Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Discuraged & Depressed!

Hi everyone... I had my Sleeve 7/22/13 by Dr. Cirangle in San Francisco. Amazing surgeon!! I went for a follow up and I have only lost 20lbs since my appt. 30 days ago. He said I wasnt doing good enough & I need to kick it up a notch... I don't know what to do!! I try to eat as much as I can, but I can usually only eat 1-3 tiny bites, then I'm stuffed!! I am having the hardest time with the Protein drinks... I vomit every time I drink them, no matter the flavor.... I try to drink as much as I can, but struggle there too!! I have lost 50lbs but haven't lost a pound in a month!! Pre-Surgery I was 316, now I am 266ish.. Oh, and I swim and walk for exercise. Ughhh, Sleevers, what can I do?!!

post-64036-13813669734074_thumb.png

post-64036-13813669734565_thumb.png

post-64036-13813669735043_thumb.png

You are doing great. I would have had Dr C if I lived in N Ca. I know he is a great Dr but what I hear from some of his patients on these sites is very disturbing. It seems he is very critical of everyone. You are at the normal stall. You must have read about it. Everyone has this happen to them usually at 3-4 weeks out. You look great and have lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks WOW. Just keep doing what your program calls for and turn a deaf ear to the Dr when he is so negative.

If you are vomiting you may be trying to drink the Protein shakes too fast. Also, try some different brands. You may find something more palatable. You weight loss so far seems right on track to me. I've never heard of a surgeon shaming their patients like that before. It's not as though you are purposefully sabotaging yourself. You are probably in the stall phase which happens to most people around week 3 post-op. You could also call the Nut and ask for advice about your problem with the Protein Shakes. No worries, you are doing great!

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.2

50 pounds since July 22, and he's not happy? uhhhhh, I'm not sure what the problem is, since you are obviously doing everything according to plan, and it's obviously working ! Congrats to you!

As for the shakes, maybe try the unflavored Protein that powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury has and mix with crystal light, or chicken broth, etc.

I haven't had my surgery yet, it's scheduled for Oct 1, so I am now in the process of trying different brands, etc. It's amazing the difference in taste...

Sounds like you are doing fine! This not a cookie cutter surgery and everyone's body is different. You are losing so keep doing what works! The stall will pass! And maybe try the Unjury chicken Soup for your Protein. Also, are you making your Protein Shakes in a blender? For me, in the early stages I could only drink the pre made shakes because the blender added too much air and it was difficult if not impossible to swallow sometimes. So, from now on when you hear the negative talk from your doctor, just smile and nod...and keep doing what you're doing!!!! I wish you continued success. :-)

I only drank about 2 Protein Drinks after surgery. I didn't like them. I did just fine without them. I would not drink them if they made me puke. Good luck

The MD is not supportive, irregardless of his surgical skill. Your weight loss is GREAT, and you need to focus on Protein and liquid till you can get all of them in.

20# in a Month is Amazing. And stalls ain't no big thing over the long haul. Talk to your NUT rather than this guy, sheese...

Hang in there. You are doing great seems to be on track with others on this site. I haven't had my surgery yet but hope to in October. But I've been reading a lot on this site.

You have done a great job so keep it up.....Do try and find a Protein Drink that you can tolerate because you do need a lot of Protein to help with weight loss......I love the Premier chocolate Protein Shake from costco or Sam's Club. I'm a really picky eater too. Have you tried those? Also take a sip and wait for a few minutes and take another sip. Your stomach is still really swollen and so it's really a necessity to sip always. Try some Gatorade Low Calorie, that helped me with getting in more fluids...... Great job so far! Keep it up! :P

Hi everyone... I had my Sleeve 7/22/13 by Dr. Cirangle in San Francisco. Amazing surgeon!! I went for a follow up and I have only lost 20lbs since my appt. 30 days ago. He said I wasnt doing good enough & I need to kick it up a notch... I don't know what to do!! I try to eat as much as I can' date=' but I can usually only eat 1-3 tiny bites, then I'm stuffed!! I am having the hardest time with the Protein drinks... I vomit every time I drink them, no matter the flavor.... I try to drink as much as I can, but struggle there too!! I have lost 50lbs but haven't lost a pound in a month!! Pre-Surgery I was 316, now I am 266ish.. Oh, and I swim and walk for exercise. Ughhh, Sleevers, what can I do?!![/quote']

You are doing great! my date was 7/17 and I have lost 35 lbs. My dr. is happy with this and said we should not compare our losses and to focus on the ultimate goal and inches.

For Protein Isopure clear in glass bottles 40 g of protein and 160 calories really helped me. I kept it cold and I just sipped those 20th ounces all day long. Amazon will deliver for free by the case or get at GN C.

I also use matrix unflavored protein and add to Soups ... That is a big help too.

Keep up the good work.

Wow. Urs (and others) loss is awesome. Im 8 wks out and have lost 18 lbs. I started at 174 (band to sleeve revision) so I knew it would go slower but this is ridiculous. This am I realizwd I've been tossing the same 2 lbs back and forth for 4 weeks.

I know I need to get back to basics too. Im eating whatever I want (Less than 1,000 calories on MFP) just in smaller portions. I drink a Protein shake about 3x a week (hate them 2). I need to do something differently. Im traveling now in a different state so Im eating out alot. In fact im munching on almonds as I type this...

Ur doing fantastic!! Keep it up...

doc said I wasnt doing good enough & I need to kick it up a notch...

amsengal

if i were you, i'd kick the doc up a notch....... :o :lol:

i have seen other docs here not being satisfied with a patients weight loss :angry:

Unbelievable!!!

even if someone isn't doing well - true doc needs to tell them that, but be supportive too

you've done wonderful!!!!

down 50 lbs :)

what in the world does/could the doc expect at 2 months post op???

at 2 months you still need to drink Protein shakes?? :huh:

sorry you are having vomitting issues :(

hope that gets better

keep up the good job

don't let anyone tell you that you aren't doing well :angry:

you are aces :)

good luck

kathy

congrats

I'm october1st also, what shakes do u like?