Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Measures, Measures, Measures

Thank you so much Bea!

Wow!! That's some chart.. Amazing :)

Thanks Bea!!

Amazing..Thank you so much for sharing!!

Thank you soooo much Bea, loved it!

I have some questions:

1. How can i change dates? It asked for a password

2. Can you explain milestones section?!

Thank you sweet heart xx

I have some questions:

Thank you sweet heart xx

I have some questions:

Thank you sweet heart xx

Oh, you're welcome, but I knew there would be a few challenges with trying to use a sheet I set up with my data. Still, there may be some things we can do.

1a. I set it up for putting in a single date (surgery day for me, but could really be any date you want) and letting the sheet fill in the dates for the two weeks before and 40 weeks (or so) after. The key to this is finding (selecting) your "start date" and entering it into cell A17.

1b. You are certainly welcome to unlock the page and make any changes you want, but there are LOTS of calculations on the sheet so beware that some of your changes could have unintended consequences. When the page prompts you for a password simply hit the "Enter" key without putting anything into the password field.

2. I use the Milestones section for points in my journey that are special to me. For example, one of my first milestones was "25 lbs lost". I calculated the weight for this and entered it into column K. In column O I typed in "25 lbs lost". I was thrilled to be able to type in "8/11/2013" when I hit this goal. As another example, by doing a few calculations I knew that my moving from "class III obesity" to "class II obesity" was going to happen at 267 lbs. So I entered this weight into column K, and in column O I typed "class II obesity". Again, I was thrilled to be able to type in "8/13/2013" to column Q when I achieved that goal.

Other milestones for me were things like "50 lbs lost", "75 lbs lost", "<250 lbs", and "goal". One of my more customized goals says "Dow start weight" because I remember weighing in at 262 lbs. when I started work at Dow Chemical back in 2001. I got to check that one off on 8/24. :-)

Hope this helps some!

Hi Bea!

I have been waiting ever since you posted this to be able to start using it! I'm now on my preop diet and plugging the numbers in every day!

I have a question regarding the Predictions (Preop) and Actuals (postop) sections.

These 2 sections did not automatically plug in my dates. In the actuals, it is updating my weight and BMI, but the dates are still wrong.

The dates posted in the top cell of those two sections are 8/30/13. My preop started 11/30/13 and my surgery date is 12/13/13. So, I'm not sure which date should even go on top for Month 1 and I'm not sure what or how to change it to autopopulate. Excel is so, so foreign to me!

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

This chart is awesome thank you

I got it all set up and I love it. I have all my numbers in:)

I am trying to set mine up because I just got home from the hospital today and I can't seem to change any of the protected cells (I'm using Open Office) is there any way you can send me a file that doesn't have the protection on the cells? Thanks

Krys

I am trying to set mine up because I just got home from the hospital today and I can't seem to change any of the protected cells (I'm using Open Office) is there any way you can send me a file that doesn't have the protection on the cells? Thanks

Krys

You can just go under review and select "unprotect worksheet"

When I did that it took away the calculations. I'm not using excel I'm using open office so its a bit different and can be kind of a pain but spreadsheets work better for me.