Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I am 4 months out. It seems my restriction has disappeared. I am not feeling full at all. For example I ate a mexican salad it was lettuce with Tomato and black Beans. I ate about a cup. I also ate a small clementine orange. I am not feeling full. I didnt drink either. I am so worried. Is this normal?

Are you still focusing on Protein first and did you have a high protein Breakfast? I read a few people say that salads don't fill them up.

I can eat a lot of salad and I'm 8 months out.

Beans are a slider, and it is so difficult to know what you are interpreting as a salad (sorry) if you chewed it up well and the proprtion of beans to letuuce was greater or even, it may have reacted like a slider food.< /p>

Also, 'full' can be a relative term. I think satiated is a better word. You should never reach for that volumous feeling again. I think for many of us that is a difficult step on its own. Just eat very slowly, and wait for that satiated trigger to kick in.

No matter what, realistically, 4-6 oz of food will be enough for you even with a large pouch, so just remind yourself your stomach is full.

Up until this week I would have a very full feeling after eating very little. I would know that I was satisfied and could not take another bite. Now I finish my meal and do not have a problem. I could eat more however I do not do it.

There is a point where your stomach relaxes. You can eat more at this point. Doesn't seem like it would be overnight though.

When you put a cup of lettuce in a blender, it turns into what.... a forth of a cup?

Also, if I eat very slowly, I can eat more.... I can eat almost twice as much eating over 45 miniutes or so.

Soup, liquids, crackers, lots of things I can eat more of. Do try the Protein first thing, you can check your restriction pretty quick on this one.

I can eat more around my Tom too. You do reach a point where you have less restriction and can fit more. Just make sure you are fitting more good foods in...and not just eating crap. Good luck!

Those aren't foods that will cause a quick feeling of restriction. I would be willing to bet that you still would feel full a lot sooner than someone who has not had the surgery. For example, I can eat the majority of a dinner salad, then only a couple bites of my dense Protein entrée- which altogether is more than a cup of food. I actually really should be skipping the dinner salad- my hubby hates when I do this. But I love salad!!!!! Let's just say I have a ton of leftovers....

Yeah I am going to have to be more careful and eat more dense Protein. I added up everything I ate today and it was 645 calories. I guess I was just over thinking. I got so used to that instant full feeling. Now I have to be more disciplined. Thanks for your thoughts :)