Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seroquel and/or sleep meds and night time eating?

So I was on 200 mg of seroquel for over a year as a mood stabilizer and sleep aid and I put on over 60 lbs and was not able to take it off. I've been off it for over a year now, and take trazdone 150 mg to fall asleep at night.

I ran out of my meds so the last 2 nights I've taken my husbands 50 mg of seroquel to help me fall asleep. 2 nights ago I thought I dreamed I ate 2 Oreo Cookies, but in the morning there was nothing out so I thought I was just dreaming. Then last night, I made a glass of chochlate milk and ate two of the small reeses Peanut Butter cups. When I woke up this morning, there was the cup and the wrappers by my bedside. I swear I don't really remember doing it, but OBVIOUSLY I did... Anyone else have this problem?

I won't be taking the seroquel again, and I did have problems sleep walking when I was taking it previously.... So weird!!!

Yes, seroquel 800 mg put on 100 lbs, and these incidences happen. That's why I had to get this surgery due to seroquel

I took it years ago. I didn't know I sleep eating till my sister got hurt in a wreck and had to sleep in a recliner. I stayed with her awhile she said I would get up make me something to eat then clean kitchen and go back to bed never turning on the lights. There was a night light in her kitchen. She just started telling me to put the food back and go to bed and I would. I never knew. Till later she told me why I couldn't loose wt.

So I was on 200 mg of seroquel for over a year as a mood stabilizer and sleep aid and I put on over 60 lbs and was not able to take it off. I've been off it for over a year now' date=' and take trazdone 150 mg to fall asleep at night. I ran out of my meds so the last 2 nights I've taken my husbands 50 mg of seroquel to help me fall asleep. 2 nights ago I thought I dreamed I ate 2 Oreo Cookies, but in the morning there was nothing out so I thought I was just dreaming. Then last night, I made a glass of chochlate milk and ate two of the small reeses Peanut Butter cups. When I woke up this morning, there was the cup and the wrappers by my bedside. I swear I don't really remember doing it, but OBVIOUSLY I did... Anyone else have this problem? I won't be taking the seroquel again, and I did have problems sleep walking when I was taking it previously.... So weird!!! [/quote']

I'm a psychiatrist; this is a common problem with Seroquel. I would stick to the Trazodone if that works for you!

I take Ambien when needed, but sometimes I'll take an Ativan (or 2) instead. I'm on 200mg of Lamictal and I haven't gained a pound from it.

Note to self: stay away from Seroquel.

I was a huge night time eater with both seroquel and ambien. And it was like they invoke amnesia. I'd wake up and complain about dishes being in the sink and the kids would swear they were mine from in the middle of the night. My daughter said I even knocked on her door in the middle of the night and asked her if she wanted to share a pizza with me!! No memory of that at all.

My husband takes a lot of meds for depression. He sleep eats all the time and I think it's from the Remeron - it has a sleep aid component like Trazodone. He doesn't remember it usually. He also talks in his sleep and sleep walks. He's gained so much weight over the last few years, but no other meds work for him. He has severe depression so once we found the medicine combo that kept him out of the hospital, it's kind of scary to try to change meds. They tried reducing the Remeron a year ago and he didn't do well. I wish he would get the sleeve - he's 5'6" and almost 300 pounds with really bad diabetes.

I was on serequel and gained a ton of weight. Now switched to geodon. Love the Geodon but still gained weight. But now after surg on half as much as I was. Plus with geodon u can lose weight on it.

Thanks for all the helpful replies, I feel much better now! Refilled the trazadone and have not had any further issues with night time eating. It's scary when you think of how meds can really alter your perception/reality without you being aware!

I was on Abilify and seroquel. I used to get up in the middle of night at least 2-3 times and ate. I had vague memory of it in the morning though. After my sleeve, my surgeon told me to stop both of those meds. I was able to switch Abilify and take new drug called latuda. And I love latuda!!!! I'm not able to get off of the seroquel though as I have severe insomnia and nothing but seroquel helps. I don't wake up as much and eat on seroquel as i did with Abilify.