Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you join August sleevers on FB can your "friends" see that you are a member and what you say? Not ready to advertise to everyone I know. Just curious. Thanks.

That's the very reason I haven't joined myself- i'm not ready for family/friends to know about my procedure- i'm thinking about opening up an entirely different facebook...

I had mine August 16. And this whole journey has days where I feel like I'm having a complete mind f*** :)

I had mine August 12 and I totally understand!

My mind has been trained to think about foods a certain way for years (and about myself) and now that has been forced to change in a VERY short amount of time. Sometimes I think I get emotional whiplash.

Crowsnestmama that's exactly what it is. I've always had this relationship with food and now I have to set reminders to eat and force myself to eat and food is the last thing on my mind. As of now I'm much better with all of it but the first couple weeks was horrible. On top of the pain I had around my largest incision. For weeks it had an awful tingling sensation and felt like I was ripping everything open. My core is still very week but feels a lot better :) I couldn't be happier with the results on the scale either :)

That's the very reason I haven't joined myself- i'm not ready for family/friends to know about my procedure- i'm thinking about opening up an entirely different facebook...

As far as I was told about the FB page is that it is private and others cannot see that you're in the group or see your posts in the group page. I'm a member and none of my friends have said anything about me joining or commenting in the group so I think you're safe.

If you join August sleevers on FB can your "friends" see that you are a member and what you say? Not ready to advertise to everyone I know. Just curious. Thanks.

No it's a private group :) they would have to be part of the group to see posts... I thought the same thing.

No it's a private group :) they would have to be part of the group to see posts... I thought the same thing.

But do they see the group in your "likes" section?

Nope. Only members of the group can see your likes or whether other sleeve members liked something you posted

No, they can't. It's a closed group ;)

Hello Everyone' date='

I was sleeved on the 26th. My highest weight was 289. My weight before my pre-op diet was 266. The day of my surgery I was 251. After having surgery I was up to 259. I am now 1 week out and as of this morning I am down to 247. Hooray for me.

I am also having difficulty getting in more than 40 grams of Protein. My fluids are around 40 to 60 oz..

Some of my incision sights are still sore. I haven't experienced much bruising except on my arms.

My energy is real low but it is getting better. I have been off all pain meds since 4 days post-op.

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL![/quote']

I had my WLS on 8/26. I use Eat The Bear Protein Shakes. They are sugar free and have 25g of protein in each one. I add 8oz of Skim Plus w Fiber to make the shake. There's another 11g of protein so that's 36g in one 8oz glass. Eat The Bear is so good. I love the chocolate Peanut Butter and it is not thick at all. Worth the price cause you only use one scoop unlike the other powders that are two scoop. Hope this helps...

I am the exact same way. The hiccups are weird but a good indicator

That's funny cause I have one friend who hiccups and his brother sneezes. I don't get either but didn't realize it happened to more than just them!

Any newbies out there? Has my surgery on 8/27 and looking for new Sleevers to go through the journey with.

I am an August sleever too. My WLS was 8/26/13. My heaviest was 274, presurgery 262 and today am 234. I'm happy to say that 28 lbs have somewhat melted off. However even 5 weeks out I'm still very tired even with all the Vitamins I take.

I have a hard time drinking my 64oz of fluids. I can't drink room temp drinks. It has to be ice cold or hot...like hot tea or coffee. Anyone else feel like this?

I am able to get my Protein in...usually over 80g a day but my calorie count is nowhere near 1000. I'm lucky if I break 800 for the day.

Thank God I have a great support system. My husband cooks so I bought two "after surgery" cookbooks so he can help me stay on target eating great food.

I look forward to hanging out with you August folks. :)

Maybe yo can tell me why some of people's post and the page post show up on my feeds. I have to keep saying hide them so they don't show.

Maybe yo can tell me why some of people's post and the page post show up on my feeds. I have to keep saying hide them so they don't show.

You can see it but others can't. Even when they go to your timeline they can't see it. I've checked through my hubby and my kids' accounts, no sightings at all.

Okay! Feeling much better today! I went ahead and scheduled an appt with my doc and went with all my issues! He fixed them ALL! Told me to cut my antidepressant in half and take it!! Woohoo! Just hearing him say it made me feel so much better! He said I can also take my Prilosec in pill form! He said forget the chewable multis and take Walmart generic prenatal which is very small AND it takes care of my Iron requirement too! Woohoo!! Lastly he gave me a script for my yeast infection that the antibiotics caused. Life is good now and I see it getting better each day now. Only thing is the pain I feel in my chest and shoulder when I drink too much. He said that would go away but man it's painful! Thanks everyone! Looks like your suggestions were spot on!! Jenn

Are your Walmart Generic Prenatal's by Walmart? If not who are they by?