Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victory

What is your latest non scale victory? My current nsv is that I can fit in a size 36 men's jeans. Woo Hoo!!

Ok today's NSV's I went biking BEFORE I went to a BBQ... In the past if I were going to a BBQ that would be the ONLY thing I did for the day!

Oh and I played hopscotch with my friends six year old daughter :P but really, I was the only adult there not worried about looking silly. In the past I would of told the girl no so I wouldn't have to stand up and be noticed! :D

I bought three pairs of size 8 petites. The scale hates me, but it felt good buying a single digit size.

Mine is size 38 inch pants and xl shirts. Next up will be the size 36 inch pants.woohoo. i love the way I eat now!!!

I threw on a top I had bought just before surgery and rushed out to the kitchen to finish getting ready for our guests. My husband sent me back to the closet. Said I looked like I was wearing a tent :)

I cleaned out my closet of all the clothes that are too big now to make room for my new smaller sizes!!

I bought a dress that was not from plus dept and sleeveless to go to a wedding. It has been 30 years since that has happened! Yay!

I did the same thing today, I walked into the big men's section in jcpennys and I realized I needed to go to the regular sizes.

I threw on a top I had bought just before surgery and rushed out to the kitchen to finish getting ready for our guests. My husband sent me back to the closet. Said I looked like I was wearing a tent :)

That is great!

I cleaned out my closet of all the clothes that are too big now to make room for my new smaller sizes!!

I did some cleaning out today as well.

My most recent:

- Fitting into one of those wire mesh patio chairs at a restaurant w/out looking like my rear end was trying to fight its way out of a giant strainer

- Wearing a size large workout pants!

- Watching the amount of weight I can lift or press steadily go up over the past few weeks at the gym

- buying the next size down in pants cuz I know I'll be able to wear them soon!

- Seeing my collarbones again!

- Feeling confident that I'll physically be able to do a crossfit workout when I work up the nerve to finally try it

- Being able to wear high heels without my feet hurting because there's 240 lbs compressing my toes into sausage

- FINALLY FEELING IN CONTROL OF MY LIFE!!

I got on a ride at the fair with my new son last week and I fit! Haven't been on a ride in 15 yrs...? I also went fishing this weekend and fit comfortable in one of those pop out fabric chairs :)

My latest NSV was when I realized that I have gone into the fabulous little bakery that is at my office complex to get my daily non-fat latte and breathed in the great-smelling (and tasting!) pastries and not purchased one over the last 4 months since surgery. Have been some days where I was tempted, but wasn't (too) difficult to tell myself "no". Nice to be making mindful choices that support a healthy lifestyle

My latest NSV was when I realized that I have gone into the fabulous little bakery that is at my office complex to get my daily non-fat latte and breathed in the great-smelling (and tasting!) pastries and not purchased one over the last 4 months since surgery. Have been some days where I was tempted' date=' but wasn't (too) difficult to tell myself "no". Nice to be making mindful choices that support a healthy lifestyle[/quote']

Every time I go into Starbucks I want to try one of their new pastries. I tell myself I can't this time, but if I'm really craving it I need to leave from home, not just impulse buy it. You know by the time I get home (only a mile away), I have forgotten all about it! ;-) also proud of myself that I have been stopping for others, not myself. However that may end when pumpkin starts tomorrow.

Buying size 8 skinny jeans and knee high boots.