Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a Vegas buddy

If you have any questions feel free to ask!!

Did u go through periods of crying that came out of nowhere? I'm not kidding weight and I'm frustrated as hell and having melt downs every few days

Lol I got cravings every day but it gets better as you can slowly expand on your spectrum of foods you can eat. I would L-O-V-E a cracker but that's out of the question right now lol. Some savory Soup like egg drop soup will do the trick or refried Beans when the time comes. Hang in there - heal!!!! You will eat normal food again !!!

not craving, crying....I'm seem to be having emotional outbursts.

not craving, crying....I'm seem to be having emotional outbursts.

I wouldn't go as far as emotional outbursts. You are changing, physically and emotionally. You have to learn to face your emotions, ALL your emotions, and no longer cover them up with food. Have you tried talking to a close friend or even a therapist?? I went to a couple counseling sessions and they honestly helped.

These are outbursts. I do go to counseling, twice this week alone. It has been a gut-wrenching sobbing. This has been a year of great change for me. This is my second survey in 6 months, the first one being a partial hysterectomy. Between hormones and antidepressants, my emotions are all over the map. I'm 10 days out, not sure when I will be able to eat something other than liquids, frustrated I'm not losing anything.

These are outbursts. I do go to counseling, twice this week alone. It has been a gut-wrenching sobbing. This has been a year of great change for me. This is my second survey in 6 months, the first one being a partial hysterectomy. Between hormones and antidepressants, my emotions are all over the map. I'm 10 days out, not sure when I will be able to eat something other than liquids, frustrated I'm not losing anything.

You will start losing. It takes time. Just go one day at a time. Get your Protein and Water in and go from there

I'm in Vegas also! Was sleeved on 12/11 by dr Atkinson. The first 2 weeks are definitely the hardest! My hormones were all over the place, I cried for no reasons at all a bunch of times! I notice It does get better just very slowly, just now starting to move into puréed/soft foods. Luckily I can get most liquids down easy, except some Protein Shakes. Hoping my mind stops craving so many bad foods soon tho!

Hi Zoeonelove how are you doing these days? How or better what do you eat or love these days?

Hi TahoeDoll, I'm doing good much better then the first two weeks which were very hard for me! With drinks all I drink is Water, Decaf green tea and a G2 sometimes. Luckily I have been able to drink liquid very easily since my surgery! With foods I have tried puréed refried Beans and puréed deviled egg mixture did not sit well in my stomach! Things I have tried and work well in my stomach are mashed potatoes, roast beef hash, puréed turkey chili, applesauce, SF pudding, and puréed chicken but I did not like the taste of the chicken at all! Tonight I am trying puréed crab meat and salmon hopefully they sit well!! I'll let you know how it goes! How have you been?? Are you still on all liquids?

Hi TahoeDoll, I'm doing good much better then the first two weeks which were very hard for me! With drinks all I drink is Water, Decaf green tea and a G2 sometimes. Luckily I have been able to drink liquid very easily since my surgery! With foods I have tried puréed refried Beans and puréed deviled egg mixture did not sit well in my stomach! Things I have tried and work well in my stomach are mashed potatoes, roast beef hash, puréed turkey chili, applesauce, SF pudding, and puréed chicken but I did not like the taste of the chicken at all! Tonight I am trying puréed crab meat and salmon hopefully they sit well!! I'll let you know how it goes! How have you been?? Are you still on all liquids?

Hi Zoe,

I'm on puréed as well. Tried tuna and crackers, mashed potato, egg salad but I only get about 1/4 cup down. Tried some chicken we did in the crockpot and that was yummy. Retried beans and cottage cheese as well. So it's been good. How was the crab n salmon. I treated myself to about 10 salad shrimp yesterday. Yummy!! :)

Hi zone,

How are you? Have you started on solids yet? Looking for ideas of what others are eating.

Hello all :)

I'm not on solids yet, from what my NUT said I should be on soft foods for 3 weeks and now I'm only on my 2nd. My appetite for food right now is non existent! Nothing sounds good to me at all, I have to force myself to eat at-least something! When I do eat I can tolerate tilapia, eggs, potatoes, crackers, cheese, thinly sliced deli meat, cottage cheese, SF Popsicles, yogurt. Crab went down fine, I puréed it a little and made it into a crab cakes! Salmon tasted so bad to me when I tried it, which sucks because I used to love it! I was scared to try shrimp because it seems to chewy. Have you guys tried any different foods? I need new ideas I'm getting sick of the same old stuff!

Also is anyone else having a hard time getting Protein in? I can't tolerate most Protein Shakes so I have to keep trying new ones but none stick! I was gonna try some Quest Protein Bars because everyone says they are really good and have a lot of protein!

Have you tried the Protein enriched hot chocolate? Some brands have 12-15 g. Per 6 oz. Have you tried Ohyeah shakes? I have moved onto beyond pureed stage but have difficulty getting three oz.of meat of any type in at once. Salmon does work pretty well for me. Remembering to chew and small bites is harder than I thought.