Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have Kaiser and my NUT says no Peanut Butter ever. Have you guys heard the same or are you allowed? Whats so harmful about PB?

No idea. I'm allowed Peanut Butter. No crunchy at this point (smooth only) but by 6 months crunchy is OK. PB2, a powdered peanut butter with much lower fat, is also a tasty treat. You might want to ask them their reasoning. My dr office is a Center of Excellence (not sure about Kaiser), so that might be something you could get clarification on.

I just googled it and some people with the bypass have problems with Peanut Butter. Perhaps your nut is unaware of the more subtle differences between VSG and bypass nutrition.

Yikes. I think I'd rethink that particular NUT. I eat PB a few times a week. Yesterday and today I had an apple with a tablespoon of Smucker's Natural (just peanuts and a trace of salt) for a snack. I guess I am careful to measure and to buy the least processed PB, but a life with no PB ever sounds like hell.

Sometimes I just eat a tablespoon of almond butter( because I like it better) just to get those last few grams of Protein in...

Or I'll put it in a yogurt smoothie. ( Greek yogurt plain- 1/2 small banana, 2 tbls of almond butter, ice and almond milk. To sweeten I use stevia.)

You can add unflavored Protein powder to it and make it a Protein shake. But the 18 grams on its own works well as a shake for me..

My surgeon and nut says that when someone comes in and has gained weight, a lot of times they find out they are eating Peanut Butter. Its because of all the fat and calories. They allow us to eat the PB2 powder but not peanut butter. They would rather us just eat a few peanuts. Every nut and surgeon are different though so this is not the standard with all. I stick with what mine says since they are the ones I'm paying to be the experts and following their plan has worked for me so far! LOL! :D

Slider food, fat and calories and goes down easy.

Life without Peanut Butter? I agree it all depends on your NUT and surgeon. I am allowed once I am sleeved. But it is with common sense. It is very high in fat and calories, although it does have some health benefits. That PB2 powder sounds worth a try. But as with everything else, moderation. We don't go through all of this just to ruin our hard work.

It's not a daily food! Lol my NUT has us watch total fat grams

Sugar grams

And Protein grams

I log everything to keep an eye on fats sugars and Protein if I do that calories and everything else fall into line

Avocado has high fat too and like nuts it's a better fat than animal fat so they'd rather us have those than animal fats... But we just have to watch our total fats...

Each place is different. And you should follow things you are comfortable with or like another poster said follow who you paid to know what's right for you!

Has anyone tried adding PB2 to a vanilla Protein Shake? Bet it's good!

PB was actually on my soft foods list. As long as u get the no sugar pb, its very healthy. Lotso calories tho so don't eat the whole jar. Same goes with almonds. Had to wait for 8 wks for almonds cuz of the Fiber. I would rethink that NUT also. Pb is very high in Protein, good fats, and filling. Plus it makes u feel like ur eating junk!

LBD, yes I have added PB2 to vanilla Protein Shakes and love it.

Another favorite of mine is the chocolate Peanut Butter banana Protein shake: 1/2 scoop Unjury chocolate splendor, 2 T. PB2 with chocolate, 1/2 packet Chike banana magic.

Made with Hood calorie countdown nonfat milk and split into two servings, you get 18 g protein, 7 carbs, 2 g fiber, and 36% of your RDA of Calcium for 100 calories.

Back to peanut butter, my surgeon's office actually recommends it in small quantities, as long as you can make it fit into your daily macros (60 g carbs, 30 g fat). I usually have one tablespoon of Naturally More peanut butter every other day with my Breakfast, stirred into Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. I really like the Naturally More brand - it has slightly higher protein (they add in soy protein) and lower calories than regular peanut butter, plus they add in flax seed for fiber.