Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something interesting about all the profile pics

So I don't think there's anything wrong with this, but I can't help but notice that the profile pics for almost everyone (especially the ladies on here) make everyone look like they are about 21 years old and not a single pound overweight.

Even people that haven't had any surgery or lost any weight, the pic of their smiling face appears to be that of a 21 year old who is not overweight in the slightest. Do people just post pics that are from before they gained weight? Pics from when they were 21? Or are some people finding the "perfect angle" that makes you look really thin? How does one do this?

Maybe I want to make a "glamor shot" picture so I can also be a sexy 21 year old woman. How can I accomplish this?

Um, all fat girls have pretty faces. ;)

I don't disagree with this. Almost every girl I've ever dated was at least as large as, if not larger than me.

Every fat girl knows the right angle to hold the camera for a good selfy. :D

I guess they don't teach this at "fat guy" school. I missed out :(

My dog Kaity is much cuter then I am, and she's only 3 (of course that's 21 in dog years), and no, she's not fat, just fluffy.

I guess they don't teach this at "fat guy" school. I missed out :(

Well ok Justin... Let me try and help you out...

Your profile pic right now looks a little round and....Well... Featureless.

I suggest that you turn into the light at a slight angle and tilt your chin down just a touch.

And voila!! :P

Well ok Justin... Let me try and help you out...

Your profile pic right now looks a little round and....Well... Featureless.

I suggest that you turn into the light at a slight angle and tilt your chin down just a touch.

And voila!! :P

You're so friggin' awesome.

This is the trick I use. Hold the camera at arms length in front of you and higher then your head. Point the camera down at yourself but don't hold your face up too high. Just use your eyes to look up. It will make you look slim, no double chin and years younger!

My picture is from 2 years ago, and I was probably 20 lbs lighter - on the upswing after a 80 lb loss 1 1/2 before. I have avoided the camera since. My husband and I took a plane ride a couple of months back on vacation and the pilot took a picture of us in front of the plane... full body and it is HORRIBLE and hard to get a facial shot from. It is probably my before picture although I would like another one taken right before surgery, however I have lost 15 lbs, and hope to lose more before surgery... The worse thing about the picture that will most probably be my before picture is I am standing beside my very skinny (VERY) husband. I am wearing ORANGE! It make me physically sick to look at that picture. Hopefully when I'm thinner it will be inspiring, but I'm not sure... it really makes me nauseaus!

I haven't learned the angles either. Mine is my usual fat face taken a week into the liquid pre-op I think. And I ain't 21 :) I have to learn the tricks too!

Michellomo..... you gave away my secret LOL

But that is exactly how it is done.

My picture is from one month post op (I'm now 2 months) and I'm knocking on 44's door in a few weeks, BUT most new people that I meet think I'm at least 10 years younger and now that I'm slimming down, I feel 10 years younger!!

Mine is with my 2 girls. And I haven't been 21 in 24 years, no where near sknny since well forever