Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November buddies where are you?

Don't panic until you find out what your doctor's pre-op diet is. I read all these posts about liquids diets' date=' then when I got my instructions, I only had to do low carb. Heck, that's Atkins! And how many times have I done that before? I was so releaved. I am day 5 of the pre-op, with surgery Monday the 11th![/quote']

I actually didn't have much of a pre-op diet. Liquids on Sunday, surgery is on Monday.

"You people" with no liquid diets are making me want to slit my wrists haha *coughs up Protein Shake and drowns in it*

Congratulations!

Anyone wishing to join the Facebook Nov sleevers group if you haven't already, let me know your email..... If you are being sleeved on the 25th, WOW do we have a lot of buddies for you...lol

Preadmission done today. Ready for surgery monday morning

Mouseonthemile I asked my dr specifically why the liver needed to be shrunk. He said that it was mostly a "technical" issue. The liver sits on top of the stomach and it makes it easier for the doc to sleeve the stomach when the liver is not in the way. Otherwise it gets in the way and they have to prop it up .... Blablablabla. I would like solid food thank you, just prop it up!

APPROVED BY INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First submission, and it was approved a week later. I called every day! Now just waiting for the hospital scheduler to call and set up my surgery date, and get my pre-op labs taken care of! SO EXCITED TO BE SLEEVED IN 2013!

I'm still hoping to get sleeved in November, but it may be December... We shall see...

Mouseonthemile I asked my dr specifically why the liver needed to be shrunk. He said that it was mostly a "technical" issue. The liver sits on top of the stomach and it makes it easier for the doc to sleeve the stomach when the liver is not in the way. Otherwise it gets in the way and they have to prop it up .... Blablablabla. I would like solid food thank you' date=' just prop it up![/quote']

Amen!!

Mouseonthemile I asked my dr specifically why the liver needed to be shrunk. He said that it was mostly a "technical" issue. The liver sits on top of the stomach and it makes it easier for the doc to sleeve the stomach when the liver is not in the way. Otherwise it gets in the way and they have to prop it up .... Blablablabla. I would like solid food thank you' date=' just prop it up![/quote']

... I hate my life today. I'm so irritable and cranky. I just wanna rob a fast food joint, eat myself into a fat coma and die happy :P

My friend was told that when the liver is too big if the method is laparoscopic, it causes more activity to be done in those small incisions. Which would lead to additional pain during recovery.

Looking for november buddies. I got my approval today. Im so excited!!! Nov 4th here I come!!!! Heres a FB private page others have posted about If any of you are interested. There is a private Facebook page: NOVEMBER SLEEVERS SUPPORT GROUP I think you'll need to private message: Phillygal64 Send her your e-mail address and she will send you an invite.
Hello all. I am getting sleeved on Nov 11 in Mexico.

My friend was told that when the liver is too big if the method is laparoscopic' date=' it causes more activity to be done in those small incisions. Which would lead to additional pain during recovery.[/quote']

And the potential for necessary open surgery vs. laparoscopic. Nobody wants that if they can help it.

Sent from my iPad using VST