Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August sleevers progress

I was sleeved on 8/1213. Presurgery weight was 238, day of surgery 227, current weight 190. I'm happy, happy, happy! I'm walking fairly often now, trying for five days a week.

Posted to wrong August sleevers thread earlier. So apologies for the repeat. Sleeved 8/19 down 31 from surgery (41 from preop). Seems impossible but I SWEAR most of it has been in my waist and upper body. Anyone else have that problem? Glad to be losing period, but beginning weight training to "encourage" lower body loss. Hope it works

post-65145-13838396986753_thumb.jpg

Posted to wrong August sleevers thread earlier. So apologies for the repeat. Sleeved 8/19 down 31 from surgery (41 from preop). Seems impossible but I SWEAR most of it has been in my waist and upper body. Anyone else have that problem? Glad to be losing period' date=' but beginning weight training to "encourage" lower body loss. Hope it works [/quote']

I was sleeved on 8/28 and am down 30 lbs so far. I too have lost more on top, went from a 2x top to a large. But in pants I only dropped from a snug 18 to a 16. My thanksgiving goal is to be in a 14!!!

I think I have to quit setting time relational goals, every time I do my body is like "psych!!!"

So, do I have a goal (or ten)? Yep.

Are they to be met in a certain time frame....I'd really like to, but I don't truly believe it's possible.

BUT, I do know that I am working this program, and that I AM going to lose this weight, maybe not in MY time frame (possibly due to PCOS) but I WILL lose it.

I think I have to quit setting time relational goals' date=' every time I do my body is like "psych!!!" So, do I have a goal (or ten)? Yep. Are they to be met in a certain time frame....I'd really like to, but I don't truly believe it's possible. BUT, I do know that I am working this program, and that I AM going to lose this weight, maybe not in MY time frame (possibly due to PCOS) but I WILL lose it.[/quote']

I set a goal to loose 12 lbs by Thanksgiving. Not sure if it will happen, but if it keeps me exercising and avoiding simple carbs, then my health is better for it.

Starting wt. 230

Surg wt on 8/6. 221

CW: 177

Some advise my PA gave me:

We Do not expect you to be perfect.

But, if you can look your self or anyone else in the eye and say I am on program;

Most hours

Most days

Most weeks

Most months

Most years.

You will get there.

Some advise my PA gave me:

We Do not expect you to be perfect.

But' date=' if you can look your self or anyone else in the eye and say I am on program;

Most hours

Most days

Most weeks

Most months

Most years.

You will get there.

[/quote']

I think that's a great piece of advice. As we are all human. I have yet to meet a perfect human.

Sleeved on 8/28 down 53lbs from top weight of 232. Went to second hand store and bought a size 12 pants not expecting to fit into them but figured I would eventually. Well to my suprise I was able to fit into them which I have not fit into a size 12 pants in over 18 years, boy was I happy and feeling sexy.

Sleeved on 8/28 down 53lbs from top weight of 232. Went to second hand store and bought a size 12 pants not expecting to fit into them but figured I would eventually. Well to my suprise I was able to fit into them which I have not fit into a size 12 pants in over 18 years' date=' boy was I happy and feeling sexy.[/quote']

I had same experience and stats..hw 230. Surgery was aug 8th..went to kohls figured id buy size 12 to have on hand when they did fit...and THEY fit right then and their...last time I was a size 12 was high school..lol. 15 yrs ago

HW- 235

Day of surgery (8/28)- 223

Nov 5th- 190

Down 45lbs and thrilled! Eating a lot of chicken and one Protein Shake a day. Avoiding sugar and unhealthy carbs. Struggling to find the energy to exercise, but I think that's mostly due to a rigorous work schedule. Taking sublingual B12 and taking Biotin to prevent Hair loss. So far, that's working well!

post-68995-13838397153545_thumb.jpg

I am down 83lbs as of today. My highest weight was 372 I am 289 as of today it feels amazing. My energy level is through the roof, I absolutely love it. I definitely don't regret my choice, best choice for my life!

It has been 3 months since being sleeved and I am down 48 since surgery and 68 overall!!! SOOO excited!

I have another 6 weeks until I see my family (none of them know of my surgery or that I am even losing weight) and I can't wait to surprise them! I am loving this journey so far!!!!

Hey August folks! Up until recently I had been doing great. I am down about 60 pounds since surgery on 8/15. Feeling great, but these past 2 weeks have been less than stellar for me. I think I'm in a rut? I've started grazing and eating things I know I shouldn't (umm, no, you DON'T need another handful of Wheat Thins!). Weekends are killing me. The scale is definitely showing it, too. I've been gaining/losing the same 2 pounds for the past 2 weeks. Not a good feeling, let me tell you.

Anyone else in the same boat? Would love a buddy to help motivate us both and keep each other accountable. I so desperately want to make the most of this honeymoon period and I'm getting anxious I'm squandering it away. Let me know if anyone is interested :).

Surgery Date 8/23/13

Highest weight - 285

Surgery weight - 254

Todays weight - 207