Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm super excited to be joining everybody here. I started this journey on July 19th and my surgery to get sleeved will be on October 16th. So just under 3 months and that's with meeting all the requirements for my insurance which is Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. Tomorrow morning I am starting on low carb low fat and then on October 1st I have to start with replacing two of my meals with the liquid Protein. I'm excited to travel this journey with everybody here and hopefully be a support group to one another. My surgeon is Dr Jawad in Orlando.

I should add that my current weight is between 285-290 and I'm hoping to get that to 270-275 by surgery date.

I am also October 16th and close to the same weight. I started at 285 and lost some, down to 272 - but the doctors scales today said 275. I'm in Atlanta, GA and started the process at the end of May, I'm with Kaiser... so I had some hoops to jump through.

Nurse called today' date=' I have pre-op on 9/25! It's getting real!! I'm so excited for surgery on 10/2 ![/quote']

Welcome to the 10/2 club! There's so many of us popping up lately. I've had my date for a couple months and I've been lonely until now

Got my date!!! October 8th!

bnape' date=' I'm actually starting my preop diet 2 weeks early, because I also have a fatty liver and want to shrink it as much as possible before surgery. So I'm doing two Protein shakes, and some other high protein/low fat Snacks (Jerky, LF mozz cheese, LF greek yogurt) and a meal of lean Protein and veggies. Hoping to lose a good bit of weight before surgery, too. Hopefully 15 lbs isn't too idealistic :)[/quote']

Im doing same diet - I saved my meal of chicken + veggies for dinner tonight.. I'm a night eater, so I figured that would hopefully keep me full. I've had to do a snack in between Breakfast - lunch bc I'm about to eat my arm off. I love reading from these forums though! I don't feel so alone in this journey :) looking forward to 10/2 ~ the big day of sleeving for me !

Well it's nice to know there's other people getting sleeved on the same day. I have been reading this forum since April, when I started this journey. It has been so helpful to me. I've gained a lot of knowledge from all of you who have already been sleeved. That I am so grateful for. Hurry 10/2!!!

My surgery date is October 1st! I go for my all day education seminar tomorrow to learn all about the pre-op diet which is for 10 days prior to surgery. Thankfully, only 4 of those days are all liquid. I'm very excited but anxious at the same time. I was not an overweight child but after getting married at 16, gained 100 pounds the first year. Being overweight is all my "grown up" self knows!

I am official my surgery date is Oct 5(Saturday) :wub: I hope my surgeon is in a good mood. Anyone one else? Maybe the 4th ?

I'm scheduled for October 25th.

Hi all! I am October 1st!! I am super excited and ready for this journey! I'm getting my house, yard, etc... in order now :). I'm also on the pre-op diet.

Tentative scheduling late October ! Don't want to jinx. Waiting on insurance!