Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel hungry after I got sleeved yesterday

hello, I have felt hungry throuhout the day , is this normal? Inhad read that there was zero hunger :( any ideas pr help?

Francisco

I am a week out and I am still feeling hunger pains... According to everything I have read on here its either heartburn/too much stomach acid or head hunger... either way it sucks because I have been taking my acid reflux meds and its not helping and if its head I am in trouble!

sipping Water helps to fill your stomach and get rid of the hunger pangs.

Francisco if you are in the hospital , talk to a nurse let them know how you are feeling there are meds that can calm your stomach if not call your dr. Lots walking repeat , lots of walking! Please don't eat so soon if you do you can hurt yourself very badly. Gas mimics feelings of hunger, you can do this !! Good luck

Maybe you're just bored? I used to confuse boredom with hunger.

Congrats on making it through surgery and welcome to the Loser's Bench!

Yes, let your nurse know. Did you do a 2-week liquid pre-op diet?

Is it hunger? I never knew physical hunger since I ate all the time (before). It SURE can be mental hunger, and some have more and some less after surgery. In any case, dring Water and beat your evil brain into submission.

Reflux can really make me want to eat, to ease the burning, and it can often seem like hunger to me.

I woke up from surgery hungry. I'm a year out and I still get hungry and my stomach has growled from day one. I've lost 165 pounds In a year so it has had no negative affect on my weight loss. My head hunger is about 90% gone and that's what's made the difference. I get hungry so I eat a few bites and I'm full. Not a big deal. Lots of people on here say its not real hunger only acid well I'm sorry that is not always the case. Good luck!

hello' date=' I have felt hungry throuhout the day , is this normal? Inhad read that there was zero hunger :( any ideas pr help?

Francisco[/quote']

Probably head hunger, it will go away. Fight the food DEMON!

I am post op day 3 and I think it's just gas trapped in there. Everytime I drink Water more gas comes up.

You CAN experience real hunger. I explained the stomach pain I was feeling to my doc's PA because I wanted permission to take my acid reducer un the evenings as well. It is only acid if you feel it by your heart and gas if you feel it in a larger area of your abdomen than just focused on your stomach. My pain is central to my stomach and is a tightness, dull achey feeling. No burning or "fire" feeling. She said it is hunger and some people do still experience it after aurgery. Surgery does cut the stomach part that produces ghrelin but some people experience hunger pains anyways as the stomach will make itself known if your body is requiring food.< /p>

Needless to say I did not get the ok to take an evening acid reducer, I got the ok to eat a small piece of cheese or 1 egg white or the like.

I'm not 100% sure but I would guess your grumbling because your stomach was cut. I had grumblings for days but it was just acid

Like a lot of us I had not had true hunger pains in years. I assummed that's what I had to. Turns out it was pain from the surgery, took my prescribed Roxinal liquid Percdone pain meds and the hunger pain went away. After a few days it stopped happening. 16 days out no hunger pains. For me it was just simple unusual pain from the surgery. I've had 2 knees replaced so I can recognize real pain, this stomach pain was not nearly as sharp or obvious. I'm sure that's why I confused it with hunger pains.