Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just about to book my flights and I am soiling my underwear- HELP !

Okay, I'm scheduled with Dr Illan October 5th (haven't found another person going near my date so not looking like I'll have a buddy right now) Of course I think about it all the time but it's still kind of felt like it was in the future. I started to book my flights and realized it was all too real and now I am soiling my pants in fear !! - what the heck am I doing guys ?? - what if I HATE it after it's done and I want my old stomach back but it's too late ? - this panic is temporary, it hits me about every second or third day, but please, tell me I'm not mad for doing this.

Three years from now, will you look back and regret not having done it? If your answer to that is yes then you have your answer for whether or not what you're doing it right.

What are you doing? Oh, you're only taking the steps necessary to get your health and quality of life back! How can improving your health and, by association, your life be 'mad'? ;)

Also, in regards to the surgery buddy thing, I was sooo bummed about not having a surgery buddy but there should be other people scheduled at the same time as you. Omar took myself and three other ladies (two of which had just had the same surgery) out shopping post-surgery. Even though I didn't get to connect to them prior to surgery I feel like I have a couple of surgery buddies just because of the fun we had exploring and shopping together. :) You can contact *susan* or Omar and they'll let you know if other people are having surgery around the same time as you and maybe you can contact your buddies that way?

Three years from now, will you look back and regret not having done it? If your answer to that is yes then you have your answer for whether or not what you're doing it right.

I love this, because this was a huge part of my process. I struggled so hard for four years to lose 90 pounds and had been stalled for a year straight. I was so frustrated, thinking, "if I had weight loss surgery when I first wanted to years ago, I wouldn't be dealing with this now." And there it was, my epiphany, "maybe I should do this now so in four more years I'm not still struggling and miserable! There's a thought..." Later that day I had surgery scheduled for three weeks later and, at nearly a month out, I'm so relieved and happy with this surgery. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself.

What are you doing? Oh, you're only taking the steps necessary to get your health and quality of life back! How can improving your health and, by association, your life be 'mad'? ;)

Also, in regards to the surgery buddy thing, I was sooo bummed about not having a surgery buddy but there should be other people scheduled at the same time as you. Omar took myself and three other ladies (two of which had just had the same surgery) out shopping post-surgery. Even though I didn't get to connect to them prior to surgery I feel like I have a couple of surgery buddies just because of the fun we had exploring and shopping together. :) You can contact *susan* or Omar and they'll let you know if other people are having surgery around the same time as you and maybe you can contact your buddies that way?

That's just what I was thinking...there are probably others scheduled but unless they are part of this forum, then they can't connect with leslie beforehand. I'm sure you will connect with someone over there. Good luck to you!

THANK YOU everyone. I needed that !! - you are all quite right and you reminded me of something that occurred to me a few weeks ago when i was having yet another panic attack. I thought about how I would feel if this surgery wasn't available - if it had never been invented or thought of and the only option for me was to continue this battle on my own and THAT was my AH HA moment so I will hold onto that thought. I would love to have a sleeve buddy but I'm sure I will meet others there. I'll be at florence.< /p>

I'm just getting back home from a life changing experience. My surgery was 8:31:13 with Dr. Illan. I feel like a brand new person and would recommend him and Omar any day hands down! Omar takes care of everything from hotel, to where to eat what to do. GREAT people inside and out. Feel free to message me about anything. I thought Florence Hospital was really nice, maybe not as nice as US but we are going to Mexico. Nurses were very kind and warm to me and didn't hesitate to get anything I needed. They understood enough English that we didn't have any problems. I have pics to post as soon as the JET LAG leaves :) I'm an East Coast girl...........Call Omar 619-623-5368 bajabariatrics@yahoo.com

well I missed all the specials :) story of my life! LOL..... They have a special going right now for September but Omar bajabariatrics@yahoo.com or Susan mysurgery.com can give you more on price. My price was $5200.00 b/c my BMI was high but I think it's somewhere around $4300.00 to $4500.00. But to have same outcome I'd pay my $5200.00 again :) ask Omar and he can probably lock you in a price. Tell him I miss him if you do :)

