Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best clothes right after surgery?

What does everyone think about what the most comfy clothes to wear after the surgery? Also, what made you most comfortable? Laying down in a bed, or using a recliner chair? Trying to get all geared up!!

Once I was wearing clothes (other than the hospital gown I mean) I wore loose, flowy dresses with an empire waist for about a week. I found a couple of cheap ones on onestopplus.com, just searched for "empire dress" and voila. Oh, and comfy cotton stretchy bras that fastened in front. No underwire!

Definitely being in a recliner chair was more comfortable than lying down in bed for sleeping and napping. Other than that I tried to stay upright and moving as much as possible, it helped with the gas and with getting my energy back and recovering more quickly.

Sweat pants probly would've been more comfy but I forgot and brought a pair of jeans (one that were a bit on the bigger side, thank Go). I'm 3 hrs away from from home so hubby can't run home and get me something else. Live and learn.

The only reclining chair I have is attached to my reclining sofa in the living room where we have no tv. I'd rather watch tv than be comfy, I guess! I was in bed alot the first few days. It was uncomfortable, but I managed! First time I wished we had a tv in the living room (I just think it's tacky to have company with a tv in the room)

I wore pants I didn't have to button! and if I had to button them, I looped a rubber band around the button and through the hole, this gave me an inch or 2 wiggle room. I really only felt pressure when i was sitting at my desk if the pants were too snug. By the 3rd week I was wearing my button up pants again :)

As for laying down, I prefered the recliner. If I did make my way to my bed, I had a mountain of pillows around me. I sort of made a pyramid with the pillows so i was propped up rather than laying flat. And I kept one under my belly (i laid on my side for the most part) and one between my legs. I did have pain at night (I ended up having 4 procedures unexpectedly), so I would take my pain meds then to knock me out. Seemed to help me sleep better.

Hope this helps a bit! :) good luck hun!!

comfy pajamas or really comfy sweat pants, but I didnt really have an issue with pain or being too sore just be careful of where your incesions are . so something with a expandle waiste works best. also a comfy chair is great for lounging in and if you have some pain, but i slept in bed. everyones pain is different and my sister couldnt sleep in bed for about a week she had surgery somewhere else so play it by ear and do whats comfortable for you,

I wore a tank top and old navy lounge shorts. Wore that home from the hospital too. I just kinda kept everything as lounge as possible! I have a recliner in my room lucky me ... It was much more comfortable to sleep and rest in the recliner. After about a week I was able to lay on my right side in bed and sleep. But it's getting easier to sleep at close to 4 weeks post op.

I was naked as often as possible and that worked well. I'm normally a lawyer so it was a nice transition from suits and ties!

Ha! Well, mine's boring compared to the naked guy. I wore pajamas for about two weeks straight. Left the hospital in a pajama / sweats outfit. Anything with a very comfortable stretchy waistband, b/c you'll have incisions around that area. I also slept and sat in a recliner for the first several days.

I wore roomy comfy yoga pants and a cotton loose tank top home. I had no bra issues so underwire was fine. I did buy bigger undies to wear in the hospital and they really did come in handy. Like someone up thread, I also have a recliner in my bedroom and found it essential for the first week.

Sleeved on the 28th, still wearing yoga pants and tank or Tshirts. Came home in pajama pants and tshirt. Still sleeping in our huge recliner, hurts my right side to sleep in bed!

But I do wear jeans in public:)

I wore sweats & was most comfortable sitting for me.