Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which Surgeons Are Most Recommend?

Thank you all so very much for sharing your wisdom.

I am from Florida and I used Dr. Valenzuela and had a fantastic experience. Her and all the Drs involved were great. Christy from Mexico Bariatric Center was my coordinator and she was very helpful and always available if I had any concerns. I am 4 weeks post op and have been feeling great since day 2 w/ no complications. If you are considering Mexico, I would definitely look into Dr. V. Best of luck to you:-)

I had surgery with Dr Illan on march 28th of this year. To date I have lost 87lbs and wouldn't change a thing! My experience was amazing and I want to go back this summer to visit! Omar is by far the greatest person/friend to have thru this! (He is your patient coordinator) he actually had the surgery by Dr Illan in April so he can be a big help bc he's experienced it all himself. Feel free to email me any time you have questions or concerns I would love to help you! I promise you can't go wrong with Dr Illan and Omar! Good luck!!

Dr.Illan and Omar is the greatest! I was sleeved by Dr. Garcia is Feb. I have lost 72 pounds it was a good experience! But my daughter had the surgery with Dr. Illan last month and if i would have known about Dr. Illan then, i would have used Dr. Illan...the care is most personalized. Alma was great...but I never laid my eyes on her..Omar was there from beginning...during and after..and he still checking on us....my daughter has had NO issues. . I appreciate both experiences..But thought Dr. Illan was the best!

I was sleeved by Dr. ILLAN on August 12th . I have not had any pain or discomfort. I have had a tremendous amount of energy. I am down 30 pounds and am off all my diabetes medicine. I was just thinking today that for the last 20 yrs I have been living a life less than. Well for the next 20 I am going to follow my dreams. .better late than never. Dr. Illan and Omar do take wonderful care of u. I am so glad I went with him as my surgeon.

I am scheduled October 5th with Dr Illan - I did a lot of checking around and he was my choice too. Omar is my coordinator and he is something of a "legend" as he clearly cares and goes the extra mile. There are a lot of great surgeons to choose from so take your time, ask around and go with your instincts. Good Luck to you !!

I chose Dr. louisianna Valensuela @ mi Doctor staying at the Marriott Hotel. Feeling very confident and comfortable with my choice. She comes highly recommended, the price is $4500 the hospital is supposed to be great and the hotel is beautiful. My coordinator is Christy who I found out lives about 20 min from me. She invited me to stop by and see her if I'm in the neighborhood. Super awesome lady who responds anytime and everytime I ask a question without hesitation. Super excited... C'mon November 1st !

I am scheduled October 5th with Dr Illan - I did a lot of checking around and he was my choice too. Omar is my coordinator and he is something of a "legend" as he clearly cares and goes the extra mile. There are a lot of great surgeons to choose from so take your time' date=' ask around and go with your instincts. Good Luck to you !![/quote']

Can't wait for your journey :-)

Thank you Sherry !! So glad I have your support and this amazing forum !! You know I'm going to be messaging you all about it xx

I'm here :) love it!

I had Dr Illan. I would not change a thing about my experience. It was safe and fun...lol I was sleeved August 12th 2013.

I am so pleased to see the word getting out about Dr. Illan, he is really wonderful. And just a reminder, it isn't too late to book your surgery in September for a special rate of just $4,300. PM me if you are interested. MySurgeryOptions is owned and operated by Alex, founder of VST. Help us spread the word! Thanks.

Check my posting on Dr. Kelly. He is awesome too. If you need experience combined with very personal attention and care, he's the man.

Had mine with Dr. jaime Ponce de leon. Trish being my coordinator. Would highly recommend the team. Had a fantastic experience!

Hey, it's a Dr. Illan reunion!!! I was sleeved by Dr. Illan on March 7th 2013. I was 297.6. Today I am 207. I have had NO issues at all! I love my new life and I would do it all over again.