Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Apple Shaped Ladies: Holla Back!

I am an apple shaped lady. I'm talking big boobs, bigger gut, wide shoulders and skinny legs ... Sigh.

Anyway, can you successful apple shaped sleeved ladies share your stories, or better yet, before and after pics. Just wanting to see if weight loss makes you any less... Um... Well, apple-y.

Im apple shaped too! 4 weeks out and my middle is going down some, but I'd like to see some successful apples look like too!:P

Hope my pics help. These are pics I have from my phone.

My stats

HW 274

SW 242

CW 171

Bottoms were 18/20

Was always baggy in the butt and things. Tight on my waist

Tops 3X

Tops were always snug

Bra size 42 DD

Now

Bottoms are 8/10

Tops L/M mediums are rare

Bra 38 D

I haven't been able to workout in the last 4 months due to a change of home dynamics and a new job. But I know that of I tone and work on cardio I can get my back and mid section drastically smaller. I was very on top of my physical activities. I know I'll get back to in soon. Plus I just got my gallbladder removed.

My butt and thighs are so skinny. My butt is so flat it hurts to sit lol. Luckily squats and lunges will help there.

Hope this helps

Forgot to add. Surgery was 2/22/13 and my GW is 155 and I'm 5'7"

post-11774-13813669917094_thumb.jpg

post-11774-13813669917879_thumb.jpg

post-11774-13813669918867_thumb.jpg

post-11774-1381366991964_thumb.jpg

Total apple here.

Need to do my 7 month post op here soon. But here are my 6 month post op photos.

HW 250

SW 245

CW 169

GW 154

Height 5'6"

Surgery date 2/26/13

Starting shirts 2x pants 20 bra was 42ddd

Now shirts are L/M and pants are 7/8

36D bra almost to a 34D

post-33687-13813669937291_thumb.jpg

post-33687-13813669938284_thumb.jpg

post-33687-13813669939243_thumb.jpg

My, my apple pie! Me too! My pants are soooooo baggy, but my tops are down just one size. I asked a friend who is in great shape what I could do and she said that if you only do exercises like walking, riding a bike, treadmill, etc. along with your dietary changes, you will only get a much smaller version of your original shape. She said that the ONLY way to really change your proportions is to work out with weights, adding that the safest way is to begin at the gym with machines targeting your core. She thinks that free weights are only for those who have been working out a long time. I have to say that I agree with her, although going to the gym is abhorrent to me. I have lost weight, but i do just have a smaller version of my original shape. Guess I will just have to suck it up and go to the gym, especially since I am no longer 30 years old.

Total apple here.

Need to do my 7 month post op here soon. But here are my 6 month post op photos.

HW 250

SW 245

CW 169

GW 154

Height 5'6"

Surgery date 2/26/13

Starting shirts 2x pants 20 bra was 42ddd

Now shirts are L/M and pants are 7/8

36D bra almost to a 34D

Heyher,

You look great. My husband and I were commenting on how young and feminine your face looks. Your pics give me hope that I can whittle my middle a little bit. Do you work out much? If so what are you doing?

Heyher' date='

You look great. My husband and I were commenting on how young and feminine your face looks. Your pics give me hope that I can whittle my middle a little bit. Do you work out much? If so what are you doing?[/quote']

I do some, but because of other health issues I can't do anything too crazy. No running or to high in intensity. I love yoga. I also do several different ab exercises. I like the 30 day challenge because you build up your reps and sets. I'm not trying to build tons of muscle. I'm trying for long lean muscle.

This is what I use.

post-33687-13813670051068_thumb.jpg

Heyher' date='

You look great. My husband and I were commenting on how young and feminine your face looks. Your pics give me hope that I can whittle my middle a little bit. Do you work out much? If so what are you doing?[/quote']

And thank you so much!! You can do it too!!

If you click on my profile you can see my before and afters... very apple shaped but I have never been really busty.

Now that I am at goal, I like to think of my broad shoulders etc as "athletic" ..hehe

Lol! I was just talking about my apple shape today. Even at 264 I was thin from hips down..I've always had a thick waist even at 150 and a very flat ass..I'm 54 inches around my shoulders and got up to a 46DD. I am 3 weeks post op and I'm down to 240..guess where I lost it all from? Yup! My ass and legs. I can't wait to lose my back boobs!

Lol! I was just talking about my apple shape today. Even at 264 I was thin from hips down..I've always had a thick waist even at 150 and a very flat ass..I'm 54 inches around my shoulders and got up to a 46DD. I am 3 weeks post op and I'm down to 240..guess where I lost it all from? Yup! My ass and legs. I can't wait to lose my back boobs!

Yes, can't wait to lose the back boobs. Also, I really hope to lose from the waist up. When I was in high school, at about 140 lbs, I had more of a defined waist and rounder hips. I think I was still an apple, just much less noticeable. I have always had a tummy, but after I had my c-sections, i swear it never went back in. I hope to get back close to my original shape even if it takes a little nip/tuck. I never really had much of a butt... I'm a black chick, so I might have to buy one of those, too.

I am definately an apple and I was getting upset thinking my big belly wasnt going down at all while my legs had gotten way smaller but then I measured myself and had lost 5 1/2 inches around my belly button and 6 inches at my natural waist. That was either at 2 months or at 3, my little book is at home. The main part of my fat is my belly so I think it will be the last thing to go. I'm waiting for my 4 month mark to measure again. I think I might have to take the legs in on my jeans.

Im most definitely apple shaped being huge busted always have hated it. I have the thin legs n no behind..lol flat ass..lol. when I was younger I had the 36d cup wearing size 5 jeans..lol I think I looked athletic more so than shapely. I know when I get to goal I am doing the girls for sure..lol. lifting reducing...whatever it takes.

Here is my before and me in my wedding dress. No longer an apple. Now an hourglass. And I love it!!!

post-33687-13813670157262_thumb.jpg

post-33687-13813670158109_thumb.jpg