Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

Someone recently passed this article on to me, which I posted on another board. It was promptly removed. So sad . . .

Frightening News from France

Once again, the real news in France is conveniently

not being reported as it should. To give you an idea

of what's going on in France where there are now

between 5 and 6 million Muslims and about 600,000 Jews,

here is an email that came from a Jew living in

France. Please read! Will the world say nothing - again - as it did in Hitler's time?

"I AM A JEW -- therefore I am forwarding this to

everyone on all my e-mail lists. I will not sit back

and do nothing." Nowhere have the flames of

anti-Semitism burned more furiously than in France:

Lyon, a car was rammed into a synagogue and set

on fire. In Montpellier, the Jewish religious center

was firebombed; so were synagogues in Strasbourg and

Marseilles; so was a Jewish school in Creteil - all recently.

A Jewish sports club in Toulouse was attacked with

Molotov cocktails, and on the statue of Alfred

Dreyfus in Paris, the words "Dirty Jew" were

painted. In Bondy, 15 men beat up members of a

Jewish football team with sticks and metal bars. The

bus that takes Jewish children to school in

Aubervilliers has been attacked three times in the last 14 months.

According to the Police, metropolitan Paris has seen

10 to 12 anti-Jewish incidents PER DAY in the past

30 days. Walls in Jewish neighborhoods have been

defaced with slogans proclaiming "Jews to the gas

chambers" and "Death to the Jews."

A gunman opened fire on a Kosher butcher's shop

(and, of course, the butcher) in Toulouse , France;

a Jewish couple in their 20s were beaten up by five

men in Villeurbanne , France . The woman was

pregnant; a Jewish school was broken into and

vandalized in Sarcelles , France . This was just in

the past week.

So I call on you, whether you are a fellow Jew, a

friend, or merely a person with the capacity and

desire to distinguish decency from depravity, to do,

at least, these three simple things:

First, care enough to stay informed. Don't ever let

yourself become deluded into thinking that this is

no t your fight. I remind you of what Pastor

Neimoller said in World War II: "First they came for

the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I

wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and

I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. Then they

came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up,

because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me,

and by that time there was no one left to speak up

for me".

Second, boycott France and French products. Only the

Arab countries are more toxically anti-Semitic and,

unlike them, France exports more than just oil and

hatred. So boycott their wines and their perfumes.

Boycott their clothes and their foodstuffs. Boycott

their movies. Definitely boycott their shores. If

we are resolved we can exert amazing pressure and,

whatever else we may know about the French, we most

certainly know that they are like a cobweb in a

hurricane in the face of well directed pressure.

Third, send this along to your family, your friends,

and your co-workers. Think of all of the people of

good conscience that you know and let them know

that you and the people that you care about need

their help. The number one best selling book in

France is "September 11: The Frightening Fraud,"

which argues that no plane ever hit the Pentagon."

Interesting first post. Introduce yourself to us. Are you banded? Researching? SO to a bandster?

Only a fool believes everything they read on the Internet, in alleged emails, on messageboards, or otherwise. I hope you're using the term "article" loosely.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/lieberman.htm

You'll find that the second letter on Snopes is virtually identical to the letter you're sharing.

I could write a letter from the perspective of a thin, short, black. Jewish midget claiming that Norway kicked me out of their country because they're anti-semitic, circulate it via email, and someone somewhere out there would believe it. And maybe even have it be someone's first post on a WLS message board.

I directed the poster above to this site after his message was pulled on another lapbanding site. I told him anything could be discussed here and he would probably get some valuable replies. His first post is this because he is passionate about it. I thought his point of view would be welcomed here, as all views seem to be. Perhaps I am wrong in thinking this is the fairest site on the internet. I personally apologize to Ron if his post is not accepted as it is presented. I find it disturbing and a lot of credibility in it.

First, about me . . .

I was banded on 7/19, have had 2-fills and am down about 70 lbs.

Regarding the validity of the article and what "Snoops" has to say, please go to your web browser and type in "anti-semitism in France" and take your pick from any of the other simular articles on the subject.

I am in Christian ministry ( www.shiloh-ministries.org ) and hear many reports of anti-semitism that you might never see in the media. Please bear in mind that I am not Jewish, so you know where I am coming from.

