Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seagirl two pounds is gud.. c some folks dropping the wait rapidly n that's great for them..but we me u and whom ever lose wait hw our.. again our body lose it.. its no right or wrong u doing great n keep it up..shoot nxt week it mite b four pounds pls dt beat yrself up.. we got this

I have a question. Has anyone noticed that their sense of smell and taste is different? I feel like I am hypersensitive and smells make me nauseous Also some foods do not taste the same to me at all. I am still having some trouble eating solids and they can come back up on me so it is really trial and error. My preop weight was 217 the day of my surgery 8/30 I was 207 and today I am 180. I really like the lack of hunger but I do not enjoy food at all and also still have bad reflux despite the hiatal hernia repair? Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Yes my sense of smell is off the chain right now and everything makes me nauseous. I don't know what's that about but it is driving me crazy.

I have a question. Has anyone noticed that their sense of smell and taste is different? I feel like I am hypersensitive and smells make me nauseous Also some foods do not taste the same to me at all.

I am still having some trouble eating solids and they can come back up on me so it is really trial and error.

My preop weight was 217 the day of my surgery 8/30 I was 207 and today I am 180. I really like the lack of hunger but I do not enjoy food at all and also still have bad reflux despite the hiatal hernia repair? Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Yeah I have had serious sensitive smell issues! I swear I can smell bad breath from 8 feet away.. Body odor and perfumes ohhh it's so gross.. And since surgery I hate HATE the taste of anything chocolate!! It's disgusting. Makes me wanna vomit...

Its so great I checked this out. Its exactly 8 weeks since my surgery. I was 357 day of. I forget my weight at the one month mark but can day tod ay 8 weeks later I'm 317 so a loss of 40. I was getting so frustrated because I think I lost 30 first month and only 10 this month but it sounds like we are all in the same boat. What I do know is I've gone down through 3 different goal pants and clothes are fitting much better. Also I loved Water and hate it now unless its ice cold....odd...and I now can smell an onion a mile away.

Ive been bad with Protein I don't keep track and don't drink my drinks....but then I try to eat high proetin foods.

So frustrated I haven't lost more my second month but then again happy I haven't gained! !

Neal<br />Starting weight: 363. Goal: 250. Current: 337

Its so great I checked this out. Its exactly 8 weeks since my surgery. I was 357 day of. I forget my weight at the one month mark but can day tod ay 8 weeks later I'm 317 so a loss of 40. I was getting so frustrated because I think I lost 30 first month and only 10 this month but it sounds like we are all in the same boat. What I do know is I've gone down through 3 different goal pants and clothes are fitting much better. Also I loved Water and hate it now unless its ice cold....odd...and I now can smell an onion a mile away. Ive been bad with Protein I don't keep track and don't drink my drinks....but then I try to eat high proetin foods. So frustrated I haven't lost more my second month but then again happy I haven't gained! ! Neal<br />Starting weight: 363. Goal: 250. Current: 337

Same here with the water. It needs to be ice cold for me too. ????

I have a silly question. Does Soup count as liquid or food. It's not solid food so its essentially not going To fill me up. I made Portuguese soup and it's basically puréed potatoes with Water and collard greens. Nothing really solid

I would call it liquid. No real Protein either. I would put some Unflavord Protein Powder in a bowl and see how it goes.

I have a silly question. Does Soup count as liquid or food. It's not solid food so its essentially not going To fill me up. I made Portuguese soup and it's basically puréed potatoes with Water and collard greens. Nothing really solid

The concerns I have (and this is for me, personally) would be the carbs from the potatoes & the lack of protein.....I don't eat a lot of carbs.....like SeaGirl, I'd put in some unflavored Protein powder.....since it has some solids in it, not sure if I'd count it 100% as a liquid....but that's a good question....on the full liquids phase, we counted the creamed Soups as liquid, right?

I am 8 weeks out now I haven't lost a tremendous amount of weight in pounds but I can definitely be a size change. I'm at least two sizes down. As far as tastes and smells go, I get sick at certain smells and certain things I cannot eat. Beef themes to be a problem with me. I've been sticking to Protein Bars to get all my Protein in I haven't tried salads yet. I'm a little hesitant to add a variety of new foods in just yet.

Hmmm so am I doing this wrong? I mean I can pretty much eat any type of food I want. Just very dmall amounts. I eat when hungry and drink when thirsty. I f eel like I should be having more trouble as most others are. Makes me think mine I'd workimg right? Doesent help I've been stalled for 12 days

Hmmm so am I doing this wrong? I mean I can pretty much eat any type of food I want. Just very dmall amounts. I eat when hungry and drink when thirsty. I f eel like I should be having more trouble as most others are. Makes me think mine I'd workimg right? Doesent help I've been stalled for 12 days Neal<br />Starting weight: 363. Goal: 250. Current: 337

I'm sure you are doing it right. Everyone is different. I too can eat anything but extremely small amounts. I do find the weeks I don't lose as much are the weeks I go carb crazy. Just keep going...you will eventually move down the scale again. Good luck!

Hmmm so am I doing this wrong? I mean I can pretty much eat any type of food I want. Just very dmall amounts. I eat when hungry and drink when thirsty. I f eel like I should be having more trouble as most others are. Makes me think mine I'd workimg right? Doesent help I've been stalled for 12 days

Some days are great, some are more of a challenge as I adjust to being sleeved. Overall, I have been able to eat everything, but not much of anything. I have great energy and am happier about everything in life than I have been in years. Tuesday, I had a headache, craved BarBQue as I drove up I-35 in TX (every billboard was for BarBQue or Jerky), and my head hunger was nuts. Weds I was back to being satisfied and grateful, not nutty. Goes to show that takin it one day at a time can really help.

Tonight I walked with my hubbie and I wasn't winded or sore! Down 45-50 lbs since end of June. Makes moving the bod much easier. Loving my sleeve!

Hello sleeved August 18,2013. I am down 45 lbs. I have set two goals, my first is going from 245 surgery weight to 200 lbs current weight , This took me 2 1/2 months. My next goal is to reach 150-160. Depending on how I feel and look. My health issues prior to surgery is gone. I feel wonderful I have gone down 2 pants sizes and 3 dress sizes. This journey is not a quick fix in my book. It took years to get to where surgery was my only option to becoming healthy again. So one day at a time and slow and steady for me. I am eating very small meals. More Water is key This journey is something that I would consider all over again Hope all of you sleevers know how great this experience is and hearing all if you stories is outstanding keep up the great work. Till next time

Day if surgery 245

2 1/2 months later 200

Edited by lazerider

I also find that certain smells can really make me nauseous, I mean I have to get away from them :wacko:

Checking in on my fellow August sleevers. Running into the frustration of being finished before anyone else at the table. Still can only eat about 6 or 7 bites. Working on slowing down each and every time. Think i am down to nearly two minutes a bite lol. Love, love, love my new stomach. It is doing it's job by getting me full with just a little bit. Upped my Protein intake because I have more hair strands in my brush and comb. Have become great friends with cottage cheese, as too many Protein Drinks in a day become tiresome. So far I have lost 44.8 lbs...sleeved 8/29/13. Hope everyone else is feeling better since we are a little further out from our surgery month. Good luck to all.