Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I will NOT miss about being fat.

I do not miss....living in a "one size fits all" world...but that size doesn't fit me.

I completely agree!! Talk about feeling discouraged and ashamed...

This is great. Things I won't miss:

1. Running into people when I visit my parents I can hear the "wow she got big" comment already.

2. Being told I have a good personality, sense of humor..."you would be a catch if..."

3. Carrying a bag from a store for bigger people and hearing the snickering

4. Have people try to explain what someone looks like by comparing them to my weight, "she is bigger, like you"

5. Not being able to wear boots because of my calfs

6. Worrying about fitting in a booth, chair, turn style etc.

7. Not being in pictures

8. Not going out on the weekends

9. Having to settle for clothes I don't like because its all that fit

10. Feeling unworthy because of my size

1. That horrible moment when you walk by a larger window and catch your reflection. Ugh that side-view!

2. Wearing clothes that you only sort-of like, because that's all you can find that will fit.

3. Any kind of strenuous activity = a waterfall pouring off my face immediately.

4. Even showers are an exhausting chore.

5. I am only about 10 lbs from not being able to ride the rides at Disneyland anymore. It's a tight enough fit as it is. On rides like Star Tours where there is a belt that buckles across, I have to stand up, pull the belt out far, buckle it, THEN sit down and adjust.

6. Knowing that people are looking at you and all your fatness.

7. I want to enjoy sex again. My boyfriend and I used to be like rabbits, but now it's about every other month.

8. I feel bad for my boyfriend to be seen in public with me. He's 6'2" and only 170 lbs so you can imagine the weight difference. You can see the surprise on people's faces when they find out we are a couple.

9. I want to set a good example for my daughter. She starts kindergarten next year or the year after, and I would like to be smaller by then so the kids won't make fun of her mommy.

10. Being so freaking exhausted all the time on top of feeling like your brain is in a cloud all day. I feel like I am living my life on auto-pilot.

I just want to enjoy life again.

My gentleman and I are very disparate in size just like you, KB88. He is 6'2 - 180, and I am 5'4" and 235 a month ago. We look like a pencil and an apple walking together. Thank goodness we were that way when we met seven years ago. He has never asked me to change anything about myself. Before I called the bariatric clinic for the first time, I asked him if he felt like he would be missing anything if I lost this whole other person I am wearing for a belt. He said he just wants me to be healthy - whatever weight that turns out to be, and has been very supportive. So, yeah, I know that lopsided feeling.

Rate Topic

star_off.png  star_off.png  star_off.png  star_off.png  star_off.png

Things I will NOT miss about being fat.

There is nothing i WILL miss

kathy

I wont miss stress incontinence. I used to attribute it to giving birth but I think' date=' as it gets worse with weight, that it's the extra weight. I wanna laugh, cough, sneeze, exercise etc...without worries.[/quote']

This was one huge bonus for me. I am no longer incontinent and it stopped immediately. I knew part of it was weight, but I also thought it was childbirth and my age..it's so great not wearing a pad all the time!!

Ann

The first one takes some explaining:

I am a Newborn Nursery RN and I hate having to sit the babies on my gut or the desk to feed them because I have no lap. I'm only 5'2 and weigh 256 lbs, most of which is belly. I get so jealous seeing the skinny nurses rocking the babies to sleep on their knees. Yeah, won't miss that. I also hate having to be told that I've been puked on because I can't see it around my huge gut. Won't miss that either.

Other things I won't miss:

Asking for a table at a restaurant for fear that I won't fit in a booth.

The chub rub between my thighs.. Those friction bumps are horrendous.

The flap slap when I'm exercising or doing "the grown up" thing with the husband.

Being self conscious ... all of the time.

Being the fat sister.

Never being flirted with... Except by my husband ( so glad he still likes me. So I guess that one's okay).

Not being able to find clothes that flatter my appleicious figure.

There's many more, but that'll do for now.

Two things not already mentioned for me is:

1. Avoiding looking at windows or doors as you walk in to avoid seeing how you really look.

2. Not being able to know how much you weigh because the average scale doesn't go that high. (This includes Wii Fit. Yes, how to make people who need to exercise feel even worse about themselves. Argh!)

I will SO NOT miss this and having to wear a girdle everyday to prevent the bumps! Plus most of what has been posted already.

The chub rub between my thighs.. Those friction bumps are horrendous.

being a shell of my former self due to becoming a complete recluse. I dont go out anymore. I avoided an old friends wedding by lying saying I had to work when really, I just havent seen them in about 15 years and I am horrified about how I look. I wouldnt be able to find anything to wear anyways and Dont have the money to find a new outfit at the fat girl store anyways.

Being diagnosed with social anxiety disorder when I used to be a complete social butterfly. I had tons of friends and would go out all the time.. now the phone never rings and I am home with my fella everynight.

housework going to **** because I dont have the energy or motivation to clean. Feeling like a piece of crap because of what I have done to myself. Eating because of how I feel and what I have done to myself. being 34 years old and feeling like my life is over when it should just be starting...

oh man, does the list go on..

being 34 years old and feeling like my life is over when it should just be starting...

I just turned 35. Earlier this year I realized I had felt like my life was over for way too long. Yes, I've been out of high school for 18 years. Yes, I live a "grown up" life. But NO, my life is not over! That realization is what was the final factor in my decision for WLS. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt/feels that way. And the messy house thing...girlfriend, I am with you on that too ;)

I will not miss my bum looking like two cats in a sack.

Wow so many similar feeling out there I won't miss :

People not looking me in the eye

Hiding my body from my hubby

Not really seeing myself in the mirror

Soo many other things ...... I want to be normal

I will not miss having fat sex. My man and I are madly in love and he loves my body, no matter what, but feeling him grab my fat rolls is humiliating. I can't wait to have skinny sex! All you success stories out there....how's the skinny sex?