Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Digit of Weight is Finally a 1!

Today is such a happy day for me! Finally, I'm down into the 100s, and I don't ever want to go back to the 200s. My history is that of a "yo-yo" dieter. The last time my weight dropped below 200 was in 2008, and it only lasted a couple of months. (phentermine prescription weight loss program). I've been very eager to get here and frustrated because most of August for me was a "stall" period. My weight see-sawed around 204-202-204-203-202. The truth be told, a few weeks ago, I was probably taking in too many carbs and snacking a bit too much, but I also think right around the low 200s is kind of a "set point" for me. It just seems to be a threshold that's been hard to cross. What I did when I finally got disgusted at losing no weight was, for a couple days, go back to Protein Shakes and super-light fare... something like the soft and mushy diet of cream Soups. After just a couple days, that seemed to "shrink" my sleeve a little, and it became easier to get full faster. So now, the scale is moving down again, with a 3 pound loss this week. I am SO DELIGHTED with the sleeve and the results I've seen. Being 54 years old, I am not seeing weight melt away super-quickly like some of the younger people, but almost every week since the surgery (except for the August fluctuation) has brought me closer to my goal. I feel so, so, so much better! I don't dread getting dressed in the morning. My clothes are starting to fit again and hang right on me. I no longer wear black stretch pants every day. My life no longer revolves around being obsessed with what there is to eat in the refrigerator or whether I can get away with hitting the drive-thru at 3 in the afternoon. And, my husband is starting to be proud of me again. I'm so glad to have done this. It was expensive but worth every cent of the cost. My next goal is to weigh less than my husband (he weighs about 190). Yippee!! Happy Day!!

You are doing great! When was your surgery? Mine was July 22, 2013! Its amazing how fast some people are losing! I have only lost 17 lbs. and I have been stalled for 2 weeks! What and how much do you eat? I'm diabetic so I really have to watch what I eat!

When you said your sleeve shrunk....I didn't understand because my doctor said all statictics show it will not stretch out????? What did your surgeon say about that?

You are awesome, and stalls are common. they happen!

You are on one-derland! Yay for you. September 5th, 2013 - your onder-versary!!!

You are doing great! When was your surgery? Mine was July 22, 2013! Its amazing how fast some people are losing! I have only lost 17 lbs. and I have been stalled for 2 weeks! What and how much do you eat? I'm diabetic so I really have to watch what I eat!

When you said your sleeve shrunk....I didn't understand because my doctor said all statictics show it will not stretch out????? What did your surgeon say about that?

I was sleeved on 7/22 as well. We are twins. :-)

Do you excercise a lot or walk?

Hi Member, My surgery was May 9. I do remember having a brief stall right around the same time after surgery as you, when weight loss slowed down. Just keep following the plan, and it happens! You asked how much and what I eat. First off, I've been lucky, because my sleeve seems to tolerate most any food in small quantities. About the only things I can't deal with are "rubbery" or hard foods like ground sausage or dry or rubbery chicken or veggie patties (I used to love them! HATE them now!) and cooked mushrooms, which make me instantly throw up. Also, soft bread mainly turns me off; and if I eat more than a bite or two of it, it makes me feel like I have heartburn. Here is a typical day for me: (1) Breakfast - one egg and some fruit or a piece of crisp toast; -OR- 2 pieces of turkey bacon and fruit or toast; -OR- bowl of oatmeal with fruit; -OR- mini-bagel with cream cheese spread. (2) lunch - piece of meat leftover from dinner the night before cut up on a salad; -OR- small bowl of Soup (about 1 cup); -OR- tuna salad over lettuce or a tomato; -OR- Protein bar from costco (210 calories, 10 grams protein). (3) Afternoon snack around 3 - piece of string cheese or 2 oz of smoked salmon, sometimes half a banana or some other fruit (4) dinner - piece of meat a little smaller than a deck of cards - steak, hamburger, chicken, pork, whatever and some cooked vegetables or a small salad or fruit. -OR- sometimes a starch-based food like risotto or Pasta, but I try not to do that very often. As far as the sleeve stretching, I'm no expert. My doctor did tell me at 4 weeks, "Make sure you MEASURE your food, or you'll stretch your sleeve and end up right back where you started from." I think he was exaggerating somewhat, but I do think the sleeve will stretch (and shrink) small amounts. Also, eating carbs makes a lot of people hungrier, and sometimes you can sneak in more calories with soft foods like rice, potatoes, and Pasta. I found that by doing the Protein shake and simpler foods for a couple days, when I went back to my "regular" diet, it seemed like I could feel the solid food filling up my sleeve more easily. Maybe it didn't shrink, but it felt like it. Also, you asked me about exercise. I'm a college teacher and had the summer off. I took it REAL easy most of the summer, lying around reading books, taking afternoon naps. I like to work in the garden, and recently I've been starting to go for walks. But so far, no big exercise programs. I do need to work on that but figure I can get into it slowly. It gets easier when there's less bulk to move around. My husband says when we walk together that I'm MUCH faster than I was last spring!

