Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best and worst "compliments"

The pink shirt is a medium!!

Fantastic!! You are doing so very well!!!

The pink shirt is a medium!!<br><br><br><br>

Wow you look really great! Such a transformation and especially after reading your post that your family doesn't comment. Wow how could they not? You look like a completely different person!

Wow you look really great! Such a transformation and especially after reading your post that your family doesn't comment. Wow how could they not? You look like a completely different person!

Thanks Heather!!

New best and most awkward comments.

Best

Dad: Wow, you really look fantastic!

Younger sister: Stony silence (ALL day)

I don't know why, but my sister's reaction tickles me.

Most awkward (from daughter's boyfriend): Wow, you really did lose weight. You look different...everywhere!

Luckily, I was stone-cold stupid tired by that point in the day so I just laughed it off and headed off to bed.

The pink shirt is a medium!!

A VS shirt in medium? Seriously, I cannot even imagine getting to that size. If I EVER do, I'm going to pin a note to my shirt to tell the whole world. You should be SO PROUD of yourself. Sweet mercy, I know I would be! I'm sorry your family isn't complimenting you. I think you look great!

Edited by VSG AJH

A VS shirt in medium? Seriously, I cannot even imagine getting to that size. If I EVER do, I'm going to pin a note to my shirt to tell the whole world. You should be SO PROUD of yourself. Sweet mercy, I know I would be! I'm sorry your family isn't complimenting you. I think you look great!

Thank you so much. ♥ I appreciate it.

I am surprised that family who know about my surgery DO NOT comment on my weightloss. I dont really have family, I have my husbands family. My father in law has never said a word. My mother in law nothing, my grandmother in law asked "how much more weight have you lost?" I told her 80 pounds total. She said "oh"..thats it, thats all I get. My husband is sick of hearing about it, but no one will talk to me about it. And if I have to exercise everyday and eat to live. I should atleast get to brag a little right?? Am I being selfish expecting to much?

There is an old saying (from AA, I think) that says "you know you're getting better when you piss people off". I think we are so ingrained in our roles with people (sometimes as the hero, the martyr, the fixer, the peacekeeper) that when we start to focus as much on ourselves as we did on others, they get pissed. I want for my life/health/happiness to be equal to my want for others life/health/happiness. Changing roles makes others uncomfortable.

<p>New best comment (from goofy husband as I came home from Christmas errands): "My wife is going to be home soon, so whoever you are, get your skinny butt out before she catches you."</p> <p> </p> <p>**Context, we both travel a lot for work and our running "inside joke" is that we have to clean out the evidence of the guy/girl we've had over. My teens think we're just goofy but it's our way of letting the other know that we don't take each other for granted.</p> <p> </p> <p>Anyway, I've gone from a 26 to a 12 (jeans g) so far and my husband pretending he didn't recognize me was sort of cool.</p>

bpy

Not really a compliment but this tickled me. My sister in law who has always been thinner than me finally saw me on Christmas day. She said something like "hey skinny" muttered quickly and thats it. She then didn't show up to an annual New Years Eve party even though her husband and kids came. When I asked my mother in law why she wasn't there she said she thought she might be jealous of me because of my weight loss. She said she heard her say she needs to loose weight and has started walking on a treadmill.

No one in my husbands family knows about my surgery but they have certainly seen me exercising my butt off literally. This made me feel very good for several days now. I know its a little mean but honestly, I've been obese for the past 20 years why can't she be a little happy for me.

... No one in my husbands family knows about my surgery but they have certainly seen me exercising my butt off literally. This made me feel very good for several days now. I know its a little mean but honestly, I've been obese for the past 20 years why can't she be a little happy for me.

I have some family members who have reacted this way. Number of words my sister has said about my weight loss: 0. Number of times she mentions her personal trainer and how grueling her workouts are: every half hour.

That's ok. I didn't do this for any of them.

Everyone likes to refer to the smaller me as "sexy". I don't like the reference although they mean well. I think it's inappropriate especially at work or church. I still have a ways to go so I guess I shouldn't complain I know they have good intentions.

Everyone likes to refer to the smaller me as "sexy". I don't like the reference although they mean well. I think it's inappropriate especially at work or church. I still have a ways to go so I guess I shouldn't complain I know they have good intentions.

Nothing wrong with being sexy IMHO! LOL! Just enjoy it and own it!

I have one to add. Not sure how to take it. Lol! My boss always remarks on something "other" than my weight like, "is that a new sweater" "is that new perfume you are wearing" "oh, did you do your hair differently?". It is so bizarre. I just want to yell, "it's okay, I lost 100 lbs, I know I look different!".

Best compliment ever!

On Christmas, at my mother-in-law's, after dinner and dishes were done, we were all relaxing and teaming up in chairs. Pretty much every chair is a two-butt chair unless you bring in one from the kitchen, which I always had to do.

This year my sister-in-law asks me to come to her and she pulls me into a reclined recliner with her. I about died! She then tells my niece, who is a marathon runner, that I'm her new chair partner because I'm way lighter than her. I nearly cried, then busted out laughing with everyone else when my niece called her a b**ch.

We laid there talking about my surgery and the diet restrictions, my struggles, all sorts of stuff...and then she tells me how proud she is of me.

I'm going to cherish that night for the rest of my life.

Lets all share our best and worst well meaning compliments about our weight loss. My best was after returning to work after summer break: where'd you go this summer?! I mean where'd you go? Half of you is gone! Oddest (considering it came from my mother in law): look at you! You're nothing but boobs! Rudest: wow you lost all that weight and it found me. (Yes I am now responsible for others weight gain) But the nicest compliments are the simple, you look great! I know they mean my weight loss and I appreciate the subtlety. What are yours?

Best: People noticed a difference in me, said I looked good!

Worst: my sister told me she lost weight the right way diet Nd exercise, that really hurt my feelings.