I never knew this board existed, until someone from the other board gave me a "heads-up". I'm glad I found it! God bless!:scared:

Thanks Dee!

I can understand folks wondering who the new guy is coming in with a post like that, and thank you for defending me. I am looking forward to getting to know these folks and in time, I am sure I will form some friendships here.

Ron

Point of views are welcomed here. I think the majority of people who use this forum, if not all, would agree. But this is Rants n Raves, and you can't expect to be agreed with, or to post something and have it go unrebutted. That's the nature of the beast, and why this is our "no holds barred" area, so to speak.

Not sure what you mean by "not accepted". Was it deleted, or is it still there? Is that acceptance? Or is acceptance "oh my that's tragic France is horrible?" Or something else?

As for the firs tpost, smelled like troll to me. Probably would smell like trolls to others. It seems that's not the case, and I'm glad - but when you (or anyone else) is looking for opinions, truly wanting people's perspectives, it helps to mention that.

I fully expect to be challanged on viewpoints and the like, and I welcome it. Being in ministry, I am ofter called to prove a point, and I believe I need to be equipped to do so. I am a big boy - literally and figuretively!

When I say "not accepted" I mean it was pulled!

You claim to be the token "Atheist"! Do you really mean that??

And as for the validity of the article, snopes isn't the only place that references it, but it's the first I came across. Doesn't matter to me. That it comes up in Google searches isn't enough to make it credible in my eyes. Lots of things come up online that aren't credible to me, and I still stand by my words that it's foolish to believe something with no referenced data, especially something circulated via the Internet.

That email appears to be someone's opinion, good for them. We have some French bandsters on this board, it will be interesting to see if they reply. Tho I have no idea if they frequent RnR.

You claim to be the token "Atheist"! Do you really mean that??
Are you asking if I mean token or if I mean atheist?

I would think, not having lots of info on this subject, that the Muslim riots in France would lend some credibility to the idea as originally posted.

I'm not saying there is or isn't a revival of anti-semitism in France. Because I don't think anyone here would really believe this would be the first time ever. Far from it. I'm saying it's foolish to put much credibility into an anonymous, uncredited email, whether or not it references actual events, and whether they're references in or out of context.

To debate the idea of anti-semitism in France - fine. But when the topic starter is an email, to me that's what you focus on. At least for the first post or two. :scared:

And FWIW,

Point of views are welcomed here. I think the majority of people who use this forum, if not all, would agree. But this is Rants n Raves, and you can't expect to be agreed with, or to post something and have it go unrebutted. That's the nature of the beast, and why this is our "no holds barred" area, so to speak.

Not sure what you mean by "not accepted". Was it deleted, or is it still there? Is that acceptance? Or is acceptance "oh my that's tragic France is horrible?" Or something else?

As for the firs tpost, smelled like troll to me. Probably would smell like trolls to others. It seems that's not the case, and I'm glad - but when you (or anyone else) is looking for opinions, truly wanting people's perspectives, it helps to mention that.

was in response to "tomorrowsdream", not "Ron Cusano". That may help with clarity as to the intention of what I said.

No problem, Wheetsin.

This is a subject that is interesting to me, and one that many people in America are unaware of, I think. Sometimes Americans look toward Europe as being "ahead" of us, and if they do, they might want to look there now, and be forewarned.

Thank you, RC, for posting a very provocative topic.

I wonder what you would consider to be "credible"! News reports? TV Media? Personal witness? This was not the first report of it's kind that I have heard about, and not surprising, you won't find it in the liberal media. That doesn't make it untrue. You of course, can believe as you choose. The fact of the matter is, anti-semitism is on the rise all around the world, including right here in the good old US of A!! That is, of course, if we can find our own media credible!

By asking about your moniker of "token athiest", I was wondering if your really consider yourseld an athiest, and perhaps . . . why??

Since there seems to be some question with some concerning the validity of the article I posted, please allow me to post this link to an article featured in the Boston Globe that pretty much contains the same material as the article.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/europe/articles/2006/03/13/anti_semitism_seen_rising_among_frances_muslims/