children didn't get as big while they were pregnant, and most of their stomachs went right back to how it was before the pregnancy. Most of the women say that their tummy tuck wasn't affect AT ALL. And they show you pics/videos to prove it.

I am also in your situation. I had my sleeve last year at 22 years old. I lost over 150 lbs and am pretty much at goal/will be at goal in the next month or so. I am 23 years old now and I will be getting a tummy tuck and breast lift by the end of this year. I have been going through this question for some time now, whether to wait until I have kids (like everyone says) or to just do it now. I honestly feel like you should have your tummy tuck as soon as you are finished losing weight, if its what you want, regardless if you have had kids yet. The fact of the matter is that, most, if not all, of the people who are advising us to "wait until we have children" are much older than us, so quite frankly they would not understand. Being in your early twenties is quite different from being in your 30's, 40's, or even late 20's. We are still very young and our time is now! Theres no reason to wait to have children... who's to say you'll even have kids in the next 5 years, 10 years? And all that time you could have been enjoying your youth in a youthful body. This is what I tell myself anyway. And if worse comes to worst, just get another tummy tuck when that time comes. But honestly from the research I've been doing, women who have babies after tummy tucks come back better than women who had babies without tummy tucks. But research for yourself and good luck!

I don't know how it works for everyone - but a good friend of mine had a baby after her Tummy Tuck. She had had twins when she was quite young, got a little heavier in her 30s & had a tummy tuck & Lipo. Then in her 40s she had another baby, became morbidly obese & then got her sleeve a couple years later. About 5 years ago, she's had struggles with her digestion but has kept most of the weight off. She dropped a hundred pounds but her belly was flat afterwards. Some bat wings & her thighs are a little droopy but nothing terrible. With as much weight as she lost I wonder if the tummy tuck is what kept her from having a huge amount of loose tummy skin afterwards.