Today is such a happy day for me! Finally, I'm down into the 100s, and I don't ever want to go back to the 200s. My history is that of a "yo-yo" dieter. The last time my weight dropped below 200 was in 2008, and it only lasted a couple of months. (phentermine prescription weight loss program). I've been very eager to get here and frustrated because most of August for me was a "stall" period. My weight see-sawed around 204-202-204-203-202. The truth be told, a few weeks ago, I was probably taking in too many carbs and snacking a bit too much, but I also think right around the low 200s is kind of a "set point" for me. It just seems to be a threshold that's been hard to cross. What I did when I finally got disgusted at losing no weight was, for a couple days, go back to Protein shakes and super-light fare... something like the soft and mushy diet of cream Soups. After just a couple days, that seemed to "shrink" my sleeve a little, and it became easier to get full faster. So now, the scale is moving down again, with a 3 pound loss this week. I am SO DELIGHTED with the sleeve and the results I've seen. Being 54 years old, I am not seeing weight melt away super-quickly like some of the younger people, but almost every week since the surgery (except for the August fluctuation) has brought me closer to my goal. I feel so, so, so much better! I don't dread getting dressed in the morning. My clothes are starting to fit again and hang right on me. I no longer wear black stretch pants every day. My life no longer revolves around being obsessed with what there is to eat in the refrigerator or whether I can get away with hitting the drive-thru at 3 in the afternoon. And, my husband is starting to be proud of me again. I'm so glad to have done this. It was expensive but worth every cent of the cost. My next goal is to weigh less than my husband (he weighs about 190). Yippee!! Happy Day!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!! hitting the 100's is the best ever!!

Awesome! Congrats!!

Today is such a happy day for me! Finally, I'm down into the 100s, and I don't ever want to go back to the 200s. My history is that of a "yo-yo" dieter. The last time my weight dropped below 200 was in 2008, and it only lasted a couple of months. (phentermine prescription weight loss program). I've been very eager to get here and frustrated because most of August for me was a "stall" period. My weight see-sawed around 204-202-204-203-202. The truth be told, a few weeks ago, I was probably taking in too many carbs and snacking a bit too much, but I also think right around the low 200s is kind of a "set point" for me. It just seems to be a threshold that's been hard to cross. What I did when I finally got disgusted at losing no weight was, for a couple days, go back to Protein shakes and super-light fare... something like the soft and mushy diet of cream Soups. After just a couple days, that seemed to "shrink" my sleeve a little, and it became easier to get full faster. So now, the scale is moving down again, with a 3 pound loss this week. I am SO DELIGHTED with the sleeve and the results I've seen. Being 54 years old, I am not seeing weight melt away super-quickly like some of the younger people, but almost every week since the surgery (except for the August fluctuation) has brought me closer to my goal. I feel so, so, so much better! I don't dread getting dressed in the morning. My clothes are starting to fit again and hang right on me. I no longer wear black stretch pants every day. My life no longer revolves around being obsessed with what there is to eat in the refrigerator or whether I can get away with hitting the drive-thru at 3 in the afternoon. And, my husband is starting to be proud of me again. I'm so glad to have done this. It was expensive but worth every cent of the cost. My next goal is to weigh less than my husband (he weighs about 190). Yippee!! Happy Day!!

Welcome to Onederland!

I'm hoping to become a citizen of Twoville in the VERY near future!

Nice job