Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I will NOT miss about being fat.

Things I will not miss:

-having such a messy closet because I've got sizes 12-24 in it. I refused to get rid of the small stuff.

-having to sit on the sidelines while my husband runs around with our kids

-my 4 year old saying..you have a big butt!

-my 6 year old giving me flubbers on my big belly

-my kids putting both of their hands on my big belly and shaking it all around. They think its fun.

-not being able to exercise the way I want too.

-being told I'm not too far away from heart failure if I don't get the weight down.

So many:

1. Adding up the weight of everyone in the elevator to make sure I don't push its capacity above limit;

2. Pretending I want to stand up because I can't possibly fit in your plastic lawn chair;

3. Not eating at a function because my dress won't fit post meal;

4. Feeling the fold above my elbow hit the back of my forearm;

5. Underwear rolling down below my belly;

6. Apologizeing for my very existence at the grocery store;

7. Not being sure I am "clean" everywhere;

8. Being the person that by my presence gives everyone else permission to order dessert;

9. Being a non-threat to insecure women!

Well I have to say I agree with almost all of these that were listed myself, and would like to say that as you get further along and close to goal these things that used to annoy you are some of the most enjoyable things because of just how amazing it feels to be on the better end of it.

I now love to shop for clothes because I can find clothes that fit cheap anywhere

I find that I walk around with my head held high and have a ton more self confidence then I every did.

I love running into people I haven't seen in a long time to see how they react to how different I am now and whether or not they even recognize me.

It is great to know when you go to a restaurant you can sit anywhere you want and not worry about being very uncomfortable.

And it is so wonderful to have all kinds of energy and know you can do whatever you want without having to stop to take a nap every couple of hours.

I thought it would be good for all you preops and early post ops to hear how good you can feel about these previously bad experiences when you get further out. So stay motivated and enjoy the journey, the results are worth every bit of the work.

Another one for me: I won't miss being the first one to crack a "fat joke" about myself to clear the air. I always would do that to try and save myself from embarrassment. Be nice to not have moments like that anymore.

Oh my, you guys hit the nail on the coffin with all of these, so I just might steal a few of my favorites lol but here are mine. 1. Being afraid to run into people I haven't seen in a while. 2. Other kids telling my kids that their mother is fat ( most hurtful) 3. Getting depressed EVERYTIME I go shopping and try on clothes 4. Not being able to cross my legs 5. My children missing out on fun activities because of my insecurities (Six-Flags) 6. Being offered unsolicited advice about how to lose weight. 7. Feeling self conscious

Finding sweets or food items left on my desk at work without my permission

Being embarassed because people I have not seen since my youth or early 20s are so shocked I let myself go and gain so much weight

Not enjoying to look in the mirror

Avoiding shopping at the mall ,only online

Having terrible stomach pain to do overeatiing or irritating my hiatal hernia landing myself in urgent care or the hospital ( the last time was at the end of 2011) but the memory is vivid

2. Other kids telling my kids that their mother is fat ( most hurtful)

This one is one of the hardest ones for me. I have overheard kids making comments to my kids about me. It is soooooo painful. I hate hearing it and knowing how painful it is.

Great list, I identify with so many of the above..I will add

-not being able to see all the body parts I'm trying to shave without lifting up my fat rolls

I agree with all of these, but I have to say one thing I will miss about being FAT is always getting to ride in the front seat when going out with co-workers because none of them want to watch the pitiful sight of you trying to cram yourself in the backseat.

[*]Avoiding Water parks with my daughter because I'm too fat

[*]Not doing outdoorsy things because I need to stay "covered up"

[*]Being offered unsolicited advice about how to lose weight

[*]Being the "fat sister"

[*]Feeling self conscious when I speak in front of groups because of my weight

[*]Avoiding events because I can't find anything to wear that will diminish my weight

I could have written that^^^^^^^

Every single one!

The things I will NOT miss about being fat include but are not limited to:)

-----

1. Looking at a chair and thinking 'will I end up on the floor if I sit in that?'

2. Disappointing my kids when they want to go out. Even to the park because I'm hiding myself from the world.

3. Not being able to get off my couch without using my hands.

4. My double chin rubbing my chest when I eat.

5. Having no confidence.

6. Feeling inferior to anyone who was thinner.

7. Feeling ashamed when I go pick up fast food for dinner (because I shouldn't eat fast food since I'm already fat...)

8. Avoiding all swimming parties.

9. Chub rub

10. Constantly adjusting my tops in fear of people seeing my back fat.

11. People staring at the things in my shopping cart.

12. Settling for hand me downs or peoples "fat clothes" because I cant afford 60$ for a pair of pants and a shirt.

13. Uncomfortable, ugly bra's. (Maybe I'm delusional for hoping this will change lol)

The things I will NOT miss about being fat include but are not limited to:)

-----

1. Looking at a chair and thinking 'will I end up on the floor if I sit in that?'

2. Disappointing my kids when they want to go out. Even to the park because I'm hiding myself from the world.

3. Not being able to get off my couch without using my hands.

4. My double chin rubbing my chest when I eat.

5. Having no confidence.

6. Feeling inferior to anyone who was thinner.

7. Feeling ashamed when I go pick up fast food for dinner (because I shouldn't eat fast food since I'm already fat...)

8. Avoiding all swimming parties.

9. Chub rub

10. Constantly adjusting my tops in fear of people seeing my back fat.

11. People staring at the things in my shopping cart.

12. Settling for hand me downs or peoples "fat clothes" because I cant afford 60 for a pair of pants and a shirt.

13. Uncomfortable' date=' ugly bra's. (Maybe I'm delusional for hoping this will change lol)[/quote']

Amen to all of these plus the underwear rolling down the belly.

Amen to all of these plus the underwear rolling down the belly.

Hahaha! I remember that one! Or another is when I sat down sometimes my stomach rolls would "readjust" like going bloop, bloop...To make a third roll!

:P

I know exactly how you feel!!! Great post!