Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

slowly inching to a commitment to surgery....

Every time I read a positive result or see result pictures I complete one more step! Beginning of last week I requested the time off of work. Then Friday I requested my date to be held. Then tonight I put the request for my 401k loan. Ok, so next goal is to send my form and deposit in. Then buy my plane ticket. Then start buying necessities for the trip. Im getting there, just slow! One negative story makes me nervous and stops me for a day or two. Then I just get remotivated thinking of how my life COULD change for the better!

It could, I'm 8 days post op and for a minute I really regretted it. Just think carefully about this. There is no turning back.

I needed more than just pictures too, so I asked people about their health improvements. This is what I got! http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/93995-health-improvements

Girl when I made the leap to have the surgery vs the lapband I had a calm feeling come over me and then a panic attack! You need to move at a rate that is good for you. I was just ready to get a date and my PCP changed groups and it set me back 6 moths because they had a new weight in procedure from the other group. I bite the bullet and did the extract 6 months. I got the date May 1st, but I was questioning myself up until they put the mask on me to knock me out. I am so happy that I did it. So keep going slow if it gives you the power to keep going. The finish line is the new life you will get and the better health that come along with it. Remember it is a tool that you have control over to change your life. Bust down the fat wall and come out and join the world you will be glad that you did.

This procedure isn't for everybody and it is just a tool to assist us on our weight loss journey. By no means is this the easy way of going about this. Diet and exercise will still plat a critical role on the outcome of our journeys.

But for me the sleeve has been an awesome motivator. Once I decided on weight loss surgery and then specifically the sleeve, I started being more alert as to what I was putting in my mouth. I also bought a pedometer and tried my darnedest to get between 7000 and 10000 steps per day.

My heaviest weight (Nov 2012) at the start of my journey was 289 lbs

Before starting the 2 week pre-op diet (Aug 12th) = 266lbs

Day of surgery (Aug 26th) = 251

2 days after surgery (Aug 28th) = 259

23 days post op (Sept 18th) = 238lbs

I am down 51lbs since I started this journey. I took it upon myself to get a head start. I followed the instructions given to me by my bariatrics team. I did lots and lots of research. Joined this forum and one other. I am off to a great start. I know this journey will never end and I am looking forward to my sleeve assisting me in maintaining my goal weight which I hope to achieve by this time next year.

I have no regrets.

Best of luck to you and I hope you obtain the state of "healthy" that you are looking for regardless of which path you decide on. But for me I plan on "Rocking this sleeve"

I have NEVER regretted my sleeve or going to Mexico to Dr. Illan. Take the leap of faith to improving your health :) Mentally prepare for you lifestyle change :) Best wishes on your journey!!! {{hugs}} Sherry

What you say TOTALLY makes sense. You sound so much like me. I inched toward a decision too by reading posts and before and afters etc and gradually each day I started to feel more and more comfortable with the idea.

What you say TOTALLY makes sense. You sound so much like me. I inched toward a decision too by reading posts and before and afters etc and gradually each day I started to feel more and more comfortable with the idea.

I researched going to Mexico and I researched local surgeons accepting self pay patients for many years before I start decided that the time had come to make it happen. I decided to go to Mexico in the end purely based on the finances. I do not regret it at all. I have now lost 60 pounds that I hope to never see again. I already feel better and I am so much happier than I thought thought I would have thought. I love my sleeve already so much. It is the best gift I have ever given myself.

This procedure isn't for everybody and it is just a tool to assist us on our weight loss journey. By no means is this the easy way of going about this. Diet and exercise will still plat a critical role on the outcome of our journeys.

But for me the sleeve has been an awesome motivator. Once I decided on weight loss surgery and then specifically the sleeve, I started being more alert as to what I was putting in my mouth. I also bought a pedometer and tried my darnedest to get between 7000 and 10000 steps per day.

My heaviest weight (Nov 2012) at the start of my journey was 289 lbs

Before starting the 2 week pre-op diet (Aug 12th) = 266lbs

Day of surgery (Aug 26th) = 251

2 days after surgery (Aug 28th) = 259

23 days post op (Sept 18th) = 238lbs

I am down 51lbs since I started this journey. I took it upon myself to get a head start. I followed the instructions given to me by my bariatrics team. I did lots and lots of research. Joined this forum and one other. I am off to a great start. I know this journey will never end and I am looking forward to my sleeve assisting me in maintaining my goal weight which I hope to achieve by this time next year.

I have no regrets.

Best of luck to you and I hope you obtain the state of "healthy" that you are looking for regardless of which path you decide on. But for me I plan on "Rocking this sleeve"

Its funny that you say this. I actually have already started eating low carb and for some reason I am not as paranoid about food yet I am able to make better choices right now. Some of that is because less starch but I had this feeling before when I went on Nutrisystem like I didn't have to worry about my weight all the time. I am already trying to be more consciencious of what I am eating.

For years I said I would never have WLS. The a fried told me about a simanar

My sister had Bypass and she has kept it off for almost 3 yrs. This is one of the reasons I want the sleeve. I am tired of my weight going up and down and up and down!. I don't mind putting in the work but I want to know that I have a great tool on my side to keep it off in the long run.

For years I said I would never have WLS. The a fried told me about a simanar
sorry didn't mean to hit send.

Anyway she told me about meeting. I went with her and now I'm having surgery and she's not.

I inched too. Researched like crazy. Every inch forward made it more tangible. Paying my deposit was a huge step. Started buying little things I would need etc. I am still 43 days pre op but my bags are packed and I'm soooo looking forward to starting the new chapter of my life. Ready for change. Ready to be sleeved and all that it entails. It's all worth it to me! Wish it was tomorrow, so ready !!! Good luck with your journey!

Yeah, the deposit is going to firm it for sure. I just emailed her my consent form and I am waiting to hear how to send her my info to pay the deposit. My 401k loan just hit my bank account! Getting close now :)