Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 months out and falling off wagon

I guess I don't understand "falling off the wagon"... your sleeve is designed to restrict what you eat' date=' meaning that whatever you eat you will eat less of. Just eat till your sleeve tells you that you're full and you're going to lose weight. I've seen plenty of people who just listen to their sleeves and eat what they want and lose plenty of weight. Obviously this is going to be an unpopular answer but everyone is different.[/quote']

-yeah I eat junk sometimes too and really just eat what I want I can never really overeat. I do understand the fear of falling back into the bad habits though, it's one thing our mind tells us. I go through times of eating potato chips because I can eat more of them than anything else and those calories will add up. I have loss about 25 lbs below my goal and trying to gain back a little and even with the junk I can't seem to gain any weight.

Ok people. I've just read this entire thread, and came to the following conclusion: spending pages attacking someone's comments you deem to be judgmental is JUST as judgmental as you think those comments may be. If people would just give their own advice, and not comment on someone else's, no matter how you feel about it, it wouldn't turn into a flame war. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry, this is rude and against forum rules.

Thanks.. Yes I've been told this numerous times

Edited by *susan*
Against rules

Against rules

Laura-ven has never been brought up in the chat room while I been on till last night. She was also in the chat room. She also answered a question from someone in the chat room.

Along the lines of people talking about other in the chat room is pretty much un true. Do we talk about some posts on the forum? Yes we do. my opinion and others opinions will not always see eye to eye.

Like Joe said above if you don't like my opinion or opinions of others skip them and move on. The people that want to argue about the opinion of someone else are the ones causing the issue. I posted my opinion and that was it. I didn't come back and post till I started feeling attacked because of my opinion. When I respond to the people attacking my opinion I did not attack the person but tried to explain my reasoning of my opinion.

We are all adults with our own opinions and outlook on different things. Just because you don't agree with what people say doesn't mean they are attacking you. I am blunt and very honest and open person. I don't tiptoe around peoples feelings. If they post a question I will answer it how I see it. Some people might find my answer rude or take it as I am attacking someone but I am not. That is your opinion about my post. Thats like me saying you are attacking me because you bought a red car and I hate red cars.

Yes do agree that a few posts were worse than others but thats my opinion. You don't see me going crazy about it.

Again my opinion. you don't need to agree with it and thats fine. But that isn't going to stop people for voicing their opinion.

Edited by *susan*
Against rules

Laura-ven has never been brought up in the chat room while I been on till last night. She was also in the chat room. She also answered a question from someone in the chat room.

Along the lines of people talking about other in the chat room is pretty much un true. Do we talk about some posts on the forum? Yes we do. my opinion and others opinions will not always see eye to eye.

Like Joe said above if you don't like my opinion or opinions of others skip them and move on. The people that want to argue about the opinion of someone else are the ones causing the issue. I posted my opinion and that was it. I didn't come back and post till I started feeling attacked because of my opinion. When I respond to the people attacking my opinion I did not attack the person but tried to explain my reasoning of my opinion.

We are all adults with our own opinions and outlook on different things. Just because you don't agree with what people say doesn't mean they are attacking you. I am blunt and very honest and open person. I don't tiptoe around peoples feelings. If they post a question I will answer it how I see it. Some people might find my answer rude or take it as I am attacking someone but I am not. That is your opinion about my post. Thats like me saying you are attacking me because you bought a red car and I hate red cars.

Yes do agree that a few posts were worse than others but thats my opinion. You don't see me going crazy about it.

Again my opinion. you don't need to agree with it and thats fine. But that isn't going to stop people for voicing their opinion.

I'm not in this mess nor do I want to be. That said, I'm calling bull. I've peeked in the chat room from time to time but never participated because it is so high school (or dead).

There is a lot of "mean girl" talk in there about forum members. You may not be in there when it happens, but it happens.

Again, I am not taking sides. If I agreed with you on the above point, I would say so.

I have to call bull too.. It's sad to say but I've been PMed numerous times about it and have been sent screen shots about it (kinda hurt but now I know how you guys and girls feel about me)

Do you guys not think we were picked on enough as obese people?

Does it feel good, I wonder to pick on others?

Does it give you some of your power back that you perhaps don't feel in the real world.

This is to no one in paticular.... Just thinking out loud....

I'm not in this mess nor do I want to be. That said, I'm calling bull. I've peeked in the chat room from time to time but never participated because it is so high school (or dead).

There is a lot of "mean girl" talk in there about forum members. You may not be in there when it happens, but it happens.

Again, I am not taking sides. If I agreed with you on the above point, I would say so.

I have to call bull too.. It's sad to say but I've been PMed numerous times about it and have been sent screen shots about it (kinda hurt but now I know how you guys and girls feel about me)

Well I agree that I am not in the chat room all the time or on the forums so I don't know what is talked about when I am not in there. I can say that last night is the first time I seen laura-ven's name brought up in the chat room and thats because I brought it up because of the post she made on this thread calling us a gang. There were a few comments after the fact from a few people saying they find her annoying because she posts on everything in the forum and is one of the reasons they don't post in the forum. But thats them and their opinion. If she has been brought up any other time I can't say she has been or has not.

The chat room is for everyone to use. But you cant force people to not talk about what they want to talk about if you don't like the topic at hand. Many people come to that chat room with different personalities. We see a lot of new people that join the forums that come right to the chat room for fast answers and they are helped but I see no one bringing that up when they are watching the chat room. I myself refer people to post and topics almost everyday and answer all their questions.

Again you can't force people to talk about or change their opinion because you don't like it.

Ugh, this is too much drama for me, I just started using this app last week and it seems like I'm going to have to delete it!

It's a shame because I really wanted a SUPPORT forum, I'm headed to the hospital in a few hours for my surgery. Anyone know of any less dramatical forums out there?

It's a shame because I really wanted a SUPPORT forum, I'm headed to the hospital in a few hours for my surgery. Anyone know of any less dramatical forums out there?

All forums are going to have some sort of drama, trolls, etc. I suggest if you don't feel this site is the place for you then look into a local support group at your hospital or a local community group. My hospital has support groups once a month and also has a private Facebook group.

I say give this site another try. It isn't as bad as it seems from this one thread. Yes sometimes people opinions and views boil over and make things look bad but they are really not.

I am sorry if my opinions or views are one of the reasons for you turning away from the site.

I wish you well with your surgery today.

Deep breaths....and don't let this keep you from an otherwise great forum.

Guys, for the last time, return this thread back to topic as I requested last night and keep your personal drama to PM's. I do have the right to determine if I like where a topic is headed, and can lock it, ban people, etc. The same goes for the chat room. I am quickly losing my patience with some members and suggest, for the last time, reacquainting oneself with our rules.

Thank you.

Susan, Forum Administrator

Sent from my iPad using VST