Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you getting a new driver's license or work ID since losing weight or once you reach goal?

Holy cow, I can't believe this topic came up! I was applying for a job on line where I needed to provide my license and I started to think "who the hell would hire me looking like this" so I went last month to get a new license. I told them I lost my old one so I could keep it as a souvenir! Here in Illinois they do NOT let you take a new picture until it's time for a renewal so I had to get a manager to sign off on it. When I pled my case the manager pulled up my old photo and let out a loud "woah! This qualifies as a special case!" I actually laughed. Unfortunately I don't like the new pic either because they don't allow you to smile, but it's better then the old one!

post-47935-13813669527922_thumb.jpg

:(

This may be the saddest story I've heard all day. I don't blame your husband for wanting to go back. People can really be idiots.

Well prepare to be more sad!

My picture from that day after that man said that to me..

post-43821-13813669528407_thumb.jpg

He was an idiot. There is nothing wrong with your picture. You were and are still good looking. I see why your husband was ready to do some damage.

I am so going to love getting a new DL. When I show the one I have now people look at me like I'm crazy. They don't believe its me. I am less than half the weight I was when it was made.

Holy cow, I can't believe this topic came up! I was applying for a job on line where I needed to provide my license and I started to think "who the hell would hire me looking like this" so I went last month to get a new license. I told them I lost my old one so I could keep it as a souvenir! Here in Illinois they do NOT let you take a new picture until it's time for a renewal so I had to get a manager to sign off on it. When I pled my case the manager pulled up my old photo and let out a loud "woah! This qualifies as a special case!" I actually laughed. Unfortunately I don't like the new pic either because they don't allow you to smile, but it's better then the old one!

Really? They tell us to smile in Michigan:)

Well prepare to be more sad!

My picture from that day after that man said that to me..

post-22732-13813658815973_thumb.jpg

At least you didn't stick your tongue out at him ;)

Come over here to Cleveland....you can walk in and out. In Houston.....yeah....it's an all day affair getting a license. I went into the office in Pasadena last time and you had to sign on a waiting list just to get a chair to sit in while you waited.

Oh yes, going to the DMV in California is really an opportunity to see our state run like clockwork!! I recently went in and the wait time for those who had an appointment was 70 minutes...for those poor souls who didn't have an appointment...wait time 195 minutes...no joke! Maybe that picture is staying on my license longer than I thought :-)

It's so funny that this subject came up. I recently lost my drivers license and had to go get a new one. Well since my birthday is in Nov. and it is due for renewal, the DMV lady asked me if I just wanted to go ahead and do my renewal instead of just a replacement. I said yes but immediately began thinking about what I would do when I lose all my weight,. I think I'm going to put on some makeup, fix my hair all pretty, march in there and proudly proclaim that I need a new license because I've lost 100lb's!

Can't wait to get a new pic! Here they made me rake my glasses off(first time they've done that) which I've worn glasses since second grade.... Quite a spell ago lol. So not only am I my heaviest(270) since I'm pretty much blind without my specs I look freaked out and...... Crinkling :-(

Oh. And where I'm at in Texas is a relatively small town. So wont have to wait more than 15 min when the time comes. Sweet !

Oh. And where I'm at in Texas is a relatively small town. So wont have to wait more than 15 min when the time comes. Sweet !

I'm right there with you on that, mine is a small town also, you are in and out in no time. The DMV ladies are really nice also, which I understand is a rarity in most places.