Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone starting out around 225lbs?

I am 34 yrs old and 5'0 and 225 lbs . My surgery date is Oct 1st and I am soooo nervous. My fear is being too skinny. ( Crazy right?) Before I had children, I was 103 lbs. Looking back that was too skinny. I looked horriable.So my question is has anyone else started out around 225lbs and how much did you lose?

I started at 230 on 6/6/2013 & currently weigh 187. Down 43 lbs. I'm 5' 3.5". I'm 35

I started at 230 on 6/6/2013 & currently weigh 187. Down 43 lbs. I'm 5' 3.5". I'm 35

I just turned 36. Also 5'3.5". My surgery is in 1 week. I'm at 220 right now. 3 months and over 40 lbs!?! I'll take it! Lol. I'll take 180 by Christmas! I hope my similar body type responds as well as yours! Great job!!

I just turned 36. Also 5'3.5". My surgery is in 1 week. I'm at 220 right now. 3 months and over 40 lbs!?! I'll take it! Lol. I'll take 180 by Christmas! I hope my similar body type responds as well as yours! Great job!!

I'll be 36 shortly after your surgery. Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you have any ?s.

I am 53 and 5'2" and had surgery March 6th so I'm 6 months out. I am at 157 now and hope to get to 130. About 27 to go!

Good luck!

Hello! I'm 30 something and 5'2". I started out at 215 (the heaviest I've ever been). My surgeon told me that I'd lose about 40 #'s in 2 months. But I hit every stall like you would a stop light. Here's a tip, please do not allow yourself to get constipated! That and heartburn have been my only issues throughout this entire process. So I probably would've hit that goal of 40 #'s sooner if it hadn't been for that. Good luck!

Hi my pre op weight was 230 im now 165 my height is 5ft1 want to get to 135 140

I'm 28 and 5'2 and my starting weight was 206. I am 8 months post op. I'm at 137 now, and trust me losing too much isn't going to be an issue!! You will be able to eat much more as time goes on.

I'm 28 and 5'2 and my starting weight was 206. I am 8 months post op. I'm at 137 now' date=' and trust me losing too much isn't going to be an issue!! You will be able to eat much more as time goes on.[/quote']

Ooooo love this! So excited!!

Hi guys. I was just approved by my insurance to have the sleeve done. I’m 5’1 225. My goal weight is 155🙏🏼 I have to start my meetings with the psychiatrist & nutritionist. Having my colonoscopy next week. I can’t wait to have this done. Took forever to finally qualify! Any advice for me??

I weighed 220 on the day of my surgery and am an inch shorter than you, so yes.

I have struggled with feeling like I've ended up "too thin", but it's been due to a combination of complications from the surgery itself and some unrelated medical issues as well. My goal weight was 110, I was happy at 105, and ended up at a low of 91 when I was at my sickest a few months ago (a few pounds underweight for someone my height).

Most people start to feel their restriction loosen at around the year-two year mark. I'm 22 months out and have only just started to feel like I can eat a bit more, and I'm simultaneously relieved and afraid because now it's up to me and my self-discipline to maintain.

I am 54 years old and 5'1''. My starting weight was 230. I'm currently at 175.9. My surgery was 4 months ago. My goal weight is listed as 140 because that is what my nutritionist said i would likely get to. i would like to get down to 120-130 but i am being realistic and setting the goal for 140 and then we will see what happens!

i'm almost 5 yrs post op, but at the time of my surgery I was 5'2", 46 yrs old and 235 lbs.

got to goal (127 lbs) around 7 months post op and somehow managed to stay below goal ever since (weighed 120 lbs this morning)

i was one of the lucky/unlucky ones (depends who you ask) that had vice-like restriction the first 9-10 months. it loosened up more and more over the years, but not to the level of "normal" eaters...i still don't seem to eat us much as those around me. I hit my max volume for a sitting at about the equivalent of 1 cup of solid food. more if its salad, less if its dense Protein or fluffy bread. you didn't ask, but I'll put this here anyway: i can drink as much liquids at whatever speed, so long as i have no food in my stomach....but once there is food in there, I need to wait AT LEAST 1/2 an hour to digest a bit before I drink, otherwise i'll barf.

Ms.sss you are my inspiration! I am 5'1'', 54 years old, and started at 230lbs. I had VSG on 4/12/2023. My current weight is 172.4. I agree with you on the eating, similar experiences with those foods as well. I hope i have as much success as you did at losing weight!

Edited by NCL04321
added a reply person

8 hours ago, NCL04321 said:

Ms.sss you are my inspiration! I am 5'1'', 54 years old, and started at 230lbs. I had VSG on 4/12/2023. My current weight is 172.4. I agree with you on the eating, similar experiences with those foods as well. I hope i have as much success as you did at losing weight!

well, if we compare (and we KNOW we aren't supposed to), given our sorta similar starting stats, you are actually more or less at the same place i was at 4 months post op so its totally doable :)

good luck! ❤️