Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will i love my sleeve? :-/

I think we all have these days , theres really no way to know. Its very hard mentally to adjust to the new lifestyle. I still have teh same feelings from time to time this last week has been another stall no weight loss or inches. Just hang in there and it will get better .

Want to know a secret? Powdered milk and Greek yogurt are truly your best friends! Like mashed potatoes?? Add 1/3 of a cup powdered milk plus whatever else you enjoy on them' date=' for extra Protein add plain Greek yogurt as "sour cream" with some bacon crumbles and shredded cheese. In a half cup of "potatoes" you could have 15ish grams of Protein. It will take you an hour to eat.. But you'll feel better the next day if you get your protein in today. eggs with shredded cheese. tuna with Greek yogurt. Cottage cheese. Gotta think outside the box. My nut recommended I drink a glass of skim milk for Breakfast every morning with 1/3 cup powdered milk.. 16grams of protein-done![/quote']

I luv this. Thanks so much,

I feel the same way I'm 5 weeks out...I get so depressed waking up feeling crappy every morning. I miss being happy and active now I just feel like a slug and always so dizzy and tired. Proteins not my problem but fluids is I only get about 45-50 a day in and I push non stop it just never adds up in the end of the day. I wish I could chug as well it would be much easier. Little sips just doesn't quench your thirst. I pray the day comes where I get my energy back and feel me again.

I too feel so crappy. Hate this, hate feeling tired all the time. Glad I'm not the only one. I'm just 4 weeks as well. Looking forward to feeling better. It has to come right?

Give it time. I had mine on 1/21/2013 and I'm down 72lbs. I have no stomach problems and feel completely normal. People don't look at me like the fat guy anymore. I get compliments from people who know I had surgery and those that don't. I fit on an amusement park ride I didn't last year. I can run run muuuuuch easier than before. I don't struggle with food anymore. I eat until content then stop. My body governs me to stop like how it works in my non obese friends. I can gulp Water and have carbonated drinks like beer (though I just stay away from soda and beer usually anyways... no cravings for it). I have more energy and a better self outlook. Best of all, I'm healthier now for myself, my wife, and three little kids. I have 0 regrets.

Give it time...

I too feel so crappy. Hate this' date=' hate feeling tired all the time. Glad I'm not the only one. I'm just 4 weeks as well. Looking forward to feeling better. It has to come right?[/quote']

I hope sooner rather than later:)

Give it time. I had mine on 1/21/2013 and I'm down 72lbs. I have no stomach problems and feel completely normal. People don't look at me like the fat guy anymore. I get compliments from people who know I had surgery and those that don't. I fit on an amusement park ride I didn't last year. I can run run muuuuuch easier than before. I don't struggle with food anymore. I eat until content then stop. My body governs me to stop like how it works in my non obese friends. I can gulp Water and have carbonated drinks like beer (though I just stay away from soda and beer usually anyways... no cravings for it). I have more energy and a better self outlook. Best of all' date=' I'm healthier now for myself, my wife, and three little kids. I have 0 regrets.

Give it time...[/quote']

You give me hope:)

I know exactly how you all feel. I was at the point to where I was starting to regret my sleeve. I cried all the time and just wanted to be able to eat more then 2 bites per meal. I can't do Protein Shakes and I always felt bad. I'm now 13 weeks post op and love it. I've lost 71lbs and am slowly starting to eat a little more. All I focus on is eating Protein and my fluids and I started to feel so much better. It's amazing how a little protein makes me feel. I'm no longer sickie and tired. I hope you all start to love your sleeve soon. We all did this for a reason. Good luck to you all : )

My surgeon said 0 to 3 months is the why did I do this phasr, 3 to 6 months is the getting better but tough phase and 6+ months is the I love it. Im at 4 months and im finally happy after getting my galbladder out and starting am exercise routine :)

Thank you for this thread. I'm5 weeks out and feel terrible all the time. Exhausted. The thought of drinking another Protein drink...ick. . I only get in about 300 calories a day and maybe 15 grams of protein. Can't wait to turn the corner. I don't feel like myself at all. I keep buying foods to try, get sick or grossed out by everything I try. I find that if I eat something and feel bad afterward, I can't bear to even smell that food again. eggs used to be my favorite food. I ate half a scrambled egg recently, got sick, and now I can't even think about trying it again. So sad. Today I had five saltines, a tablespoon of cottage cheese and 1/4 cup of canned peaches over the whole day. I tried to force myself to drink some protein and just broke down in tears. WAHH. I'm a big baby. Thanks for the opportunity to complain. I know it will pass but not soon enough.

I'm 4 weeks out too and I was wondering the same thing. I'm a band to sleeve revision. It's been about 20 lbs in the 4 weeks, nothing in the last 2. I'm depressed and I miss food. My energy is semi back but I'm miserable.

Scheduled for lapband to sleeve-8/9. CW-279. Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was the same way if not worse at 4 weeks I was suppose too return back too work at 4 weeks but I could barley get out of bed then I starting drinking g2 and started B12 pills and by 6 weeks I was back at work and hitting the Gym now IM 8 weeks out and 50pds down and feeling great drinking and eating better I tell u each week it will get better and better

It gets a little easier but really you have to change your way of thinking. This surgery is not something temporary but permanent, for the rest of your life. I completely understand about wanting to drink rather chug Water it's what I miss the most. But I've learned that it's something that I just can't do anymore so I find myself every minute of the day with either water or a poweraid zero in my hand. I drink all day long and I give myself a break about 20 -30 minutes before and after I eat. Everything you did before your surgery I'd history there is no turning back so look to the future and teach your self new habits and I promise you it gets easier. But if you keep dwelling on the past and thinking about the things you wish you could do and used to do it only makes this journey harder. Keep your had up and good luck!! Message me if your need anything

Kim2002

How are things going after a few more weeks? I'm pre-op and your post caused me to be concerned with moving forward.

So far this has been the hardest thing I've EVER done as far as weight loss goes!!! I am down somedays because it is hard to eat more than a few bites' date=' some days I just want to chug Water or tea like I use to! I know I'm only 4 weeks and a few days out, but really when does it get easier???? I'm following everything I'm suppose to do.....it's just so dang hard! Wait to drink, eat this at this time, take this Vitamin 2 hrs before this vitamin....and on!!! Please some reassurance....it's been a HARD DAY!! Kim[/quote'] you'll love your sleeve when you start seeing some results keep doing what you're doing you'll be OK