Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm scared! Am I making the right decision?!?!

Hi Leah

I think all your questions are relevant and your fears completely normal. If you did not have these feelings then I would be worried. This decision you are about to make cannot be reversed, you can't get a refund, you need to identify that you have done everything you possibly could by diet and exercise first.

Your health obviously is the priority what comorbidities do you have or could possibly develop. I'm 3 weeks post op have had personal trainers / gym etc had a baby and still struggle with the weight loss. The week before my op I nearly killed myself in a car accident because of all the stress, was I making the right decision......

Post op; every day gets better no regrets the first four weeks are the hardest I reckon it's a total head fu** I lost 20lbs in the first week there was no way I could of lost that normally. I'm eating the same as my 2 yr old.

Support systems are paramount this journey will be an emotional roller coaster when they remove your sleeve it plays with your hormones.

Some people will support you others won't, you will find out who your true friends are.

Knowing that I can drop 80lbs, can prevent diabetes and heart disease etc and run around with my 2yr old, get my self esteem back, feels like I have been given a 2nd chance. I'm less scared now feel more in control, remember the sleeve is only a tool not a magic wand.

I wish you every success and happiness.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the support...this forum is great!!! I know that deep down this is the right thing for me and its only normal to stress. You hear of all of these horror stories with leaks and ending up in hospital for 3 months and it makes you wonder omg will that happen to me!?!?! I know the risks are small but still very real, but I'm excited for my new, healthier life.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the support...this forum is great!!! I know that deep down this is the right thing for me and its only normal to stress. You hear of all of these horror stories with leaks and ending up in hospital for 3 months and it makes you wonder omg will that happen to me!?!?! I know the risks are small but still very real, but I'm excited for my new, healthier life.

Whenever I thought of those horror stories I would just look in the mirror. Yeah, complications can happen but the problems a person is going to have being obese are guaranteed.

Another thing to do - to keep your mind off your fears - is to look at Before and After photos of other posters. Very enlightening. :)

For me and the quality of life of my family this was the right choice for me. We all have expressed fears about the decision to have surgery to lose weight. I lost and regained large amounts of weight several times during my life and did not want that to be the case for me any longer.

I cheated my wife and family out of times at the beach, pool parties with friends and other social settings because of my weight. My wife loves to dance but I would not because off m weight. I was sleeved on February 19, 2013 and this has been one of the best decisions of my life ( with the exception of proposing to my wife). I am 93lbs lighter and my wife and I are doing things socially now which would have made us uncomfortable in the past. Good luck to you no matter what you decide.

I'm on the lower bmi too . I'm 5"2 and 190 but getting nervous! Mine is oct 11

Good luck sasechick :)

Thanks leahjade! You look so pretty in your profile ! I'm hoping to get to where I was when we got married 125! I'm like 191 right now ????

For anyone that reads this thread.... I can now say that after being terrified about all of the things that could happened I went through with the surgery and it was by far the best thing I have EVER done!! You'll go through 1000 different emotions during this journey but it was all worth getting to where I am today : - )

For anyone that reads this thread.... I can now say that after being terrified about all of the things that could happened I went through with the surgery and it was by far the best thing I have EVER done!! You'll go through 1000 different emotions during this journey but it was all worth getting to where I am today : - )

Fantastic!!!!!

So happy for you!