Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have their sleeve done Thursday the 29th? I keep reading about how people aren't doing well, not being able to swallow, and all other complications. I on the other hand have been feeling really good! I'm 23yrs old so maybe I was thinking because if my age but I've been of pain mess since the night I stayed in the hospital and I've been able to drink Water very well. I feel like Ive been sipping in too much broth for only being 5days out, is this normal for anyone else?

I was sleeved on the 26th. I am still a little sore when bending over. I seem to be getting liquids and Protein in OK. But.........I get lightheaded real easy and I feel like my heart is going through my chest if I do anything physical, (going up the stairs I have to lay down for 15 minutes to get my heart rate down) I was never like this prior to surgery.

So, yesterday I went to my pcp for my post-op appt. My oxygen concentration was only 84% and mt blood pressure was 84/54. My doc scared me good when she suggested they may have to transport me by ambulance to the ER. They kept an eye on me, did an EKG, and redid my vitals. My oxygen came up to 98% and my blood pressure came back up to 100/70 which is close to my norm. They let me leave but she made me go get an immediate CAT scan, for a possible pulmonary embolism. The only thing the cat scan showed was decrease lung function, which is understandable because I have COPD.

For the next 3 days I am to report to my PCP and have them check my vitals. If they plummet again they are going to admit me.

Anyone have their sleeve done Thursday the 29th? I keep reading about how people aren't doing well' date=' not being able to swallow, and all other complications. I on the other hand have been feeling really good! I'm 23yrs old so maybe I was thinking because if my age but I've been of pain mess since the night I stayed in the hospital and I've been able to drink Water very well. I feel like Ive been sipping in too much broth for only being 5days out, is this normal for anyone else?[/quote']

I was sleeved on the 29th and am very blessed to be doing great. Although I am a little sore, I feel good. I actually feel a little guilty not working (I am a teacher) because I have worked many days feeling worse than I do now.

I haven't had any problems getting the Protein and liquids down.

I can tell a big different when I am exercising (supposed to be 60 minutes). I getting tired faster.

Over all, I am very pleased and am going for my post op on Thursday.

I wonder if part of feeling so good is that I really have no other co-existing conditions except my weight, of course!

I now things will work out for everyone as we all walk our own path in our own timing. It is funny. I get concerned if I am doing well at something that I hear others struggling with. I wondered if maybe I am missing some sign. LOL.

I was sleeved on the 29th and am very blessed to be doing great. Although I am a little sore' date=' I feel good. I actually feel a little guilty not working (I am a teacher) because I have worked many days feeling worse than I do now.

I can tell a big different when I am exercising (supposed to be 60 minutes). I getting tired faster.

I wonder if part of feeling so good is that I really have no other co-existing conditions except my weight, of course!

I now things will work out for everyone as we all walk our own path in our own timing. It is funny. I get concerned if I am doing well at something that I hear others struggling with. I wondered if maybe I am missing some sign. LOL.[/quote']

I was sleeved on Wednesday the 28th. Although I'm not in any pain I am very uncomfortable. Even sleeping is a task for me. But I am happy that I went to my post op yesterday an was down 14.5 lbs!! I am tired of broths so I can't wait til Monday when I can have the puréed stuff!!!

Hello everyone i am a new to this site. I had my sleeved done on August 1st 2013. My surgeon name is Dr. Victor Gonzales in Plano, Tx. My surgery went well my highest weight was 272 before pre op after that I got down to 256lbs. Now post op I weigh 226lbs. I wil see my doctors in September. I am still drinking shakes and eating very little. I walking 4 times a day for 30 mins this journey is a process and a new way of life for me.

Hi - I am new to this site and looking forward to developing a great support network!

I was sleeved on August 26th, and aside from one really bad day, I have had a much smoother recovery than I had expected.

I'm able to get in plenty of liquids and Protein and feeling really great.

I'm back at work on Monday so a little anxious to see how this is going to go. So far my family, friends and co-workers are being very supportive, but don't quite know how to go about it, so it's a little weird.

Hello Coco Loco,

Welcome to the site. Enjoy the support from your family, friends and co-workers. A lot of my family and friends don't understand that I can't eat like I use to and my lifestyle has change. Some of my friends don't call me as often to go out to eat because I can't eat what they eat. So I hope for you things want change..like they are changing for me especially with friends.

I was sleeved on the 29th and am very blessed to be doing great. Although I am a little sore' date=' I feel good. I actually feel a little guilty not working (I am a teacher) because I have worked many days feeling worse than I do now.

I now things will work out for everyone as we all walk our own path in our own timing. It is funny. I get concerned if I am doing well at something that I hear others struggling with. I wondered if maybe I am missing some sign. LOL.[/quote']

You are a teacher?! I'm so happy to hear that. I'm waiting for insurance to get rolling and am also planning on getting sleeves this semester. I teach 5th grade so I'm curious about having energy with the kids. How many weeks are you out before returning to school?