Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

please please get your fluids in!

I just had the most painful (I have never given birth naturally) experience with Constipation ever! I had to call my mom to come over, shes a nurse too. This was like an hour long ordeal of pain, panic, anxiety, more pain. Drink people drink!!! Sorry for the tmi!

Yes, it is extremely important. I know what you're going through. I had several horrible Constipation moments while newly post op. Once you can incorporate more foods and Fiber, you will have a better time. I know I haven't had a problem with constipation for a long time now. Good luck :)

This is starting to worry me. I had surgery on Wens. the 11th. and have not had a bowel movement since the morning of surgery. I am getting all my liquids and Proteins in and walking as much as I can but nothing seems to be moving. Is this normal or am I in for the same pain that kmed21 had?

CajunLady, it took me a few days for my body to get rolling. I wouldn't worry yet. Get some milk of magnesia or colace. Or, I used prune juice which worked like a charm!

This is starting to worry me. I had surgery on Wens. the 11th. and have not had a bowel movement since the morning of surgery. I am getting all my liquids and Proteins in and walking as much as I can but nothing seems to be moving. Is this normal or am I in for the same pain that kmed21 had?

Don't worry yet. Keep in mind your were & are on liquids. So you don't have much in your system at this point. You'll be ok. Just get your liquids in. Sip sip sip all day. I had a bout with Constipation for a 2 weeks once I started on solids. But got relief after taking a stool softener. All in all, it only lasted 2 weeks. I haven't had a problem since & I'm 10 mons post op.

Good luck!

I had my sleeve done on Monday, and I went number 2 on Thursday, and I've been going ever since, I was wondering if it was normal or not, but I guess I should consider it a blessing??

I love prune juice but is that considered Clear Liquids? I would certainly try a little of that. I'll try not to worry and if nothing by Monday, I'll give the doc a call.

Thanks ya'll!

I take stool softener and it helps I am post op 4 days today I went this morning

I was sleeved on the 11th and after reading all of these posts it's good to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel...can't wait till I get there cause I feel like crap...for real!!! :wacko::blink:

I didn't think I would have that problem either right after surgery. Then about a month later it will hit you! All of a sudden one day you realize how much trouble you are really in. I was drinking my Water, getting in my Protein and eating some pureed squash (for fiber) as often as I could. I was still in a world of pain and embarrassment. Of course I didn't tell anyone at work why I had to call in sick, but still... So my expert "sleever" advice would be to buy a bottle of MOM or some kind of laxative to power blast that out of your system. I was taking stool softeners twice a day since surgery and they had ZERO effect on me. I wish, wish, wish, somebody had told me about that before it happened to me. I never heard one word about it until after the fact. Good luck everyone!

I was sleeved in Feb. but clearly remembered the anxiety. The doctor recommended I take a daily spoonful of milk of magnesia. I had a smooth bowel movement on the 5th day and never had issues since. I actually had to cut back on it. Good luck to all!