Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Horizon NJ Health, 12 month wait?

How were they with setting you up for the consult. I'm trying to go through Goldstein and its like pulling teeth trying to reach them. Then once i do reach them I can't seem him until at least 2 months later. Plus they make you go to a seminar and stuff. Plus his offices are far out. I'm right here in Burlington so Lumberton & Mt. holly would be great

How were they with setting you up for the consult. I'm trying to go through Goldstein and its like pulling teeth trying to reach them. Then once i do reach them I can't seem him until at least 2 months later. Plus they make you go to a seminar and stuff. Plus his offices are far out. I'm right here in Burlington so Lumberton & Mt. holly would be great

It was just a matter of calling and making an appt. I was seen within 2 week's. My first appt was with Dr.Boynton to decide on what surgery. Directly afterwards, I met with Chris. Based off a medical questionnaire, they let you know what clearances.

They are very fast, and give you tons of great info and samples. I adore them. You do have to attend a support group but its right down the street at the hospital.

You totally need the seminar and stuff. It is a life changing decision and you really need to be educated on how you will manage your new life. Not an easy instant solution at all.

I understand. Thanks for sharing the info.

well guys...I finally saw Dr. Goldstein and I have my checklist. I already have 50% of my appointments set for the next week. I would really like to have my checklist complete by the first week of Feb. At the rate I'm going this may be possible. I am however having an issue finding a place for this psych clearance. Looks like Horizon doesn't cover it. And places are charging $300-$399. Any help with this?

I have horizon NJ as well. I saw Diane Palmer through kennedy in Stratford. I had no out of pocket expense. It was covered 100%

Diane T. Palmer, MSN, Apn

856-566-6459

Just call and tell them you need a psych clearance. Shes very nice. Yiu may have to call a few times to get answer. Hope that helps ;-)

Thank you so much for her information. Someone else said they saw her and I have been trying to find that # and couldn't.

If your doctor will accept it, i did mine through www.bariatricpsychconsult.com. They didn't take my insurance but at 100 dollars it was the cheapest i could find.

Wish I had this info last summer! Mine was $130.00 which wasn't awful..free is better.

If your doctor will accept it, i did mine through www.bariatricpsychconsult.com. They didn't take my insurance but at 100 dollars it was the cheapest i could find.

the website is actually www.bariatricspschevaluations.com when I googled it it came right up! Thanks for the info

Well guys. I got my checklist Tuesday. I'm already 80% done! It's been quite the task calling all of these doctors scheduling appointments to fit my schedule & make sure they have referrals etc. But I know it will be worth it. Thanks to everyone in this thread for the info & support. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the correction. Didn't have it in front of me. All my info submitted to insurance company yesterday. Now the waiting begins!

Alright alright!!! Sending all positive vibes. Yaayy!

oh my goodness! Diane's next appointment isn't until Feb. 24th! I'm trying to have my surgery date waaayy before then. So...looks like I'll be dishing out this $100 for the website eval. I have my appointment with them today at 5pm.

I have horizon NJ as well. I saw Diane Palmer through kennedy in Stratford. I had no out of pocket expense. It was covered 100%

Diane T. Palmer, MSN, Apn
856-566-6459

Just call and tell them you need a psych clearance. Shes very nice. Yiu may have to call a few times to get answer. Hope that helps ;-)

My packet was submitted dec1 2014. My approval letter was mailed Dec 2....HNJH.