Sherry {{hugs}}

Poster everything u are experiencing I believe we all did. I went back and forth in my mind for days even after I had booked my flight..lol heck I even thought about canceling the surgery and going to vegas instead..lol. even when I was there laying in the hospital bed with those fricken ugly stockings on my legs and them telling me to take my panties I was thinking..."uh I don't really know if u can do this".. then I turned and looked at my 16yr old daughter who is my lifes blood. I saw how beautiful she was and I thought of my last physical test results..see I'm type 2 diabetic and for 9 yrs its been out of control. I was loosing feeling in my hands and feet. My a1c was an 11. I smoked like a chimney and I ate like a pig ...drank like a fish from time to time all in the name of selfloathing, pity, shame , heartbreak all the reasons we become obese....think of one it was probably mine..lol. My doctor told me if I didn't change something I was going to die very soon.. I was a walking heartattack waiting to happen. So u see when I was laying there looking at my daughter I knew...if I do this I MAY die from complications. .. but I knew if I DIDN'T I was surely going to die most likely of a heart attack. I really had no choice. I wanted to b around to see my grandbabies one day..lol. all 8 of them..she wants a big family ..4 of her own and to adopt 4... lol. So I have got a full future ahead of me. My surgery was easy no pain really no gas issues Omar and Dr. ILLAN took wonderful care of me and mine. It was really like a mini vacation. If I have plastics ..I know I'm doing the boobs..lol I'm going with whoever Omar and Dr Illan recommend. I'm at 3.5 weeks out and have lost 26 pounds. .probably a slow loser but a loser non the less.. I'm off ALL diabetes medicine.

This surgery had literally saved my life... any questions just ask. I'm in the process of setting up one of my oldest and dearest friends with Dr. Illan . Peace and blessings and may ur choices be wise ones for u...

Oops forgot to say I have been smoke free going on 5 weeks. I have more energy than I have had in years. I feel fantastic. I walk 2 miles every day at 3:30AM in the morning and I work 6am to 6pm. So yes I'm enjoying my new life....lol

This is just something you have to know if right in your heart. I ask for something to calm my nerves right when they were about to take me to surgery. I can't tell you anything about the OR room :) I was flying............You will do great and don't fear going alone! You are in great hands!

THANK YOU !! - you have no idea how much this helps me to hear your comments and learn about your experiences. It is honestly probably the only thing stopping me from running !! - I fluctuate from jazzed to terrified, it's natural I'm sure, certainly seems a lot of you all felt the same way. Then I read about success stories and look at before and after photos and I am pumped up again to do this.

Okay' date=' I'm scheduled with Dr Illan October 5th (haven't found another person going near my date so not looking like I'll have a buddy right now) Of course I think about it all the time but it's still kind of felt like it was in the future. I started to book my flights and realized it was all too real and now I am soiling my pants in fear !! - what the heck am I doing guys ?? - what if I HATE it after it's done and I want my old stomach back but it's too late ? - this panic is temporary, it hits me about every second or third day, but please, tell me I'm not mad for doing this.[/quote']

I am new here and have been following the forum for about a month. I am absolutely certain that I want this surgery, I need this surgery. I have struggled with my weight since I was a child. Here's my dilemma: I cannot decide WHERE to have my surgery. I have insurance but it does not pay for the surgery, so I am a self-payor. Hubby flipped out when I told him I wanted to have the surgery in MX. But locally this type of surgery is very expensive. I fear I will have complications and panic thinking I will be in another country... ALONE because hubby will have to stay home with our children. One day I am all about just scheduling the surgery and heading for MX, then I panic, back out, and I'm thinking I'll have it locally and just amass huge debt. I know I sound like a goon, but I'm panicking because I don't really know what I should do and I'm wasting time. Help..?