Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August sleevers progress

I eat about 1000-1200. Mainly because I am doing strength training and my surgeon said I was not loosing weight to not eating enough. So I strive for 1000-1200. Mainly Protein and veggies . I do carbs but try to do very little .

Super quick question for my fellow sleevers..........For Breakfast I ate an entire container of yogurt (I was doing a bad thing, eating at my desk while I was working, so it was probably over a 20 minute period).......it seems like a lot at one setting (5 oz)........is that anyone's normal now, or is that a lot? I didn't feel full nor feel the restriction (I'm loving my sleeve....but miss the 2 or 3 month mark where you could only eat a bite or two LOL)

I had a little freak out this morning when I got on the scales, and it looked like I had gained 10 pounds........then I put my glasses on and everything is good except my eyesight LOL .....PHEW!

Super quick question for my fellow sleevers..........For breakfast I ate an entire container of yogurt (I was doing a bad thing, eating at my desk while I was working, so it was probably over a 20 minute period).......it seems like a lot at one setting (5 oz)........is that anyone's normal now, or is that a lot? I didn't feel full nor feel the restriction (I'm loving my sleeve....but miss the 2 or 3 month mark where you could only eat a bite or two LOL) I had a little freak out this morning when I got on the scales, and it looked like I had gained 10 pounds........then I put my glasses on and everything is good except my eyesight LOL .....PHEW!

I eat a full container of yogurt with granola added in and have been for several months. Dr says it's fine. It's because it's a liquid like food and goes straight through the stomach.

Me too! I have no problem eating a whole container of yogurt. I get full very fast with dense Protein though. I can only eat around 2-3 oz the most.

I usually eat a 6oz container 80 cal dannon Greek- with granola . Pretty full after that for a couple of hours

I to had my surgery on 8/21/13 :) I'm eating 900 to 1000 calories a day. Some days I will just go over some days I just care lol

How many calories is everyone eating. I had my surgery on 8/21/13. I am not sure if I'm eating to many calories.

Surgery was August 8th ,2013

HW 233

SW 216

CW HOLY CRAP I'm 157 lbs..

I havent been this weight since I was a teenager.

On a side note..

Everyones telling me 'Dont lose anymore weight you look perfect as you are"

BUT according to the stupid BMI I have to lose another 22lbs JUST to be at my absolute highest healthy weight. I find that a bit absurd.

I feel great at my current weight but figure I can lose 10-20 more lbs so I have a few lbs of wiggle room if I ever want another child..

How has everyone responded to YOUR weight loss??

Oh yes the "you have lost enough weight" friends, I think they are trying to complement us, but it comes off as if they know what would be a healthy weight for our bodies. Only we know what weight we feel good at.

I was sleeved 8/21/13, have lost 88 pounds and currently weigh 158. I would like to loose another 10-20 pounds too, but being in my 60's, I think maybe I need a little more padding just in case, if I should fall. But wow does it feel good to wear size 10 petite pants.

Oh yes the "you have lost enough weight" friends, I think they are trying to complement us, but it comes off as if they know what would be a healthy weight for our bodies. Only we know what weight we feel good at.

I was sleeved 8/21/13, have lost 88 pounds and currently weigh 158. I would like to loose another 10-20 pounds too, but being in my 60's, I think maybe I need a little more padding just in case, if I should fall. But wow does it feel good to wear size 10 petite pants.

sounds like we are about the same size.. speaking of padding..noticing all these bones i didnt know i had. at first im alarmed thinking omg whats that.. must be a lump or something..that doesnt feel right...hahaha...

Surgery was August 8th ,2013 HW 233 SW 216 CW HOLY CRAP I'm 157 lbs.. I havent been this weight since I was a teenager. On a side note.. Everyones telling me 'Dont lose anymore weight you look perfect as you are" BUT according to the stupid BMI I have to lose another 22lbs JUST to be at my absolute highest healthy weight. I find that a bit absurd. I feel great at my current weight but figure I can lose 10-20 more lbs so I have a few lbs of wiggle room if I ever want another child.. How has everyone responded to YOUR weight loss??

Ya, "you need to stop now", "HOW much more are you wanting to lose?", "you ARE still working with your surgeon?" I still have 4lbs until my highest healthy, and 13 until my goal, to give me a cushion/wiggle room. Dr. appraisingly looked at me, 2lbs ago, and stated I could be done (I think he lost his mind).

I'm 5'4", CW 149lbs, pre-op 236, SW 219.8 and a 38 year old mother of 4.

Edited by crowsnestmama

Hey guys! I am loving my sleeve!!!! Surgery: 8/14 SW: 304 CW: 181 Total Loss: 123

How many lbs are you loosing a week ? Having a few hard weeks ... Same weight week 3 ...

Updating

8/8/13

HW. 225

SW. 213

CW. 145/148

I had a great week lost 2 more pounds now down 95 pounds. I feel like a feather at 151. Just cleaned out my closet. 4 bags of big clothes to folks who need them. Woohoo. 100 pounds I am chasing you down. I don't know about anyone else but I stick to 700-1000 cals a day. My diet is very low carb except in veggies and fruit, and not really any oil except found in nuts and low fat cheese. I am listening to my sleeve more now than before. Still get full with more Protein, and veggies than fruit and nuts.