Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No soda? Need suggestions...

I need to quash my 2-liter a day Diet Coke habit. Need suggestions. Is diet Iced Tea allowed? Or maybe as a stepping stone? Help.... Please

I once saw someone post on here that they buy the soda stream diet coke Syrup & mix it with Water & ice. No carbonation issues. I haven't tried it but she seemed thrilled.....

just cut down... a little more and more each day. Some say try to substitute Water, not other "sweet" options to get your tastebuds reprogrammed. I do find that I drink a lot more water, and don't mind it a bit!

I haven't had soda in over two years, but I now drink coffee ALOT, lol.

I drank lite teas, infused Water, diluted juice, etc...it sounds bland but tastes awesome, you just have to experiment. It takes awhile, but I do not even like the smell of soda anymore.

If you want I can post recipies.

there is no substitute for soda because of the carbonation. I just quit,,it wasn't easy but I had to replace it with flavored water. Crystal light or a store brand. Sometimes you just have to buck up..

I assume you are pre-op. As Arts said you can wean yourself off of it slowly. Tea, coffee, crystal light, diet snapple and Water enhancers are all good options. I used to be a diet coke-a-holic and quit cold turkey. I am nearly 3 months post-op and don't miss it at all.

I too was madly addicted to sodas. I switched to diet lemonade. Lemonade is my new best friend. Of course there's also tea. But I found lemonade satisfied my cravings. :) I also found some sugar free hawaiin punch single packets, OMG!! delish and guilt free!!

I am also a diet coke freak....I am pre-op & do not have a date yet but have completed everything else....I first, had to quit smoking...done...I did find in the grocery store these squeeze drink enhancers...in with the crystal lites etc...the one I use in my Water is an "energy" one...it has B3, B6 & B12 in it but it also contains 60mgs of caffeine...this little plastic bottle has help me alot weaning off my diet coke...

Another former diet-coke -aholic here too. I started about 4 months before surgery weaning myself off them so that a month prior I was not drinking any. Mio energy also was my bestie thru that. Unfortunately for me post- op I can't stand the taste of the sweeteners. They taste so bitter to me now. Soooo. I drink only ice water( figi or evian for some reason r the ones I like now).

Occasionally I still think about diet coke with that first love feeling..... But I know I'm better off without it. ;-)

Former Diet Pepsi addict here! My plan (because I had time - I started weaning about 3 months ago) was to switch from my beloved Diet Pepsi to sodas without caffeine. So first was Diet Mug. It has a sweeter taste but still had the bubbles I liked. Then, I switched to clears only -- basically Diet Sprite or Diet 7up only and tried for just one can per day. Finally, I went cold turkey the day before my first appointment at my weight loss clinic's office (by then I was down to 1 to 2 per day). I'm still pre-op and every once in a while I will have a Diet Sprite, but next week will be the last time I can do that. Haven't had one this week, didn't have one last week. The craving has died, but my love for the bubbles isn't quite dead yet.

I should also say that I compensated by switching to unsweetened iced tea (McDonalds $1.00!) and Gatorade G2. I also drink a lot of Water during the work day now to keep my tummy full. These things keep me going and I don't miss the soda any longer. I tried a sip of Diet Pepsi about 5 weeks ago and it tasted absolutely horrible. So sad.

I don't know if any of this is helpful, but I had a 7-can a day habit and I loved my soda too. Good luck to you!

I am pre op but saw a youtube video of nurse Rae who suggested the Walmart energy pomagranate lemonade generic brand drink mixes. They're knock off crystal light & are caffinated but really taste great. They helped me transition to no caffine & not suffer.

The walmart brand pink lemonade is also great. I am off mio bc i hate that i get a different drink each time- can never get the concentration right.

I also have a soda stream & the Syrup for diet coke/ pepsi isnt what you think. Its like getting walmart brand diet cola.

You can buy the real diet pepsi syrup at the distributors or local botteling plant.

Diet coke was wine of those "foods" I k ow I can't do in moderation right now. I quit cold turkey exactly four weeks ago today. I thought I had another month or two before surgery but wanted to start living as clean as possible. I have increased my Water intake, but I'm also drinking a lot of Decaf and regular artificially sweetened tea. I would eventually like to not drink much of that either, but it's a process.

I was a coke zero addict and have totally lost the addiction now.

Every now and again I feel like a sip of coke zero (once every two months) and so I have a sip and that's it, cravings gone!

One thing that I am addicted to now though is Powerade. Mmm!

Pretty proud of myself! Doing well. Started at 2-liters/1.5 days. Down to 20 oz/1.5 days! Using Diet Snapple and Crystal Light to help.

Only diet sodas I liked was mountain dew. I use to drank Pepsi and cokes. I thought it would be hard for me to stop but it wasn't. When I tried sipping a Pepsi it tasted horrible. I am glad it do so I want get tempted. I drink coffe only at work because I work twelve hours night shift. I love ice Water and low calorie Gatorade and power drinks.< /p>