Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which Surgeons Are Most Recommend?

Which gastric sleeve surgeons in Mexico are most recommend? Are there any independent unbiased sources out there?

I doubt you get an unbiased opinion. Those of us who loved our surgeons are going to recommend them like crazy! You need to read through the forums and get a feel for what people say, good and bad. Also, talking to a couple doctors I had narrowed it down to really helped. In the end, I used Dr. Illan and I couldn’t be happier. Nobody can decide for you though and you need to make the best, informed decision you can make for you.

that's true! Dr. Illan and his team are the best in MY opinion as a patient. From the hospital to the nurses to the surgeon team and of course Omar. Excellent every step of the way. I was sleeved 8/31/13 and would recommend him to my family & friends :) Good luck on your journey!!!! My pic is me and Dr. Illan.

Hello - were you two from the US? I'm seriously looking at Mexico for my sleeve as well. I have 4 friends who had their sleeves in Vegas for $12k self pay. They look great but if I can save the money & still have a great surgeon I'm up for it.

the best to you Madlycap, maybe we'll get the same surgeon :)

I live in Virginia and was just sleeved 8/31/13. I'm with you and couldn't afford $12-$15k and found Dr. Illan. Very happy that I did!!!

thank you so much Sherry I'm glad to hear you had a great experience I'll definitely check him out.

mysurgeryoptions.com or look up baja bariatrics :)

thank you so much Sherry I'm glad to hear you had a great experience I'll definitely check him out.

If you would like more information, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to get the process started with Dr. Illan for you.

Sent from my iPad using VST

If you would like more information, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to get the process started with Dr. Illan for you.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Thank you Susan, I'm still looking but thank you. I'll keep them in mind. I plan on having the surgery latter part of next month. I hope to settle on a surgeon by next week. Thank you

I posted a review here on my experiences with Dr. Alvarez. Very, very positive experience. You should create a checklist of what factors you care about, and then evaluate doctors against it.

I'll be 2 weeks post op on Saturday! So hard to believe I am finally on this journey :) If you have any questions you might not want posted feel free to PM me! Trying to stay off the scales until Saturday.

I am from the US, Oklahoma… I went on July 1, 2013. I’m still amazed how smooth everything went. Dr. Illan was amazing and Omar makes sure you have everything you need. I went sightseeing and shopped and had an amazing massage. I didn’t have to take the pain pills and everything since I have been home has been great too. I had a follow up with my pcp and she verified everything went great. If you have any questions, PM someone who used the surgeon you are looking at or ask us on here. Best of luck!

I agree with Gamergirl on her suggestion. I had an old school pen/pad chart. Dr. Illan is who I was sleeved by. I'm in Canada and flew out of Toronto.

I couldn't be happier with my experience. I was sleeved on Saturday, July 20, 2013. My recovery has been far easier than I could have imagined.

Best of luck with your journey.